You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 9:04am

Some minor real life issues.

As some of you may already know I've had some minor issues with my computer (which seems normal with this beast), but what some of you won't know is I'm in the middle of taking one of the biggest steps in anyones life, Buying a new home.

As Mac can likely attest to, its quite a busy and stressfull time so if I don't emidiately reply to some posts or lag behind slightly I apologise if it causes inconveinience.

Hopefully by the begining of April I'll be settled into my new condo, perhaps bald from pulling my own hair out and sticking to decaf so as to calm the nerves...

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 9:36am

Good luck! :)

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 9:51am

Well, at least you can go out and buy a new hat to celebrate and cover your bald spots!

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 11:15am

Heh, that's always a fun time. Though if you think buying a new house is an interesting time, try having one built for you..... :)

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 7:02pm

So I've been told, condo=stress, House=stressx10.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 7:11pm

Frankly, I didn't find it that bad, but other people seem to think its terrible. {shrug}

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 7:13pm

Being a first time buyer makes things seem harder, you don't know what to expect.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 7:37pm

Good luck. It's a big event for anybody.

That said - I'm not helping you pack when I show up to visit in a couple of weeks.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 7:40pm

Buying 'em isn't so bad

But moving reeaaallly sucks.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 8:04pm

Good Luck.

I'll be moving too in a few months.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 11:44pm

It's fairly stressful alright, but you just have to keep plugging on, and take time to get advice....we were shocked about all the fees and charges that are never mentioned before you sign on the dotted line!

And remember, it'll all be worth it in the end!

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, January 18th 2007, 1:42am

I bought a house a couple years ago. I had a good feel for the local market, had read one of those books on "how to buy a house" had my load pre-approved, etc. Went smoothly, the home inspector signed off, good previous owner, etc, though closing / insurance costs-like CG mentions- some of these were a bit more than I expected.

I'm quite pleased, especially as I watched prices in my area skyrocket out of my range afterwards.

May your experience be as good or better!!

Thursday, January 18th 2007, 6:39am

The funny thing is I'm mere blocks from a co-worker/freind's house and the area is still being developed which is promising.

Locations good, the veiw is amazing and all I can see is the entire north shore and its mountains.

The good news is my realtor is also a friend of mine who's purchased 4 condo's so he's got a good idea of whats involved. So far the various costs involved in buying a new home haven't snuck up on me....yet.
I do agree though, moving is not fun. I'm been lucky enough to live in my current apartment for 6 years, which makes moving somewhat hard.

Rocky, I'm not moving till March so you're safe...