You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 24th 2013, 12:13pm

Beijing Newspaper Q4/1943 - Chinese news and events - October / November / December

Hepu Air Force Base (testing ground for new aircrafts of the chinese airforce), 5th October 1943

Officials of the Defence Ministry and the Air Force inspected the last tests of the X-PO fighter of the China Aviation Industry Corporation (CAICO). After weeks of intensive ground and flight tests today will be the decision, whether this aircraft will be released for serial production or not. Regardless of the decision, preparations was made at CAICO to already start serial production - thus an immediate start of production is possible.

Wednesday, September 25th 2013, 5:14pm

11th October

In the early morning of 11th October the HICMS Zhuhai docked with topped flags at Zhanjiang harbor. An immense crowd urging on the quay and cheered to the "heroes of the antarctic". When the ships laid on the quay, the leader of the expedition, Zhanhai Zhang, reported the return of the expedition to the chinese premier Chiang Kai-Chek. Thunderous applause accompanied the ceremony.

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 12:00pm

15th October
In a solemn ceremony, the last four submarines of the S-Class are decommissioned. The very aged submarines will also be scrapped as the other boats of this class.

18th October
The two coastal defense ships of the ringhorn class, which the chinese navy has acquired from South Africa, docked in Shanghai. The two ships represent a further strengthening of coastal defenses and should be taken in a very short time into the service of chinese navy.

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 2:25pm

Hmm. This is an interesting development. Delivery of warships during time of war. Duly noted.

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 2:49pm

21th October
The Beijing crash took place when an Air China flight from Beijing to Chengchow crashed shortly after takeoff. All 10 passengers and 3 crew members were killed. Poor visibility and malfunctioning instrument in the cockpit led the pilots to lose control. The Shennong "Dragonfly" aircraft was damaged beyond repair.

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 3:14pm

Quoted

Hmm. This is an interesting development. Delivery of warships during time of war. Duly noted.

Well, we all know that the South Africans are impartial, not neutral. :)

Quoted

Poor visibility and malfunctioning instrument in the cockpit led the pilots to lose control.

Hmmm... sabotage?

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 2:39pm

02th November
At Tai-pei the China Exposition is opened. In this exhibition, the chinese empire presents itself as a country which has evolved through the ages from a pure peasant state to a middle economic power.

[size=1]Promotional poster of the exhibition[/size]

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 3:05pm

Somehow I do not see that many international visitors choosing to venture into a zone of conflict; but then, I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 3:25pm

Quoted

Somehow I do not see that many international visitors choosing to venture into a zone of conflict; but then, I could be wrong.

1.000.000 Chosenian soldiers are eager to attend.

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 4:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos

Quoted

Somehow I do not see that many international visitors choosing to venture into a zone of conflict; but then, I could be wrong.

1.000.000 Chosenian soldiers are eager to attend.

And if they walk upon each others shoulders, one or two of them might be able to make it. :P

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 5:07pm

Now playing in French cinemas: Korean Acrobats Take on Tai-Pei, a comedic film about four Korean soldiers posing as Chinese acrobats who are attempting to crash the China Exhibition.

Monday, October 14th 2013, 12:18pm

12th November
The first production batch of the ST-205 is delivered to the Chinese Air Force. With the two variants ST-205H and ST-205K the South China Sea can be better observed. With the ST-205S, the Navy will also receive an excellent strike aircraft.

Tuesday, October 22nd 2013, 4:31pm

15th November
The first chinese helicopters CHU-1 ordered by the Defence Ministry has been delivered to the Test Site to commence evaluation and trials.

Chu-1:

Rotordiameter: 7,62 m
Width: 2,34 m
Height: 2.63 m
Empty Weight: 590 kg
Max Weight: 726 kg
Cruise Speed: 112 km/h
Max Speed: 136 km/h
Rate of Climb: 140 m/min
Ceiling: 910 m
Range: 219 km
Engine: Huang Po-A-1 with 92 kW
Crew: 1 men

[size=1]One of the 5 prototypes of the Chu-1[/size]

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 10:24am

22th November
Captain Tang Lai Ming stood in front of the aircraft that he should fly. She looked uncouth. In no way comparable to the elegant lines of the ST-205 which he had already been tested and which is now been produced for the air force in numerous numbers. Somehow he had the feeling, that he have seen the plane before. Then it occurred to him. It must have been at the beginning of the year, when he had seen the aircraft at the test site of the Hepu Air Force Base. Clearly, now he could remember the triple fin again. Well, let's see how this bird fly, he thought, and climbed up the ladder onto the aircraft.

"We have tested the aircraft extensively over the past 6 months. Today's final test should us provide informations - whether the bird goes into series production or not." the General said to Ming Tang.

As he became familiar with the cockpit, he walk mentally through the key data .... maximum take-off weight nearly 8 tons .... Range about 1500 km .... Speed nearly 400 km/h .... weaponload sounds good .... 2x 37mm cannons and 5 attachment points for bombs ..... looks like a good Ground Attack Aircraft ... he thought ....

Wednesday, January 15th 2014, 2:35pm

25th November
After extensive final testing now the leadership of the chinese airforce gave the release for the serial production of the chinese ground attack aircraft " Háozhú (porcupine)". The aircraft is manufactured at the plants from Guizhou Aviation Industry.

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 10:44am

08th December
The expedition for exploring the Taklamakan Dessert under the lead of Li Daoyuan, established its base camp in Hodjr To close to the mongolian border. From here, a first trip to the monastery Belimiao in Halloun Ossu will be done.

Thursday, February 13th 2014, 1:34pm

12th December
EWIL delivers it's new improved version of the EW-301, the HG (heavy ground attack) to the Chinese Air Force. Instead of the glassy nose it's now closed and is now equipped with two EWIL-2000 radial engines (copy of Nakajima NK9K-Lu Homare 2) radial engines with 2000hp.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 4:45pm

14th December
5 prototypes of the Chinese helicopter CHU-2V2 are delivered to the Hepu Air Force Base and there subjected to various tests. The Chu-2V2 is an improved variant of Chu-1. As well as the CHU-1, the successor is again a coaxial driven helicopter.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 5:12pm

One thing I missed... With the war going on, it is unlikely that EWIL's China branch would have access to Nakajima engines or parts so I wonder if it is wise to put them in there.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 5:21pm

One thing I missed... With the war going on, it is unlikely that EWIL's China branch would have access to Nakajima engines or parts so I wonder if it is wise to put them in there.

Sure if war is going on, EWIL's China branch won't use original Nakajima engines, but a copy of them, because the engines will be produced local in the chinese branch. I will modify it .