You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 10:06pm

Next War?

Excluding the announced Yugoslav war, what do you think will be the next armed conflict?

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 10:13pm

I advise not poking Canada with a stick.

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 10:53pm

RE: Next War?

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Excluding the announced Yugoslav war, what do you think will be the next armed conflict?

SAE vs. India?

:P

No idea, but I bet Foxy will be involved. I have nothing on tap aside from these harebrained ideas for the Great Southern Fish War, and the sequel: "Great Southern Fish War, Squid vs. Whale".

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 10:59pm

Hmm, Fish war you say... That could actually be interesting a lowintensty war over fishing grounds

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 11:23pm

I do believe I've just come up with a way to start another world war.

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 11:40pm

The Canadian war hegemony? :D

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 11:48pm

I took it to mean he's invading the USA
:)

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 11:52pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
I took it to mean he's invading the USA
:)

No. At best, that'd get a US/UK smackdown brewing, but I doubt it. I have far grander thoughts in motion...

Kaiser Kirk

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 11:57pm

So your tunnel to China is nearly complete?

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 12:12am

Quoted

Hmm, Fish war you say... That could actually be interesting a lowintensty war over fishing grounds

Yes, like the Britain-Iceland "Cod Wars" of the post WWII period.

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 12:31am

Yep, thats the one I was thinking of but was fish too plentiful in the 30´s for that to happen?

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 1:20am

Quoted

Yep, thats the one I was thinking of but was fish too plentiful in the 30´s for that to happen?

Well, allegedly there was some scuffle right before WWI broke out between some Danish gunboats around Iceland, and some British trawlers.

I expect such a conflict would have to run along the idea of one country proclaiming an Exclusive Economic Zone and other countries saying "Nuh-uh!"

Monday, November 9th 2009, 11:30pm

Let's see: there's always the chance of a Czech-German war, or the Belgians could attack one of their neighbors, or the Rumanians could attack Hungary, or Iberia could invade the Florida Keys, or .....

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, November 9th 2009, 11:33pm

RE: Next War?

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

SAE vs. India?

:P

Well, why not? The SAE already holds a tiny little spot near the town of Alleppey which could be used as a beachhead. Now that the SAE is rapidly building up her amphibious contingent.... ;o)

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 5:39am

Mwuhahahahhahahhahahah!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Desertfox" (Nov 10th 2009, 5:41am)

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 5:45am

You don't run Brazil. Knock that off.

Kaiser Kirk

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 6:07am

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Let's see: there's always the chance of a Czech-German war, or the Belgians could attack one of their neighbors, or the Rumanians could attack Hungary, or Iberia could invade the Florida Keys, or .....

Lets run down the Belgian war options
Belgium- German...not good.
Belgium-France..at least it would be quick
Belgium- UK...well we have a moat.
Belgium-Netherlands....close...not likely though
Belgium-Luxembourg....now we're talking !

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 7:01am

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson

Lets run down the Belgian war options
Belgium- German...not good.
Belgium-France..at least it would be quick
Belgium- UK...well we have a moat.
Belgium-Netherlands....close...not likely though
Belgium-Luxembourg....now we're talking !

One time when we were discussing scripting wars, I think... actually, I think it was you that suggested the idea of randomly generating two parties for a war, then having the players script things... well, the two matchups that immediately popped into my head were: Ireland vs. Pacifica and Ireland vs. Belgium. Heh, Belgium's pretty much the only European continental power the Irish would stand a chance at repelling on their own! :P

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 7:31am

Speaking of random events...

Years ago there was somebody on the warships1 board who did some kind of BBvsBB tournament. By dice he decided which pair would battle and played it before making some funny reports froms it. Some matches where funny (Mikasa versus Iowa, IIRC) and others really evenly matched. Surviving units made it into round two.

Because his game rules allowed for Golden Twinkies some results were quite surprising.... Sadly he never finished the whole thing.

Probably this is an idea for those of you with enough time and some naval battle rules at hand. ;o)

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 7:47am

And if you dont have rules at hand these could be useful

http://www.seekrieg.com/Seekrieg4DownloadPage1.htm