You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 20th 2004, 3:43am

Atlantis daily Globe Oct. 10th 1924

Atlantian naval force shift

Today the navy announced the plan to redeploy several ships in part to respond to current percieved threats but also to meat FAR treaty obligations.

The first of these movements was to move the CV's Arrogant and Fearless from the home fleet in Cleito to Phelleus last month. Today the navy announced the the following units would be transfered to marseilles to shore up the french fleet which currently is short on BB's while a replacement for the BB France is being built. "In light of Italian fleet units basing in Cadiz, France is being held hostage and Atlantis is clearly being threatened." siad Admiral Wilson, chief of Naval staff. "these transfers will effect our Turkish mandates sea protection but land forces in the region are up to the task of defending the Autonomous region". In addition the fleet at safi wil also recieve some extra ships.

Below are the following transfers:

At Marseilles

BB Posiedon

9th Cruiser Squadron

CL Intrepid
CL Lively
CL Thrasius
CL Patroclius

9th Destroyer Flotilla

Desdiv 28
Tyrant, Isla, Ault, Dent
Desdiv 29
Gore, Torch, Sylph, Expunge
Desdiv 30
Foss, Cofer, Bull, Muir

At Safi

1st Battlecruiser squadron

BC Vengeance
BC Glory

5th Cruiser Squadron

CA Hydra
CA Chimera
CL Active
CL Vindex
CL Concord

11th Cruiser Squadron
(to replace the 9th cruiser squadron)

CL Callosus
CL Iphicles
CL Orcus
CL Vernus

8th Destroyer Flotilla
(transfered from home fleet)

CL Maturin
Desdiv 25
Tyrian, Truant, Trident, Thanet
Desdiv 26
Thracian, Thorn, Tribune, Trojan
Desdiv 27
Basilone, Furse, Borum, Avarice

Monday, September 20th 2004, 4:34am

...while strolling through Rome, the Filipino ambassador sees smoke rolling from the windows of Signor Mussolini's apartment...upon closer inspection, the smoke is pouring from the Signor's ears...

Monday, September 20th 2004, 1:50pm

Quoted

...while strolling through Rome, the Filipino ambassador sees smoke rolling from the windows of Signor Mussolini's apartment...upon closer inspection, the smoke is pouring from the Signor's ears...

Sadly you are mistaken as Mussolini is currently negotiating with the Indians.

The afforementioned component of the RM circulates between both Cadiz and Cagliari, and may be going further afield soon....

Monday, September 20th 2004, 7:15pm

"The afforementioned component of the RM circulates between both Cadiz and Cagliari, and may be going further afield soon...."

Oh Goodie! Playmates for my northern fleet!

Monday, September 20th 2004, 7:31pm

Quoted

Sadly you are mistaken as Mussolini is currently negotiating with the Indians.

The shogun wonders:
"If Mussolini-san is currently negotiating with the Indians... and there was no one else in the office...
... then who did the Filipino ambassador see? A spy? Or perhaps a Kagemusha?(*)"

(*) From this review: "Kagemusha means quite literally the double. In essence it also means something that is a shadow of the real thing and therefore partially diminished by being less than the original."
A double could be possible since someone did try to 'dispose' of him in the last few years (if I remember correctly).

Quoted

Oh Goodie! Playmates for my northern fleet!

Perhaps it is the other way around. :-)

Monday, September 20th 2004, 7:49pm

"Perhaps it is the other way around. :-)"

Care to take a guess where the Menelaus class CA's will be posted when completed?

Northern Fleet,Phelleus

2nd Battle Squadron

BB Mauritania
BB Alexandria
BB Atlas
BB Gadeirus

2nd Carrier Squadron

CV Arrogant
CV Fearless
SPC Praia
SPC Mindelo

1st Cruiser Squadron

CA Pioneer
CA Pursuer
CL Eridanus
CL Deucalion

5th Destroyer Flotilla

CL Eclipse
Desdiv 15
Falcon, Fox, Fervent, Fortune
Desdiv 16
Foul, Flirt, Foresight, Fury
Desdiv 17
Unique, Underhand, Undermine, Uncouth

3rd torpedo gunboat flotilla

TGB-9
TGB-10
TGB-11
TGB-12

6th patrol flotilla

E-27
E-28
E-29
E-30
E-31

10th patrol flotilla

E-47
E-48
E-49
E-50
E-51

8th Sub hunting flotilla

SC-98 to 109

9th Sub hunting flotilla

SC-110 to 121

After leaving the nice quaint waters of the Med. this is what you would face after wading through the fleet based in Safi, if your still intact.....

Monday, September 20th 2004, 7:52pm

Quoted

Care to take a guess where the Menelaus class CA's will be posted when completed?

Well, perhaps that post would no longer exist once it is completed. :-)
(making note: prepare the long range bombers with Italian markings)

Monday, September 20th 2004, 7:59pm

"Well, perhaps that post would no longer exist once it is completed. :-)"

Highly doubtfull....

"(making note: prepare the long range bombers with Italian markings)"

Oh goody!, playmates for my carrier and land based air squadrons!

Monday, September 20th 2004, 8:17pm

Quoted

"(making note: prepare the long range bombers with Italian markings)"

A bomber that can fly from Japan to Atlantis? A bomber that can fly from Cadiz to Atlantis is pushing it a bit unless you include the S.55 which is a flying boat. (BTW, its more than 50mph faster than all Atlantean fighters)

Carriers; good for scouting. Useless for more or less everything else.

Where on earth are these places you keep mentionning anyway???? All I have is an outline map :(

Monday, September 20th 2004, 8:30pm

Quoted

A bomber that can fly from Japan to Atlantis? A bomber that can fly from Cadiz to Atlantis is pushing it a bit unless you include the S.55 which is a flying boat. (BTW, its more than 50mph faster than all Atlantean fighters)

Well, with Manzo behind the controls, he'll get a bomber anywhere on this world. But it is very likely that he'll hit the Japanese Ambassy in London, instead of a naval base.

Quoted

Carriers; good for scouting. Useless for more or less everything else.

You forgot one thing: Excellent for target practice. :-)

Tuesday, September 21st 2004, 6:00am

Safi is midway up the coast of Morocco while Phelleus is on the North East coast of Atlantis.

I was working on a beautifull map...before my harddrive scuttled itself taking the map down to Davy Jones locker with it. Walter may have some of the progress I made but I will have to wait till he gets back home to find out just what he has, if he still has it.

Tuesday, September 21st 2004, 7:55am

Well, I am sure I had a map of Atlantis that you send to me (and hopefully I still have it and not accidentally deleted it). However I am not sure if that was the complete map that you sent me or an earlier version. We'll know on Friday.