You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 9:26am

Brazil

Folks,

I would like to formerly petition to take over the mess that is Brazil once the S. American War is (hopefully) over.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 11:05am

Why ?

You play poland and romania ! I think this is challenge enough. Why you will play a third country ?

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 12:23pm

Why? Why not?

Poland and Romania, in the scheme of Europe and in Wesworld itself, are tiny powers. Romania is the biggest, and naval-wise it's only one factory larger than Belgium is!

There are people in this sim who play more countries, bigger countries, and more bigger countries than TheCanadian. After all, Wes has Atlantis, Columbia, Turkey, and Byzantium to fill; Hrolf has the US and Germany, with sixty-some factories between them; Perdedor used to have something like six small ones, and Admiral K used to run both France and Russia.

So for Parador's objections, I'm not seeing it the same way. If they have the time, the interest, and the talent, why shouldn't he be permitted to pick up another country?

(Crud, ran out of time. Need to finish addressing this in whole later...)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Aug 19th 2008, 12:23pm)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 2:05pm

What we need in South America is a stable and reliable player with a sense of humor and realism. He should be able and willing to build up a medium sized power devasted by war and not head for the next crazy stunt. Such player should also have shown this abilities in the past and add a decent understanding of how WesWorld is run.

TheCanadian does not fail this specification so I think he´s a good candidate. I also do not see how running Poland and Romania could lead to a conflict of interests.

However, whoever takes control of Brazil will need some patience as I´ve trouble catching up with the things Hood and I need to sort out and write down. It may take a while until said player can actually take controll.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 2:09pm

I second the motion. Poland and Romania are small enough that a somewhat larger nation will not affect the running of his original nations plus they are not in conflicting alliances.

Indeed Brazil will have a lot of decisions to make postwar. A good place to test theories plus we have to see how the postwar treaty looks like.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Aug 19th 2008, 2:09pm)

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 2:10pm

I have nothing against TheCanadian as player of Brazil, i only want to know why he would like to play Brazil, that's all.

And yes, i think he's a good candidate, he shows his understanding how WesWorld is running, in playing the small countries.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 4:36pm

He gets my vote!

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 4:47pm

Why thank you everyone for the kind words.

The reason I want to take over Brazil, is for some weird reason I like fixing things. Brazil is a complete and utter train wreck. After the war, most of the fleet will need repairs, the factories will be at 90% capacity and that (blank) Fyrwulf decides to expand three type 1 slips to type 3s in a middle of a war????????????????? Perhaps the S. Africans can send a commando raid or something. :D
Anyhow, the place is fixable, but Brazil is not going to be much of a player till the mid 1940's at least, which is fine by me.

And thats not even touching the foreign policy decisions. Whoever's the FM there needs to be shot. At once.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Aug 19th 2008, 4:51pm)

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 4:51pm

The problem with Brazil is she built too many new ships when she sould have purchased some used ships to swell the number of ships, not really a problem as most were very nice looking vessels. Top that off with the building ship yards in the middle of a war......

HoOmAn

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 4:58pm

Brazils latest reports were a mess of calculation errors and other flaws.

You carefully need to examine was was actually there when Swamphen left and go from there with Fyrwulfs material at hand. Where things are not clear, use your imagination and make a choice. YOu also need to carefully check the board (news, design, reports) for all designs posted and compare them to what is in the Brazilean encyclopedia. We know Fyrwulf altered some design. That needs to be fixed. It might be wise to build up a new encyclopedia structure and once you transferred everything necessary we´ll erase all old stuff or move it to the archives. This seems necessary as you will not be able to edit posts by Swamphen or Fyrwulf.

If you need help, raise your voice.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:00pm

Can that be stopped? I mean Brazil does not need an extra 3 type 3 slips, they have 3 already, and for the size of the country thats quite enough.

The place is an absolute nightmare though. I'd estimate the repairs alone will take at least 3-4 years to complete. And thats a conservative estimate.

It's weird but the more I think about it, the more I want to play it.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:00pm

What about the quarterly reports Fyrwulf made during his breif return? They seem like a "scorched earth" policy to me, leaving Brazil with projects they don't really need post war.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:08pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
It might be wise to build up a new encyclopedia structure and once you transferred everything necessary we´ll erase all old stuff or move it to the archives.

Actually, if that can be managed it'd be great. Brazil's pages are rather confusing.

(Though not as confusing as Japan's folder. I think Rooijen's strategy of hiding the trees in the forest is working well. Almost need google to find stuff in there!)

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:10pm

IMO their leaders committed political and military suicide in the years leading to the war. Tried to expand too fast, buying fancy new toys they can barely afford while politicians trying their best to get very single of their neighbors worry about their intentions by launching themselves into adventures like the Andean War and the Paraguayan Civil War.

Postwar could be interesting. They know they can trust the Argentines but they need to turn their eyes in the direction of new patrons to ensure their surviva, at least until they recover somewhatl. One thing on their advantage is that the SAE must know by now they have effectively neutered the Brazilian Fleet. That can means a little bit of leniancy in a peace treaty.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:12pm

Atlantis is happy that the SAE has neutered the Brazilian fleet and forced their already careless leaders to dig their own graves.

As you say, Brazilian adventures into other conflicts as a third party, late for dinner has indeed made their neighbours very wary.

Atlantis is hoping that will change post war.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:16pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
What about the quarterly reports Fyrwulf made during his breif return? They seem like a "scorched earth" policy to me, leaving Brazil with projects they don't really need post war.

As best I can tell, the way the slip construction would go, it'd take 4 years to complete it, even ignoring the worn-down factories. I didn't see anything very upsetting in the Q3 and Q4/35 reports, but Q1/36 was... little better than vandalism, IMHO.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:17pm

That was my thought as well, hence my "scorched earth" policy comment.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:19pm

I guess a coup around March 1936 is in order to get rid of the "criminals that took our beloved nation in the path of destruction." :rolleyes:

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:23pm

I'm sure there are some Admirals in the Brazilian fleet that are having just such thoughts running through their heads. ;)

HoOmAn

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:27pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
buying fancy new toys they can barely afford

Not sure I can agree on this bit. In fact the modern mini-BCs and large DDs proofed good designs. Against a larger enem you´ll always run into troubles...

What the Brazilians severly lacked are small units which are the workhorses of each navy. Not sure if they were never planned, never build or simply forgotten to add to the encyclopedia. It made scripting quite difficult, though....