You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 2:42am

Remaining German Treaty Obligations?

In going through the back traffic in News and elsewere, there appears to me to be one question that has not been fully answered, except in default. That question is, "What obligations or restrictions, if any, is Germany under at the present time?"

It appears to me that Germany was able to shed some - if not all - of its obligations/restrictions under WW's version of the Verseille Treaty when it signed the Cleito Treaty. There were several discussion threads dating to 1932 (Game Time) about what obligations applied to Germany and what did not, but appears that no concensus was reached at that time.

Since then, it would appear that Germany has operated without any restrictions save those of the Cleito Treaty, which has now lapsed. Over the last eight game years Germany has developed an army of considerable size, an air force in like proportion, and has a good sized navy. Save for those discussions back in 1932 (Game Time), I have found few objections to what has happened. By the tacit acceptance of what has happened, I would presume that Germany is under no restrictions in regards to armaments.

But before proceeding, I would invite comment on that point. While I would not want to retcon eight years of game play, if there are restrictions which some players believe to be in force, let us consider them and determine a course of action.

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 3:13am

It was my belief that Germany was under few if any restrictions regarding legitimate armed forces. If not by treaty, then by default.

Tuesday, October 19th 2010, 7:12pm

Remaining German Treaty Obligations

As there have been few comments, and no suggestions that treaty limitations remain in force, I shall proceed on the assumption that Germany is no longer obligated by the Treaty of Verseilles, the Cleito Treaty, or any other treaty for the size, scale or composition of its armed forces - save for the Gent's Rules of the Game.

Tuesday, October 19th 2010, 7:17pm

Fair enough.