You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 8:32pm

Peruvian cruiser Quechua class

SIM by the German player of Wesworld, Thanks :D

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 8:47pm

8o 8o Sweet googly-moogly, what a... drop-dead sexy cruiser! 8o 8o

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 8:53pm

THANKS you so much!!! :) :) :)

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 9:02pm

Wow, it is a sexy beast!

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 11:39pm

It DOES look nice.

A few corrections, though: the 10.5cm mountings are 65 cailber guns, in enclosed mounts; the quad 20mms are mounted in a 2 x 2 square (they're Flakvierlings, after all); and it looks like 1 bank of torpedoes is missing.

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 12:20am

Shiny. Those main guns seem kinda tiny, tho.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 12:59am

Nice drawing. :o)

I agree - the main gun turrets look a bit small and somehow one has to get used to A mount being quite close to the bow but otherwise it´s fine and bristling with details....

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 2:48am

OOC: I agree, a VERY sexy looking cruiser. Nice job Alvama!

IC: Colombia is quietly seeking a counter design from its FAR allies.

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 2:54am

Heh, a counter design to what? As far as I've heard, the Peruvians haven't decided on a new cruiser design of any sort.....

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 3:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
IC: Colombia is quietly seeking a counter design from its FAR allies.

The ASMAR representative to Colombia plops the initial designs for Proyecto-G/Magellanes on the desk of the Colombian C-in-C...

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 4:17am

The Mexicans mention the word Villa ...

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 7:46am

While the Brazilians point out that although not officially a member of FAR, they do have good relations with the majority of its members, and quietly point to their Almirante Saldanha cruiser design which has slightly more armour, same main armament, same speed, bigger secondaries although there are 4 less, all for 700 tons more than the German design. To be honest, we could probably tweak our design to match the German one.

Btw, very nice picture Alvama, I only wish I had the ability.

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 11:28am

Another great drawing.
I like the way she looks similar to the Argentine General Belgrano class, you can see the HDW lineage between the two designs.

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 12:16pm

Very nice drawing 8)

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 1:21pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Heh, a counter design to what? As far as I've heard, the Peruvians haven't decided on a new cruiser design of any sort.....

Knowing how eager to sell the Germans are, Colombia would expect the design to be similar to the Argentine General Belgrano design.

Colombia allready has several preposals as it will soon need cruisers to run with both the rebuilt Rio's and the BB Independante.
Cost will be an issue so while the Villa's may be appealing Colombia may have to drop down the list abit.

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 4:01pm

Thanks!!!

Modfieds I've done.

1: greater 15cm and enclosed. A turret and B turret placed more backwards.

2: Modfied 20mm guns.

3: Add a bank TT's more.

4: Minor errors.

Any more stuff to be corrected?

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 4:07pm

The 10.5cm guns seem to still be mounted in open, though shielded, mountings, and the barrels look a bit short for 65 caliber weapons. I'm also not seeing any difference in the 20mm mountings.

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 4:25pm

The 15cm are just the same length as the German SK .C/25 15cm from the Leipzig. About the 20mm whish does you mean then? Could you give me a red arrow? :(

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 4:29pm

The main battery gun turrets look fine, it's the secondary/heavy AA guns that should be in enclosed mountings and may need longer barrels.

The 20mm guns look like they're in mountings with 4 barrels stacked vertically, like on the quad .50 Vickers on various British vessels. They should be arranged in 2 stacks of 2 barrels, like the historical 2cm Flakvierling mounting (which is what they are).

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 4:31pm

Sorry bad it'll be modfied I agree!