You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, July 19th 2003, 11:06pm

making a visiter section to the forums

Perhaps we should have a visiters section to our forums so visiters will not get the wrong idea and start jumping into our SIM. We can post storys and fleet lists there while more important stuff can go into a section where only SIM players can get into.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, July 20th 2003, 12:27am

Not a good idea, though

We could do that but personally I don´t think this is a good idea.

This SIM always was meant to be open for visitors to drive by and comment if they like. And as on the Design Board of warships1 we always gained something by the input provided by "outsiders" or visitors. See desertmoles post on the avitation board and you´ll get the drift....

Makeing a board for visitors and one for participiants only wouldn´t help us. People who think it is fun to pump our board full of nonsense could still do so while more serious visitors wouldn´t be able to see what is really going on anymore and thus we, the players, would loose their important and interesting input.

So on a first glimbs it might look like a good idea to have a restricted area but on a second thought we would cut our own flesh.

Input from non-participiants is much appreciated on all topics and thus we should leave things as they are right now.

Cheers,

HoOmAn

PS: For me as Admin it needs just one single click to close ones account and delete all his (nonsense-)posts if necessary. I also have some other tools at hand so it is much easier to deal with harassers like I did during the last days than changing the boards structure. :o)

Sunday, July 20th 2003, 12:44am

I might be an idea to have an ADMIN-message at the boards, explaining what this sim is about, that it is closed to participants, etc. - I believe there is no such message existing to date. It needn't be at all the boards, but it probably shouold be at the Meeting Place, and the Weapons of War boards, if we go for such a message. With the forum called Wesworld, it would probably be best if the message is posted by Wes.

Sunday, July 20th 2003, 1:33am

well

Sounds good I'll post them soon in the threads pengolodh suggested.