You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 27th 2004, 5:28pm

Question for you non-players out there...

Just curious - there are more folks on Wesworld than just those of us playing at it, but we rarely hear from you.

So I'm just curious:

What brings you back?

What do you like or not like?

Have you got a "most favored nation"?

What would you like to see happen, or liked to have seen happen differently?

J

Sunday, September 19th 2004, 7:27pm

It is different

Well, I tend to like Alternate History.

I do have a question on other nations that are not playing at the moment.

China (best guess like historical, they don't have much of a navy)
Brazil (had a few battleships)

Actually Brazil and the rest of South Amercia is a question I have. What are the South American nations doing in Wesworld?

The hostility between Brazil and the other nations should not exist like it did in out history as all of these nations should have been settled (conquered) by Iberia. This, in theory, would allow for a union between all the remaining South American Nations, as they all have Iberian pasts without the Spanish/Porteguese national hostility. Plus there are "invaders" if one checks the map. The SAE would be a prime concern for a combined South America, as would Iberia, and Altantis.

Alt-naval's Hispanic Federation comes to mind, but without Spain, and with new developments, the resulting confederacy would be different.

I've not found a Thread on South America yet, so I'm asking here.

Any thoughts from the players?

Sunday, September 19th 2004, 9:04pm

Quoted

Well, I tend to like Alternate History.

Good to hear. I (though I guess I should say 'We') hope that you enjoy what we are doing here, perhaps get some weird ideas you can use.
As for the nations you mentioned. After I decided (and was alowed to play) Japan, I was thinking about playing China as well, just like Admiral K. is playing France and the Russian Federation. A great many times I still think that I should have done that (eventhough it would be hard to do it news-wise) because I think that (when looking at Jane's of WW1) China has truly an awesome navy. :-)
As for South America, as you probably have encountered, a conflict between Nordmark and an alliance of several South American nations existed, but unfortunately the player for Nordmark went missing (Hooman is trying to contact him) and that issue was never resolved (but hopefully it soon will be).

Sunday, September 19th 2004, 9:36pm

Atlantis Initially gained Venezuela as a result of Atlantian/Iberian conflicts in the 1700's. Subsequently Venezuela voluntarily joined the Atlantian confederation formed with other nations. The actual timeline for this still has to be cemented.

Sunday, September 19th 2004, 9:41pm

South America: After a dastardy and unprovoked regicide commited by the Argentinians, Nordmark went to war. Brazil, Bolivia, and I think Paraguay allied with the Argies. Just as things got cracking, the Nordmarkian player was abducted...

Details are in the 'News' forum, a ways down in there.

Sunday, September 19th 2004, 9:46pm

Quoted

Just as things got cracking, the Nordmarkian player was abducted...

Do we have a suspect, Sherlock Swamphen?

Sunday, September 19th 2004, 10:00pm

Quoted

Do we have a suspect, Sherlock Swamphen?

I think that the suspect is called "real-life"