You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 12th 2008, 6:49am

Romanian News 1936

January 10th

News out of Romania today, indicates that Romania is beginning to expand their home armament production, in order to cut their reliance on foreign orders. Two new factories have begun construction today, one for aircraft, and one for tanks. The aircraft facility was funded jointly by IAR, and PZL, and will produce around 100 aircraft a year. The tank facility, was funded entirely by the Romanian government, and will also produce 100 tanks a year. Both facilities will take around a year to build and be up and running.

But that isn't even the biggest news. It seems that the Romanian goverment has purchased all the land around the two facilities, and depending on the international situation, is planning on building an even larger facility near each, capable of building 500 planes and 500 tanks a year, an increase of 5 times . However, the Romanian government, will of course be judging the international situation accordingly. These projects, along with even more secret small arms and artillery factories, will most likely not be up and running until the early 1940s at the earliest.

In these two plants, the new IAR 80 fighters airframes, will be built, while in the new tank facility, a licenced copy of 7TPjw Polish tank will be produced, to be called the R6. Once Romania gains some experience with tank design, expect changes to be made to the basic design to differeniate it from the Polish tanks.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Sep 13th 2008, 10:14am)

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 10:02pm

January 15th

The government of Octavian Goga has fallen today, the victim of an attempt by its leader to pass anti-Semitic laws through the Romanian Chamber of Deputies. Though not as yet confirmed, Mr. Ion G. Duca, head of the National Liberal Party is expected to take over the Prime Ministers job, until elections can be called this upcoming summer. Mr. Duca, who was very much opposed to the Polish adventure in Lithuania, is supposed to be very much in favour of the idea of a "Little Entente" in the centre of Europe, comprised of certain central European nations, to act as a deterrant for certain larger European powers.

Monday, May 26th 2008, 10:55pm

January 17th

Mr. Ion G. Duca, head of the National Liberal Party of Romania, has been appointed Prime Minister by King Carol for the coming months, until elections can be held this upcoming summer.

Tuesday, May 27th 2008, 2:21am

January 20th

The Royal Romanian Airforce, has released figures its projected orders for the year 1936. Over 250 aircraft have been purchased from foreign suppliers, making the FARR one of the largest in the Balkan region. When asked about the large number of types being ordered (6) the Minister of Defence, Mr. Ion Antonescu commented that "while it may prove difficult to coordinate the different styles of aircraft, it does give us an idea as to what other nations are doing, and will aid us in developing our own homegrown industry." Below are the figures.

54 Eclipse Typhoons
72 Eclipse Hurricanes
18 Gothia Type 105s
17+ 30 (1) Gothia Type 107s
18 Gothia Type 108s
24 Junkers Ju-87T
24 BFW Bf-110 B-1
24 IAR 23 (2)

In addition, the IAR 80 fighter comes into service this year, with foreign orders already coming in. As well, the licence built PZL 11b, and IAR 79 will continue production into this year, with the PZL 11b being renamed the IAR 11b.

(1) 17 ordered from Gothia, with the licence to build 30 more, to replace the Avia BH-33.

(2) 24 of the new PZL P.23 Karas, to be built in Poland for Romania, but designated as IAR aircraft.

OOC: Vukovlad, could u send me a PM with the order number of the Type 108s? Ive lost the original, and forgotten the number I ordered.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (May 27th 2008, 12:18pm)

Tuesday, May 27th 2008, 3:02am

OOC: Nit pick the FARR were P.11b and f

Tuesday, May 27th 2008, 3:10am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
January 20th

The Royal Romanian Airforce, has released figures its projected orders for the year 1936. Over 250 aircraft have been purchased from foreign suppliers, making the FARR one of the largest in the Balkan region. When asked about the large number of types being ordered (6) the Minister of Defence, Mr. Ion Antonescu commented that "while it may prove difficult to coordinate the different styles of aircraft, it does give us an idea as to what other nations are doing, and will aid us in developing our own homegrown industry." Below are the figures.

54 Eclipse Typhoons
72 Eclipse Hurricanes
18 Gothia Type 105s
17+ 30 (1) Gothia Type 107s
?? Gothia Type 108s
24 Junkers Ju-87T
24 Messerschmitt Bf-110 B-1
24 IAR 23 (2)

In addition, the IAR 80 fighter comes into service this year, with foreign orders already coming in. As well, the licence built PZL 11c, and IAR 79 will continue production into this year, with the PZL 11c being renamed the IAR 11c.

(1) 17 ordered from Gothia, with the licence to build 30 more, to replace the Avia BH-33.

(2) 24 of the new PZL P.23 Karas, to be built in Poland for Romania, but designated as IAR aircraft.

OOC: Vukovlad, could u send me a PM with the order number of the Type 108s? Ive lost the original, and forgotten the number I ordered.

Just a note: so far, BFW has not been renamed to Messerschmitt. That might, or might not, happen in the future, we'll have to wait and see.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (May 27th 2008, 12:48pm)

Tuesday, May 27th 2008, 3:17am

Clarification - is Romania *ordering* 250 new planes in 1936?

Tuesday, May 27th 2008, 12:31pm

Er yes we are. Although over half are from Eclipse, and because Tanthalas is in limbo right now, I may not even get those planes.

Also, although all the Eclipse planes will be new squadrons, as well as the 105s, the 107s, the 108s, and the IAR 23s will be replacing older units (the Avia BH-33, and Breguet 19s respectavely). The German units are the beginning squadrons of the Royal Romanian Naval Service, a land based Naval Aviation branch, which is not part of the FARR, but falls under the jurisdiction of the Romanian Navy.

Once IAR gets its new fighter in production, and begins expanding its factories for production, foreign orders will be much less, around 100 a year, if that. Im aiming for 600 to 800 modern aircraft by 1940. Seeing as aircraft in this period reach obsolescent in 3 to 5 years, Romania has too keep up somehow. Is 600 to 800 aircraft too much?

Tuesday, May 27th 2008, 4:39pm

No, I think that's about the right number, if ambitious. I was just asking for clarification.

Saturday, June 14th 2008, 6:18am

February 5th

IAR has received an order from its PZL partner for a design for a liquid cooled interceptor fighter, capable of over 500 km/h, and armed with an armament capable of destroying current bombers (its going to be the historic PZL P.56). This is to be the beginning of the partnership between the two companies, where IAR designs the fighters for the Polish and Romanian markets, and PZL designs the bombers.

Monday, June 16th 2008, 10:25pm

March 25th

News out of Bucharest today, indicates that Romania wishes to improve the defence of its oil refineries, in the Ploesti region. The Department of Defence, has sent out a team with orders to make some recomendations on how the aerial defences of the Ploesti oilfields and refineries can be improved. The report is expected to take 2 months, and will recommend whatever measures are necessary to defend the Ploesti oilfields and refineries from air attack.

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 1:58am

April 5th

Cabinet Meeting

All proceedings classified.

Foreign Minister Nicolae Titulescu: The recent crisis in Lithuania has shown how fragile our alliance with the Poles and Yugoslavs is. While we seem to have gotten through the recent crisis still intact, the fact remains that should either of our two allies decide to embark on foreign adventures again, it would be in our best interests to remain neutral. However, such a policy would no doubt lead to the breaking up of our alliance with Poland and Yugoslavia. I have therefore instructed our diplomatic corps to prepare a report on each of the four main regional European alliances, our current relations with them, and our chance of becoming allies with each of them.

OOC: Dont mind me I like doing this sort of thing.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Jun 25th 2008, 1:59am)

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 3:05am

Should prove interesting.

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 8:24am

Yes, well im writing on FAR first, so expect some nicey nice things about France and Atlantis, and some anti-Russia bashing.

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 8:51am

France/Atlantis/Russian Alliance

Most likely the most powerful of all the current European alliances, France, Atlantis, and Russia all have powerful fleets, and large armies. All three have had good relations with us in years past, and were allies with us in the Great War. France, we currently have good to fair relations with, which although cooled somewhat during the Lithuanian Crisis, efforts made to redeem ourselves in the eyes of the international community have met with French approval. The same can be said about Atlantis, which was our most vocal opponent in the League of Nations debate, however relations between our two nations seem to have normalized. However, the same cannot be said of Russia, which is a nation bent on uniting all Slavic nations under one banner, hers. (1) This was clearly shown during the Lithuanian crisis, when Russian aggression against Poland and therefore a Romanian declaration of war against Russia was only averted by cooler heads, and the fact that sending 22 Romanian divisions, and about 300 aircraft against 1,000 Russian divisions, and 50,000 aircraft would be to put it mildly, suicidal. (2) Their interest in amphibious attacks against our shores, is another clear insight into their pursuit of domination of the Balkan peninsula, which is contrary to what Romania would currently wish. However, a sure diplomatic coup, would be to attempt to sign non-aggression, pacts with the French, and Atlanteans, which would hopefully keep these nations from supporting any Russian attempt at domination of Eastern Europe. Adding to all of this, while Romania has attempted to make amends for her support of Poland in the recent crisis, Atlantis and to a lesser extent France have recognized this, while Russia has not.
It should be noted, that Romania would not mind being in an alliance with France, and Atlantis, and would even specify that any alliance she enters into, would not have Romanian support for any aggressive moves upon these two nations.

(1) Warning, here is where the rant starts.
(2) Romanian intelligence is just a bit off on these figures.

OOC: yes, it’s a bit much, but those people who think so don’t have the Russians as their next door neighbour.

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 9:20am

Meanwhile, in Sofia

Tsar Boris: "Have you seen these reports from Romania?"
PM: "Yes. I didn't know the Romanians thought they were a Slavic people."
Tsar: "Neither did I. Apparently I missed the whole Pan-slavic bent of Russia as well."
PM: "Aren't we Slavs?"
Tsar: "As you know, Bob, Bulgarians and Yugoslavians comprise the South Slavic group.
PM: "Have the Russians tried to unite with us?"
Tsar: "No. In fact, the Russians supported our independence against the Ottomans! That was even under the leadership of the Russian Empire, and the Russian Tsars, which despite the similarity in our titles, I am not related to!"
PM: "Didn't your father come from Germany?"
Tsar: "Ja! But my wife is Italian, as you know, and I am related to the Romanian monarch."
PM: "Fascinating. So do you think we should remind the Romanians that they aren't Slavic?"
Tsar: "No. It's more entertaining like this, I think."

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 9:50am

Considering, its still part of the Cabinent meeting, and is classified info, im surprised the Bulgarians have the report.

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 9:53am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Considering, its still part of the Cabinent meeting, and is classified info, im surprised the Bulgarians have the report.

Anything posted in public may be commented on in OOC, even in mocking OC-like OOCness.

My word, it's 3AM!

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 10:07am

Yes, however, don't rule out Romania wishing to ally with FAR. While the report is very anti-Russian bashing, the Russians won in the Lithuanian Crisis, and we lost, and the Romanians need some way of getting revenge, even if its spiteful talking. :D The report is what Romania would do right now. Things may change from now until PRJ breaks up.

4 AM here. Oh the joys of working nights.

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 11:01am

Ah, a fellow gravyards worker huh? You know I acctually sleep better during the day, as odd as that sounds.