You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 29th 2004, 8:09pm

AWNR: J Q4, 1922

Still lagging behind. I think that for 1923 in order to catch up, I will only post the really important stuff...
(For the time being, I've removed the yen-dollar and ryo-dollar as well as the Kyoto SEAASP)

========================================

Monday October 9, 1922
There was a minor accident this morning at Kyoto aerodrome as a Mitsubishi 1MF5 fighter crashed into a Fokker F III civilian aircraft parked near a hangar. No details were released of the pilot of the 1MF5 who had mysteriously disappeared after the accident and no info was released of the owner of the Fokker.

Wednesday October 18, 1922
Lady Nakamura Maeko has left for Egypt to team up with archaeologist Howard Cater, who is preparing for a new season in the Valley of the Kings.

Wednesday November 1, 1922
Today’s Birthday: Lady Nakamura Maeko… in Egypt

Tuesday November 7, 1922
It has been reported that a few days ago, Howard Carter located the first steps to a tomb that is believed to be from the 18th Dynasty. However no further details can be given until all the rubbish on top is removed.

Thursday November 30, 1922
Yesterday was the official opening of the Tomb of the Egyptian Pharaoh whose name has been revealed to be Tut-ankh-Amun. Various guests were invited and they first had lunch in the Valley of the Kings, before opening the tomb during the afternoon. Some people are already mentioning that this could be one of the biggest discoveries in the Valley of the Kings.

Monday December 4, 1922
Today, Lady Nakamura Maeko visited the beautiful Temple of Queen Hatshepsut at Deir el Bahri.

Monday December 25, 1922
Today it has been announced that some months ago, Captain Terada Fushige of the HIJMS Fuso had sent a report to the shogun regarding the disappearances of the ships and the South China Sea Pirates. He reported that the Japanese forces and Iberian forces managed to locate the position of the Pirates with the use of the Iberian airship. Reconnaissance by the airship indicated that most of the pirate forces consisted of Junks, but several destroyers and cruisers as well. Even more shocking was the discovery of what looked like a Pre-Dreadnought battleship, but no one could confirm that.
With foggy conditions the Iberian and Japanese forces attacked the base in the hope to surprise the pirates, but part of the Pirates’ fleet was not present. Those ships that were there attacked, but they were easily beaten by the Iberian and Japanese guns. But soon enough it was clear that the pirates weren’t that stupid, as the other part of their fleet used the cover of the fog to attack the Japanese and Iberian ships. Originally the Iberians and Japanese planned to use the fog to surprise the enemy, but now the fog was used against them.
Despite the surprise attack of the pirates and the damage taken by several ships, the Japanese and Iberians used their skills, experience and superior weaponry and technology to take out the pirate ships in a short but fierce clash. The ship, suspected to be a pre-Dreadnought, is believed to have gone down, sunk by the gunfire of the Fuso and several Iberian torpedoes, but it is possible that a couple of the destroyers and cruisers managed to get away, using the cover of the fog.
Still it has been confirmed that the pirate activity has considerably dropped ever since the clash. However it is expected that sooner or later the pirates could be back, or another pirate group will move in to fill the void.

Thursday, July 29th 2004, 8:11pm

Yayoko’s Personality of the World

[SIZE=3]NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!![/SIZE]

When I was preparing to go to Atlantis for an interview with General Marcaius Zentius of the Atlantis Army Airforce (and hopefully a decent one this time), I got the news that my private aeroplane, the ‘Akaibara-plane’, was destroyed my some flying lunatic!!! The villain who is responsible for this attack on my plane was not identified and he is still at large, but bits of a Mitsubishi 1MF5 fighter were found mangled with the remains of my plane.
You know, I was very attached to that plane. I have been to many areas of the Empire with that machine, as well as Chosen and Formosa and the Japanese Pacific Mandates. It was a unique plane and I will really miss it. There is no plane that can replace it at the moment and one just like the old one is hard to come by. By the time a new one is arranged, it will already be time for the tournament in February.
… which means there will be no Yayoko’s Personality of the World for this quarter because I haven’t prepared anything else…
Also I am not too happy about the way I fought during the latest tournament. I made a stupid mistake on the last day, which resulted in the injury of my left arm (I am left-handed). Definitely should have been more careful.

Thursday, July 29th 2004, 11:03pm

Quoted

No details were released of the pilot of the 1MF5

Gee, I wonder who THAT might be? *snicker, snicker*

Quoted

However it is expected that sooner or later the pirates could be back, or another pirate group will move in to fill the void.

As they did, with the destruction of a pirate AC by the Filipino predread Manila in October 1923 (see Filipino News October 1923 thread).

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, July 30th 2004, 1:34pm

Manzo strikes again!

YEEEEEESSSSS! Manzo´s back! *g* ;o)

Nicely put, Walter. I still wonder how pirates could lay their hand on a pre-dread.....but this is WesWorld so why bother. :o) Will the lost KONGOs also re-appear as pirate ships?

I wonder what ships - both iberian and japanese - were invovled in that shooting and what kind of damage they received? How are they rated now (in %)? I expext light and moderate damage to some vessels?

I´m curious because this is 22er news and I haven´t seen those ships in repairs during 1923.... So those ships are still damaged, I guess, and need to be repaired (material, docktime etc.).

Regards,

HoOmAn

Friday, July 30th 2004, 6:48pm

Quoted

I still wonder how pirates could lay their hand on a pre-dread

If you send a ship to some firm to be scrapped, will it truly be scrapped? You never know what kind of evil guys are running such firms.

Quoted

I´m curious because this is 22er news and I haven´t seen those ships in repairs during 1923.... So those ships are still damaged, I guess, and need to be repaired (material, docktime etc.).

Yes, there was one serious problem that I had. Compared to the Reports, the news was seriously running behind schedule so I took the very easy way (as you may have read in the previous news article): I had damaged ships enter ports of Chosen and Formosa and let them be repaired there and pay those nations later. But if you want to see the repairs, I should post some Chosen and Formosa reports as well.
Now since I was busy with a plan to build some more modern vessels for those two nations, I thought using the Jakumo's (originally the Asama's) as payment for not only the Okinoshima and the Mishima, but for the repairs as well, would do. Not only would that work with the payment, but it would also give each of the two nations two more modern ships to use already (and if you have checked the reports, you might have seen that that has been done).
Still, I think I should have mentioned that more clearly, but I think that stuff like that should be posted in reports for Chosen and Formosa.
If you don't like it, then I'm sorry to say that you will have to live with it. If my ships had suffered battle damage against a player nation's fleet, I would definitely do that different, but since it is all for a bit of a storyline against a non-player group, I think it should not be a problem. Remember, I didn't have to damage any ships.
If you think it to be necessary, I'll create some Chosen and Formosa Reports to cover that bit of time.

Friday, July 30th 2004, 7:53pm

Quoted

If you think it to be necessary, I'll create some Chosen and Formosa Reports to cover that bit of time.

I for one would like to see that. :) The more reports the merrier! :)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, July 31st 2004, 2:45am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Remember, I didn't have to damage any ships.

Well, sure. But how realistic is that?

Saturday, July 31st 2004, 3:37am

"If you don't like it, then I'm sorry to say that you will have to live with it. If my ships had suffered battle damage against a player nation's fleet, I would definitely do that different, but since it is all for a bit of a storyline against a non-player group, I think it should not be a problem. Remember, I didn't have to damage any ships."

Tsk tsk...Walter...what would the moderators say!!!

I do see what you are trying to do, there may be some unforeseen problems though.