You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, April 14th 2005, 3:23pm

You asked for a sketch...

Gentlemen,

some days ago you asked if I have a sketch of Design 29K/N. Sadly I haven´t one. For compensation I proudly present to you a drawing of my latest CL class. :o)

Enjoy!

Thursday, April 14th 2005, 4:11pm

A good looking vessel, Hooman. Well done.
Now one of the 29K/N. :-)

Thursday, April 14th 2005, 5:33pm

Hmm...

Transom stern? Torpedoes? On a battle...oh, hang on, somebody's doinig a bait 'n' switch.

Seriously, though - nice work, although I find the forward funnel a little odd looking. Probably more to do with the shape aft, rather than the trunking forward.

HoOmAn

Thursday, April 14th 2005, 10:01pm

The forward funnel was trunked to get the hot exhaust gases away from the bridge.

It wasn´t possible to move the whole funnel aft because the aux boiler room and main turbo generator room I had to be placed below the bridge. The machinery spaces are too large to have them further aft.

In general the design is heavily influenced by the historical DA BARBIANO class light cruiser (Condottieri Type 1), even though I never planned to haver her look like a close relative. :o/ It happened coincidentally. :o)

Thursday, April 14th 2005, 10:14pm

I thought she looked a lot like Condottieri I. Seems to be a similar concept as well.

The bridge looks a bit strange because it is sloped backwards.

Why is there only 1 turret-mounted rangefinder?

HoOmAn

Thursday, April 14th 2005, 11:11pm

What do you mean with "the bridge is sloped backwards"?

There is only one turret mounted rangerfinder (B turret) because of weight restrictions. Overall she has 3 rangerfinders for her guns - that should be enough. B turret got one because it is the highest turret position and B turret can also be used as aux bridge to command the ship should the normal bridge be destroyed....

Friday, April 15th 2005, 12:06am

Pretty ship

And decent armament, for the tonnage. Those little things can be built quickly and only need Class 2 slips and docks.

HoOmAn

Friday, April 15th 2005, 12:21am

You´re right about the type 2 docks...

Regarding armament - 8x 15cm are some kind of standard but if those 88mm secondaries are a good choice I´m not sure. Originally I wanted 10,5cm guns but I wasn´t able to put 8 of them on her. Overall the design really is at the edge of what is possible (with my limited skill, that is)...

Friday, April 15th 2005, 9:45am

I had a closer look. The bridge is actually vertical, it just appears to slope backwards for some reason.

Friday, April 15th 2005, 10:13am

You been drinking again RA?

Friday, April 15th 2005, 12:50pm

Could be caused by the other vertical lines near the forward line of the bridge.

Friday, April 15th 2005, 1:05pm

I agree with RA. must be caused by the flybridge

Friday, April 15th 2005, 1:21pm

I agree too.

I think the after funnel is too slim to be on a +30knt CL. Reminds me of Tashkent in a way.

Cheers.

Friday, April 15th 2005, 4:15pm

It does have an 'italian look' resembling the early Conditteri designs. But on the plus side it doesn't have the bizarre forward hanger/aircraft handling facilities of that design

HoOmAn

Saturday, April 16th 2005, 3:00am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Could be caused by the other vertical lines near the forward line of the bridge.

WTF..... I still don´t get what you guys are talking about?! What have you been smokin´?!

HoOmAn

Saturday, April 16th 2005, 3:03am

Quoted

Originally posted by alt_naval
I agree too.

I think the after funnel is too slim to be on a +30knt CL. Reminds me of Tashkent in a way.

Cheers.

TASHKENT? C´mon.... There the bridge is really sloping backwards....

No, she doesn´t resemble a TASHKENT. She´s much closer to a Cond. I....and who said she´s capable of "+30knt"?!

Saturday, April 16th 2005, 3:41am

If she's not...

Quoted

....and who said she´s capable of "+30knt"?!

If she's not, then she's really undergunned.

Saturday, April 16th 2005, 6:17am

...what about the transom stern? 30+ knots me finks....

As for her slooping Bridge..I don't see that either. I do however see the decks staggered aft as they go along.

Saturday, April 16th 2005, 10:31am

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

WTF..... I still don´t get what you guys are talking about?! What have you been smokin´?!

Well it's a poor explanation. Perhaps it is better that I mark it on the picture and send it to you what I mean.

HoOmAn

Saturday, April 16th 2005, 11:01am

Ah, thanks. Now I know what you guys were talking about.... :o)