You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 14th 2006, 9:34pm

Fabrica Militar Aviones Catalogue 1932

FMA have revealed the latest products shortly to enter flight test. The I.Ae 1 will have its first flight sometime in March followed by the I.Ae 2 in May and the I.Ae 3 in September. The trainers should begin to enter service in late 1932/early 1933 if all goes well.

FMA I.Ae 1 Guarani
Planned variants include civil I.Ae 1A, military four seat courier I.Ae 1B (Commando de Aviacion Naval Argentina has ordered four), flying ambulance I.Ae 1C with space for one stretcher, pilot and one attendant or walking wounded and a seaplane version with floats I.Ae1D.
Dimensions: span 12.8m; length 8m; height 2.48m; wing area 23m sq
Weights: empty 815kg; max take-off 1,390kg
Powerplant: one 200hp Wright J-4A radial
Performance: max speed 120mph; service ceiling 14,000ft; range 621 miles
Capacity: pilot and three passengers in fully enclosed cabin
Structure: steel-tube fuselage truss with metal forward fuselage and aft doped fabric covering. Wings have wooden spars and ribs with wooden leading edge and fabric covering.
Equipment: cabin is heated and provided with two air ventilation inlets; cabin is well furnished and sound-proofed. Comprehensive instrumentation and compass are fitted as standard.

FMA I.Ae 2
This advanced monoplane will enter service in late 1932 and will equip three Fuerza Aerea Argentina flying school squadrons (45 aircraft) and one Commando de Aviacion Naval Argentina training squadron (12 aircraft).
Dimensions: span 10.2m; length 6.85m; height 3.19m; wing area 16.88 sq
Weights: empty 510kg; max take-off 855kg
Performance: max speed 142mph; service ceiling 10,500ft; range 550 miles
Capacity: pupil and tutor in tandem
Structure: steel-tube fuselage truss with light alloy forward fuselage covering and fabric aft, light alloy used for tail construction and fabric covering. The wings are wooden with fabric covering with a plywood leading edge. Simple pneumatic flaps are fitted
Equipment: full dual controls and space for future radio receiver/transmitter; a comprehensive navigation suite is fitted with compass and provision for future HF/DF set.

FMA I.Ae 3
Designed for advanced flying training for fighter pilots the I.Ae is a modern aircraft. Future aircraft will be powered by Renault in-line engines. It will equip two Fuerza Aerea Argentina flying school squadrons (30 aircraft) from early 1933.
Dimensions: span 7.35m; length 5.75m; height 3.06m; wing area 12.58 sq
Weights: empty 505kg; max take-off 555kg
Performance: max speed 160mph; service ceiling 17,000ft; range 350 miles
Armament: Provision for one 7.7mm MG in forward fuselage and two 25kg bombs
Capacity: pupil in open cockpit
Structure: steel-tube fuselage truss with light alloy forward fuselage covering and fabric aft, light alloy used for tail construction and tailplane covering. The wings are wooden with plywood covering to the aft spar, fabric covers the rest. Simple pneumatic flaps are fitted.
Equipment: full controls and navigation equipment are fitted with space for future radio receiver/transmitter and HF/DF set.