You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 3:34pm

Holiday

For those in the countries that celebrate, I hope you have a meaningful Remembrance Day/Armistice Day/Memorial Day.

Remember the heroes, honor to them all.

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 4:52pm

Its Independence Day were I am.
Let no one forget the price of freedom

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 4:59pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Marek Gutkowski
Its Independence Day were I am.
Let no one forget the price of freedom

Then a joyful "Narodowe Swieto Niepodleglosci" to you, Marek!

[SIZE=1]Apologies, the forum doesn't have the proper software to carry the exact letters necessary for that...[/SIZE]

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 5:11pm

Today is a day when we should remember those who gave their today for our tommorrow.

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 2:25am

It's a funny time in Ireland.....

Over the last few years, as a result of the peace process in Northern Ireland (long may it continue!!); here in the South, the attitude towards the 2 world wars and the involvement of Irish troops in them has changed.

No longer are those who fought on Flanders Field considered to be traitors to the ideal of an independant Irish state as they were for many years.

No longer are the men of Eire who went to England to fight for freedom in WW2 considered to be traitors to Eire as they were for many years.

May the memory of the men and women that traded their lives that we may live ours, be remembered and honoured in the manner, and with the honour that they they are due.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Nov 12th 2008, 2:25am)