You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, May 15th 2003, 12:35pm

Saved Thread - AWNR India: 10 December 1920

The Rock Doctor
Spammer wanna be
(5/9/03 9:51:54 am)
Reply AWNR India: 10 December 1920
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWNR India: 10 December 1920

1. Update on Al Salif Situation
2. Raj Thanks Japan and South Africa
3. Football Team Earns Tie
4. Crown Prince Taken to Hospital

1. Update on Al Salif Situation

Ten days after the last shots were fired in Al Salif, the town is starting to rebuild with the help of the country which inflicted the damage. On 4 December, the Raj released this statement:

Through no fault of their own, the people of Al Salif found themselves in the midst of a battle provoked by their government. While my forces were successful in liberating those they had come for, a number of civilians were killed or injured and parts of the town were damaged. As compensation for the damage caused, I have directed the Minister of Infrastructure to send a mission to Al Salif, where Indian workers will join with the people of Al Salif in rebuilding the town’s basic services. It is expected that this will take several months, during which time India will maintain a military presence in the town to discourage disruption of the rebuilding process.

The following day, the light cruiser Columbo and a troop transport sailed for India. In Mumbai, the light cruiser Pondicherry and three requisitioned civilian ships are preparing to sail for Al Salif. The civilian vessels are being loaded with a variety of materials thought to be required under the rebuilding program announced by the Raj.

Meanwhile, Minister of Defence V. K. Chandra announced that a report has been commissioned on the Al Salif incident. The report will study the technologies and techniques employed by Indian and Japanese forces and their impact on the overall battle. Retired naval commander Sunil Ramesh, known for his resolute command of the light cruiser Hyderabad in the Andaman War, will author the study, which is due to be submitted in June of 1921.

2. Raj Thanks Japan and South Africa

Shortly after releasing the statement about rebuilding Al Salif, the Raj had this to say about third party involvement in the crisis:

The Government of Japan and the Imperial Japanese Navy rendered invaluable service to India by containing Raveena Pillai and her abductors in Al Salif, and for assisting a stricken warship while it was under fire. I would be pleased to travel to Japan in the coming months to personally deliver my thanks to the Government.

The Government of South Africa, and in particular its intelligence analysts at our nations’ joint intelligence service, provided key information that allowed the effective rescue of our captured countrymen. I will be conveying my appreciation to the Government during my February visit to South Africa.

Should it be acceptable to the governments of South Africa and Japan, it is my understanding that the commanding officer of SR Columbo wishes to nominate South African Lieutenant Wim van de Loo and the captain of the Japanese destroyer which assisted Columbo for Rubies of the Raj. My protocol office will be contacting their respective governments to expedite this matter.

The Ruby of the Raj is India’s third highest award for military valor, and is superceded only by the Diamond of the Raj and the Star of India. The Ruby of the Raj consists of a faceted one carat ruby in a gold girdle, linked by a two inch gold chain to a short black ribbon.

3. Football Team Earns Tie

After losses against England, France, the Netherlands, and Germany, the Indian football team earned its first tie against the Danish national team in Copenhagen. The final score of 1-1 pleased manager Amitabh De, who said, “Now the world can see India’s true potential on the pitch. The lads played an excellent defensive game and our goal keeping was strong. I expect that this will continue during our swing into southern Europe.”

The Indian team has three games remaining, against Italy, Iberia, and Greece, before the team heads home next month.

4. Crown Prince Taken to Hospital

Crown Prince Shrinivas was transported to Hyderabad’s central hospital with apparent facial injuries late last night. The nineteen year-old prince, who studies at the university, was engaged in a fencing duel in his dormitory when the injury was suffered. The Prince was released just after 6 AM and returned to the campus without comment.