You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, March 4th 2009, 11:17pm

WesWorld on Wiki?

Have you guys ever checked if WesWorld already made it into Wiki?

I just did.

German Wiki doesn´t know the term wesworld but the english wiki does. :o)

Well, actually there is no article about WesWorld (No volunteer to write it?) BUT there are two references. Looks like our friend Gavin here has made it... Just take a look on reference 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_submarine_Brin

The second reference just links to WesWorld without mentioning an author...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_battleship_Vasilissa_Olga

Have fun....

HoOmAn

Wednesday, March 4th 2009, 11:32pm

Haha, briliant, we're on Wiki! This just proves you can find ANYTHING there.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 12:07am

Well, actually it´s not really as if "we are" but probably one day....

(Hey you lurkers out there! No Wiki-Author among you folks?)

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 12:15am

Quoted

Well, actually there is no article about WesWorld (No volunteer to write it?) BUT there are two references. Looks like our friend Gavin here has made it... Just take a look on reference 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_submarine_Brin

My first referenced work and its complete nonsense! I don't know what the real answer is, but it's definitely not that.

I've been considering putting a note about WW up on wiki for alternate histories or some such but just never got around to it.

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 2:28am

Maybe we should!

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 2:39am

Someone will just hit it with a "Notability" tag. :P

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 9:40pm

On a related tangent with our other recent thread here, what about the possibility for a WesWorld2 Wiki? Something like that instead of an encyclopedia section on the forums.

(No, I don't know how to really host one or where to host it from, just floating the concept...)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 10:21pm

I find it interesting that folks are using wesworld ramblings as reference material. Should in fact serve as a warning. We happen to have a bunch of knowledgable folks, but there is a fair amount of fiction interwoven.

I know it was odd to be looking for something OTL- Belgian artillery I think, and find a google link to stuff I wrote here about a hypothetical varient. If somebody didn't know better they could mistake the stats of my wesworld version as 'real' and coming from some esoteric reference, when I believe the case is I just used a similar weapon's stats.