You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 25th 2011, 4:49pm

New chinese heavy armoured car

Due to the success of the Liébáo armoured car, the Nanjing Automobile Group get an design order to produce a supplement heavy armoured car.

In the chinese Army, armoured cars are intended for the traditional cavalry missions of reconnaissance and screening. They scout ahead of
mechanized units to assess enemy strength and location. Their primary role is to observe rather than fight enemy units, although they were
expected to fight enemy reconnaissance elements when required. The armour is designed to provide protection from small arms fire
and HE fragments; it is ineffective against heavier weapons. After the first unsuccessfull testings with a 15mm slightly sloped armor on the
front, 8mm on the sides, the armor was increased up to 30mm. However, it is not designed to provide protection from antitank weapons.

The standard armament is a 2cm TG 30 L/55 autocannon. It's based on the 2cm AA-gun and is capable of firing at a rate of 280 rounds per minute.
This cannon couldn't defeat enemy tanks, so there is another version designed with a 3,7cm gun which could penetrate and knock out most of the
armoured cars and light tanks. But using high explosive ammo the 20mm autocannon is highly effective against infantry and unarmoured vehicles.
There is also a projected version with a 5cm gun.

Liébáo-II
------------

Weight: 10,8 tons
Length: 5,95m
Width: 2,4m
Hight: 2,1m
ground clearance: 35cm
fording ability: 120cm
climbing ability: 30°
Engine: V12-cylinder diesel with 225hp
Range: 800km street / 550km terrain
Speed: up to 85 km/h (street)

Armor:
hull front 30mm
hull side 10mm
hull rear 12mm
turret front 30mm
turret side and rear 15mm

Armament:
Version C: 1 MG & 1 2cm TG 30 L/55 autocannon 250 rounds
Version D: 1 MG & 1 3,7cm TG 40 L/55 with 85 rounds
Version E: 1 MG & 1 5cm TC with 50 rounds (planed)

[size=1]thanks to daidalos for the excellent drawing[/size]

[size=1]both pictures show the Version D; upper in dessert lower in jungle camo[/size]

Monday, July 25th 2011, 6:19pm

Nicely done, I love your choices of the camo.

As for the specs, the only thing I'd raise an eyebrow at is the range, which seems quite high.

Monday, July 25th 2011, 7:44pm

Thanks.

About the specs, they are based on the OTL Sd Kfz 234, and it has a "fuelstore" of 240 - 360 litre, and with this a range of 600 - 900 km. So i think my choice is realistic.

Monday, July 25th 2011, 7:49pm

That's a fair enough justification, I suppose. :)

Monday, July 25th 2011, 9:07pm

Acctually the stats I have for the SdKfz 234 state the range is 1,000km (625 miles) on the 20mm armed version.

Wednesday, September 7th 2011, 8:51am

Here is the 5cm version of the armoured car.