You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 12:10am

I´m back!

Hi guys!

Have I missed anything? :o)

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 12:21am

[JediMindTrick]No. You missed nothing. Move along.[/JediMindTrick]

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 12:37am

Acctually, jedi mind tricks aside, no you haven't missed much!!! Welcome back Hoo!

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 10:54am

Hooray.

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 2:01pm

Quoted

I´m back!

Excellent. When do we get our presents?

Just the usual here. Mysterious hijinks in Chilean waters, Swampy's rebuilding archeological relics, etc.

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 2:27pm

Quoted

Swampy's rebuilding archeological relics, etc.

The name's Jones. Dr. Luzon Jones, at your service.

:-)

HoOmAn

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 3:29pm

Ah, Dr. Jones.... Any problems with falling rocks, hidden pits full of snakes and scorpions lately?

Hmmm.... presents.... I knew I forgot something in my hotel room! Damn it!

(If somebody would please return to room 2322 in the Hacienda Hotel in El Segundo and get the little brown bag? Thanks....)

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 4:52pm

So, which of the things you had planned did you actually do in the end?

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 5:11pm

Welcome back.

Hijinks? Oh the Esmeralda ...that will come out in time.

On a side note: my grandmother informed me that she was planning a cruise for the family (I don't think it will happen this year due to either money or a lack of vacation hours), to Chile, Antartica, and Argentina. Since we are already going to Mexico on cruise, I doubt we could go for two in such a short period of time. But I figure that the Antartica cruise will be much more informative for me. Actual get to see some of the places I'm writting about. But I figure that will have to wait until next year...or really early in 2007, depending on when the cruise line repeats that trip.

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 5:27pm

That'd be cool. Just don't be alarming the locals with talk of scheming Filipinos or sneaky pirates.

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 5:45pm

Yes, who knows what will happen then!

HoOmAn

Friday, May 27th 2005, 3:37am

Of the things planned I did some, planned some others and had little luck on some...

I´ve been to San Diego and the local Naval Museum (http://www.sdmaritime.com/). However, the sailing trip planned on their Calidornian had to be cancelled a few minutes before departure because of technical problems. :o/
CV-41 Midway, also in San Diego, was nice from outside but we didn´t make it inside.... (and finally CV-71 was only visible from the other side of the bay....)

We did make it to the March Field Museum (http://www.marchfield.org/) which was a nice trip. It´s not such a huge museum (indoor space and permanent exibitions) but they really had some interesting planes there....

If also been to Long Beach (again) of course. Queen Mary´s still a beautiful lady....

Best trip however was the one to the Planes of Fame museum (http://www.planesoffame.org/) and the Air show they had there in Chino on the 21th. I had been in (make that crawling through) a B17 which was quite an experience and saw many other planes both on display and in the air. They also had some ground combat going on with old US tanks and German soldiers - SS, which actually made me think about the way Americans are dealing with history.... Anyway, it was a wonderful day.

A few more things were planned but at the beginning my friend was ill, then there were three days on the E3 which were quite interesting as well (BABES, folks. BABES!.....and computer games of course - make sure you get Pacific Storm when it will be available in Q1/06) and finally I became ill as well loosing the last three days somehow. :o/

Vanice, Santa Monica and Malibu are just to nice to be ignored so we also spend some time there.

To sum it up: It was worth the time and money.

Cheers,

HoOmAn

PS: Have I mentioned the PSP I bought? Nice handheld and available in Europe not before September....

Friday, May 27th 2005, 5:14am

Babes in California? Who woulda thunk it....... :-P

Friday, May 27th 2005, 6:14pm

Quoted

PS: Have I mentioned the PSP I bought? Nice handheld and available in Europe not before September....

I am still pondering if I should order one from Japan. The games may be completely in Japanese, but I prefer the Japanese Dialogue over the American Dialogue... and us Europeans can guarantee that all our games will have the American Dialogue. I'll have to check compatability of the games in the store first.
... I can always buy one when I am in Canada next month...

Saturday, May 28th 2005, 8:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn

Not if you know who to talk to, says the man from Sony!!

Saturday, May 28th 2005, 8:11pm

I guess you would know best, Mr. Retail Manager AKA Mr. Shop Slave.
:-)

Saturday, May 28th 2005, 8:18pm

well, this slave is getting time off for good behaviour next weeK!!!!!

Man, do I need a break!

Saturday, May 28th 2005, 8:23pm

That's a good thing to here. Relaxing and taking it easy...
I'm counting down as well. 19 days and counting... Once there, I'm off to visit the 'local' comic store (a walk of about 15 streets) and Kingsway Garden Mall (a walk of about 25 streets and 15 Avenues).
Need more DVDs and Music CDs!!

HoOmAn

Sunday, May 29th 2005, 5:15pm

Well, the PSP is nearly sold out in the USA. We searched quite a time until we found a Blockbuster (!) who still had some....

Sunday, May 29th 2005, 10:27pm

I'm waiting for Call of Duty 2 to come out this Christmas! Apparently the unveiling stunned the audience at the 360 press conferance. Looks like it has graphics similar to Halflife two, VERY lifelike.