You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, October 18th 2006, 12:24am

Colombian News Q2/32

Abril 19th 1932- General Francisco Aguilera, Colombian Army Commander, was present today in Cartagena for the arrival of the first of the armored vehicles donated by the Atlantean government to the nation of Colombia. General Aguilera stated to the press that "Atlantis has always been a friend of our nation and their willingness to help our military in upgrading their capabilities is truly a sign of their good intentions toward us."

The exact number that arrived was not made public but a demonstration of one of the vehicles was made to the press near the pier. The vehicle has been indentified as an AT-17 MkIII tank and General Aguilera was very pleased by the demonstration.

May 3rd 1932- A naval mission arrived yesterday to the city of Cleito and many consider this visit as another sign of the growing cooperation between the Colombian and Atlantean naval communities, with the possibility of Colombia adquiring a capital ship from the Atlanteans to counter the recent developments in South America being considered as very good.

Wednesday, October 18th 2006, 1:47am

Hold up, I haven't agreed to any of this yet.

Wednesday, October 18th 2006, 2:01am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Hold up, I haven't agreed to any of this yet.

Just based the info some of your past post in regard to possible actions by Colombia. For example the one about the Colombians being interested in the Poseidon.

Also the one about any military hardware being available to Colombia comes to mind. Also the dates are over two months after the treaty between both nations being signed, long enough to both of them happening.

Also both of them are open enough that you can respond at your leisure. But up to you, just following what the info you posted before to reach that posts.

Wednesday, October 18th 2006, 2:10am

Firstly we would have to confirm that you have taken control of a nation and secondly we would have to agree on these exchanges of military hardware. They can't simply be based on suposition, they have to be set up by and agreed upon by both nations.

Consider it a screening process if you will, to simply partake in out of charactor discussion and make comments out of charactor on others designs, news post etc.

We do this to make sure players are here for the long haul and not simply a short stint.

Wednesday, October 18th 2006, 2:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Firstly we would have to confirm that you have taken control of a nation and secondly we would have to agree on these exchanges of military hardware. They can't simply be based on suposition, they have to be set up by and agreed upon by both nations.

Consider it a screening process if you will, to simply partake in out of charactor discussion and make comments out of charactor on others designs, news post etc.

We do this to make sure players are here for the long haul and not simply a short stint.

Fair enough. Still I think the Colombians will like some military hardware to reach their military as a sign of "good faith"

Also do you checked my ship design? Anything wrong with it?

Wednesday, October 18th 2006, 2:38am

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Fair enough. Still I think the Colombians will like some military hardware to reach their military as a sign of "good faith"

Also do you checked my ship design? Anything wrong with it?

I have no doubt Atlantis and Colombia would arrange an agreement but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it in an appropriate timeline.

As for the design haven't had a real good look at it yet but I will certainly add my input.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, October 18th 2006, 8:33am

Perdedor,

there are two simple rules for writing news in WesWorld.

1.) If the news affects your country alone - it is up to you.

2.) If the news affect any other power everything has to be agreed on by all parties involved before posting.

Hope this helps.

I further agree with Wes: Don´t jump the gun. We´ve made our experiences with players too keen to join and then leaving after a some weeks. This SIM is not up for many years now - probably the longest running alternate world SIM in the net - because we picked participants without knowing a bit about the guy behind the keyboard.

So while I generally agree that Columbia might be the right place for you to start with I would like to see you accepting a slower pace into the SIM in general.

Thanks,

HoOmAn