You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 6:15am

*flails*

Well, yeah, I vanished for awhile again. Primarily due to busy stuff IRL, busy stuff roleplaying online, and...well, a serious lack of motivation.

But, there's also the fact that due to this computer being weird (more specifically, having had AVG installed on it... <_< ), I can't install Spring* on it. >.<

So, either I can get down to it, play the Philippines and have somebody else design my ships, or I can step back and let somebody take it over completely again. ;(

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 6:38am

I have AVG on my computer and never had any problems with SS, so are you sure there isnt something else acting up?

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 6:39am

Nope, we looked it up, and other people have had the same problem. Apparently on Vista some recent AVGs have a thing where it won't let you download anything (at all - not even text files >.<).

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 12:55pm

Computer problem that is a fact of life for me since I switched form Commodore 64 too PC. Right now my sound card got lost :rolleyes:

But Swamphen please stay, there are ton of people ,myself included,willing to make your design for you.

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 1:13pm

Alternatively, ditch AVG and use a different anti-virus program.

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 2:18pm

I think it would be....um...interesting if you joined the sim again Swampy! Like Marek says, I'm sure SS designs will not be a problem.

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 2:48pm

Stay pleace!! :D

I don't have that problem... I only have a problem with make a good one :P

Friday, February 26th 2010, 3:16am

Swampy, I have 64-bit Vista and the AVG and have no issues w/ SS. I'm sure it's something else. As to an AV prog, I recommend the package deal that is IObit's Advanced System Care w/ IObit Security 360. BTW, if this problem is what's been holding up you Nverse return, I'd be happy to sim ships for you.

Friday, February 26th 2010, 3:27am

Aye as well. We really would like you back....just for Count Van Bulow....... :D

Friday, February 26th 2010, 9:45am

If AVG is causing issues, try Microserf's "Security Essentials".
It's free, and according to the geeks in work, VERY good!

Friday, February 26th 2010, 8:27pm

SuperAntiSpyware, and SpybotS&D works for me.