You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 1:54am

Yugoslavian Naval Dispositions

I have found the following relating to the strength of the Yugoslav Navy

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
The Royal Yugoslav Navy
as of December 1934

CL Orao

DD Durmitor
DD Kaimakcalan
DD Suvobor
DD Cetnik
DD Dubrovnik
DD Beograd

DD Bespokorny
DD Derzki
DD Gnenny
DD Pospihny
DD Pylki
DD Tserigo

DD Skopje
DD Novi Sad
DD Sarajevo
DD Bitola

SC Zagreb
SC Ljubljana

TB 8xT-1
TB 4xT-9
TB 3xOrjen
TB 6xAriete

M Morava
M Sava
M Drava
M Vardar

ML Galeb
ML Jastreb
ML Sokol
ML Kobac
ML Labud

4 minesweepers

TS Vila-Velebita

Y Vila

5 tugboats

And as part of the original Yugoslav 1Q37 Sim report, Desert Fox indicated the 30 June 1936 fleet strength as:

G. Updated Order of Battle, 30 June 1936

CDBB 1(0)+0
MN 0(0)+2
CL 2(0)+0
DD 10(0)+0
SC 2(0)+0
TB 13(0)+2
M/ML 9(0)+0
MTB 60(0)+0
Subs 3(0)+0

I am trying to match up these, and in particular, where is the second light cruiser (Name, Springsharp?) which ten destroyers were in service in June 1936 and which Torpedo boats were in service at that time.

I have found the appropriate data for the Kornilov, the Durmitors, the Dubrovniks, the Skopjes and the Zagrebs. But I can find nothing on the Bespokornys – and while there is a listing for 12 ships bought from Nordmark at some point, there are only 6 Besporonoys.

If anyone can help me figure out the status of these, I would be most grateful.

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 1:57am

If memory serves, the second CL was formerly British. I'll have to research to find more.

Edit: formerly HMS Curlew

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 2:07am

Six ex-Nordmark destroyers were traded to Mexico in Q4/1936 for 40 MTB's. That explains the ten destroyers (six ex-Nordmark and the four newer ones)

In regard to torpedo boats IIRC I counted the old Danish ships as torpedo boats, the ex-filipino and the Italian built ships make thirteen torpedo boats. The ex-austrohungarian ships I can't recall if they were scrapped or they were going to be scrapped. I have no idea about the design of the two torpedo boats being built.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (May 16th 2010, 2:16am)

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 2:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Six ex-Nordmark destroyers were traded to Mexico in Q4/1936 for 40 MTB's. That explains the ten destroyers (six ex-Nordmark and the four newer ones)

In regard to torpedo boats IIRC I counted the old Danish ships as torpedo boats but don't recall if any other transaction was made.

Thanks for clarifying that matter - I wondered if something had happened to the other six, but had no luck finding an electron trail.

And thanks to Brockpaine on the question of the cruiser.