You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 26th 2016, 10:15am

Beijing Newspaper Q3/1946 - Chinese news and events - July / August / September

04. July 1946; Chengchow Airport

Air China gets his first Ilyushin Il-12 delivered. With this new aircraft the route network will be expanded, the airline published." We are very happy that we were able to acquire this type of aircraft of the Russian Federation ", said the CEO and Owner of Air China S. H. Chen in an interview. His airline has a total purchasing order of 10 Il-12. The remaining aircrafts will be delivered during the next months.

Friday, February 26th 2016, 10:44am

17. July 1946; Autonomous Province Tibet

A chinese expedition, led by Miao Ruilin, leaves Xigaze towards the area around the Mount Everest. The object of the expedition is the exact geological surveying, mapping of the area and a first exploration of possible ascent routes.

Friday, February 26th 2016, 2:03pm

22. July 1946; Kiangnan Dock & Engineering Works at Shanghai

In a solemn ceremony, Prof. Yu Zhigang, President of the OUC (Ocean University of China) put the new research vessel of the chinese navy, the Xue Long , into service. The ship should sail under geoscientific projects over all oceans, but will be used, due to the geographical situation of China, mainly in the Pacific and Indian Ocean.

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 11:16am

28. July 1946; Tjianjin Navy Base

With the commissioning of three new light cruisers HICMS Sichuan, HICMS Suiyuan and HICMS Songjiang the old cruisers of the Wenshan class, the HICMS Xinghi, HICMS Hainan and HICMS Lienyun will be decommissioned at the same time. So should gradually take place a modernization of the Chinese fleet. The three old cruisers will be assumed until further notice to the reserve fleet.

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 5:01pm

07. August 1946; CAICO Test Site ; near Loiwing

The Defence Ministry has released details of the design of the new CAICO Long-range interceptor aircraft that has been under development for the Chinese Air Force over the course of the past several years. A spokesman for the Ministry indicated that a prototype of the aircraft is expected to fly sometime end of the year, though no date for such was given at this time.

While one prototype will be fitted with conventional radial engines, it is planned to equip another prototype with african turbojet engines. Thus, the jet age will be launched in China.

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 5:22pm

Quoted

The object of the expedition is the exact geological surveying, mapping of the area and a first exploration of possible ascent routes.

Now I have been thinking about this...

the British had various expeditions into Tibet in order to climbs Everest so I would assume that they already would have looked at various possible ascent routes on the Chinese side of Everest and, if Mallory and Irvine actually reached the top of Everest during 1924 expedition (and while no definitive proof exists, there is a reasonable chance that they reached the top), the British would have found one as well (though not aware of it since Mallory and Irvine never made it back).

Would it not be better to work with the British data and narrow it down to a few of the most promising routes to get to the top instead of wasting lots of time and come up with the same results as the British did over 20 years ago?

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 5:44pm

07. August 1946; CAICO Test Site ; near Loiwing

The Defence Ministry has released details of the design of the new CAICO Long-range interceptor aircraft that has been under development for the Chinese Air Force over the course of the past several years. A spokesman for the Ministry indicated that a prototype of the aircraft is expected to fly sometime end of the year, though no date for such was given at this time.

While one prototype will be fitted with conventional radial engines, it is planned to equip another prototype with african turbojet engines. Thus, the jet age will be launched in China.

I look forward to seeing the details of the aircraft in question.

Tuesday, March 8th 2016, 10:11am

14. August 1946; Shanghai Telegraph

SINOPEC (China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation) has placed orders at the Shanghai shipyards for construction of some oil tankers for delivery in 1947-48. These ships will be the largest crude oil transporting ships of the company, for travelling from the Middle East to refineries here for the subsidiary company of Sinopec - Shanghai Petrochemical.

Wednesday, March 9th 2016, 4:24pm

14.August 1946; 13 dgs 54 min North - 144 dgs 58 min East, aboard the Eurasia Aviation Ship MS Dongkeng

Liu Yanping went out to get some fresh air. It was a beautiful morning; the sunrise had enlighten the clouds like cotton balls briefly in light pink. The ship of the Eurasia airline, the MS Dongkeng, swayed gently in the waves, waiting for the arrival of the weekly Trans Asia flying boat. While the flight boats flying over the ocean, on board of the ships of the Eurasia airline the normal business continues. The ship crew was busy with all sorts of tasks. It started with baking bread and slaughtering the pigs and calves, went on with repair, cleaning and preservation tasks and ends with the bureaucratic work. This includes the radio operator, as Liu Yanping, with their service around the clock. They made the air traffic control, served as hub for the meteorologists and were the telegraph office. In short, they were connected to the outside world and thus they were irreplaceable.

Wednesday, March 9th 2016, 5:36pm

Speaking OOC, what is the route taken by Eurasia Airlines across the Pacific? Inquiring minds are curious.
:D

Wednesday, March 9th 2016, 5:59pm

The mentioned herein connection is the Trans Asia Airways - Route from Kaohsiung to Guam (Pacifica) and continuing to Tarawa (Pacifica). The route is served by flying boats of Transasia or Eurasia. Therefore the catapult ships of the Eurasia Corporation are at anchor at Guam and Tarawa.

Wednesday, March 9th 2016, 6:13pm

The mentioned herein connection is the Trans Asia Airways - Route from Kaohsiung to Guam (Pacifica) and continuing to Tarawa (Pacifica). The route is served by flying boats of Transasia or Eurasia. Therefore the catapult ships of the Eurasia Corporation are at anchor at Guam and Tarawa.

I see; thank you for the clarification. I honestly cannot see the economic viability of such a service, but it is perhaps of benefit to the Government of Pacifica.

Wednesday, March 9th 2016, 7:00pm

The Rice and Coconut line. Some fish might be flying around as well. :)

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 11:14am

17. August 1946; Harbin Newspaper
After constructing of numerous aircrafts the Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation at Harbin completed its last example of the outdated Harbin 35-B Flightboat. The production line will undergo retooling to engage in production of the new Harbin 47 Flightboat, which will start at the end of the year.

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 12:22pm

23. August 1946; Autonomous Province Tibet

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 5:12pm

While working on some of my own news, I was thinking about Everest some more. Rocky never indicated which side the joint Bharati-British team scaled, but considering that for a long time "Nepal was a 'forbidden country' for westerners" (from wiki) and OTL only opened up in the late 1940s, it seems to me that, with the inclusion of the British in the team, it would mean that they must have scaled the Northside in the 1946 expedition... I do not see why Wesworld Nepal 'forbidden' status would or should be different from OTL...

Also with the "Nepal was a 'forbidden country' for westerners", it would mean that the "we crossed paths in Nepal with our British counterparts" event mentioned in India's 9 September 1945 news (and which seems to have happened prior to 1944) could never have taken place in Nepal as the British would not have been allowed in Nepal at the time of the meeting.

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 5:32pm

While working on some of my own news, I was thinking about Everest some more. Rocky never indicated which side the joint Bharati-British team scaled, but considering that for a long time "Nepal was a 'forbidden country' for westerners" (from wiki) and OTL only opened up in the late 1940s, it seems to me that, with the inclusion of the British in the team, it would mean that they must have scaled the Northside in the 1946 expedition... I do not see why Wesworld Nepal 'forbidden' status would or should be different from OTL...

Also with the "Nepal was a 'forbidden country' for westerners", it would mean that the "we crossed paths in Nepal with our British counterparts" event mentioned in India's 9 September 1945 news (and which seems to have happened prior to 1944) could never have taken place in Nepal as the British would not have been allowed in Nepal at the time of the meeting.

I have to agree. Why should the status of Nepal differ from the OTL status ?? There is no reason, so also in my eyes Nepal is a "forbidden country for westerners". Additionally there is the question how do they come to the Northside ???? There was no inquiry that a joint Bharat/British team can climb up from the chinese side. Whether this permission had been given, is another question. So in my eyes it is all propaganda.

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 6:06pm

Quoted

Additionally there is the question how do they come to the Northside ???? There was no inquiry that a joint Bharat/British team can climb up from the chinese side. Whether this permission had been given, is another question.

Well, they get to it after receiving permission from the Dalai Lama I guess.

From the 1924 expedition article on wiki:

Quoted

Going to the north side was politically complex: it required the persistent intervention of the British-Indian government with the Dalai Lama regime in Tibet to allow British expedition activities.

Guess it is time for China to deal with the troublesome Dalai Lama who lets in all those foreigners. :D

The thing is that to me looking at the evidence, it should be no problem at all for the Bharati to get into Nepal and climb Everest or for the Japanese team to get into nepal. Even the Chinese could do that since they are not westerners (and if planned correctly they could be the first to climb Everest from both sides). But the British? No. The French? No. The Germans? No. The United Staters? No. The Italians? No. The Iberians? No.

I used the search with "Nepal" and could not find any change to the "'forbidden country' for westerners" status of Nepal anywhere in the news. Considering that it would be something quite significant, affecting the numerous western nations, it really must be something that is mentioned in the news for it to be true. Same as Antarctica which has zones that are claimed by numerous nations, but not necessarily accepted by other nations. Numerous based popped out of nowhere without ever having been mentioned in the news as being built or having been built or even being taken into operation therefore I do not accept the existence of those bases just because someone suddenly says it's there (and I am looking at those Atlantean bases when I type this as well as Brock, who suddenly mentioned the existence of a base near the South Pole that was never mentioned before in the news and thus ruined my news ideas).

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 6:56pm

Just to clarify the situation and make things absolutely clear...

Germany has no ambitions to send a expedition to scale Mount Everest, or any other peak in the Himalayas.

Germany has not established any bases or scientific stations in the Antarctic - to date. Should we do so at any time in the future it will be thoroughly documented in the German News (to the delight of all concerned.) Discount all those tabloid stories of Neuschwabenland and flying saucers. 8)

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 7:21pm

Rocky was the author of the Bharat-UK expeditions and he looked into the background research, so maybe he has the answers to the Nepal issue.
Really I'm not going to loose any sleep over it, all kinds of odd stuff has happened in WW and who knows what must have happened and what might have happened given the differences in our timeline to OTL.