You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 4:29am

Great drawings guys. "Shipbucket" is such a wonderful source for Cold War and modern warships and the drawings are very easily modified. I've even tried my hand a time or two;

The Cold War always gave me the shivvers and modern warships were never my forte although I did attempt a 1950's aircraft carrier once - in my own style;

For the most part though, I stick to drawing warships of the 1910-45 period and late-war designs are pretty much as late as it gets for me. Sometimes I do get carried away - Modified RN "Battle" class DD;

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 5:32am

Looks good!

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 8:45am

Holy Moly !!!!

F***** great drawings !!!!! Why can I not make such beautiful drawings ? :(

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 9:24am

Monty, that high speed picture is really great....

but......

dare I say.....

I´m missing funnel smoke which should be there at such speeds, shoudn´t it?

Probably some rusting and "used look" too? That´s what made Star Wars look so cool and different compared to other scifi stuff and I think it would help here to.

Anyway, really great stuff. Please keep it coming.

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 2:05pm

Thank you kindly, gentlemen.

HoOmAn,

I am not an expert on the workings of a ship's boilers but I am led to believe that funnel smoke should be present only when getting underway or when working up to a higher speed - in other words, when a ship is accelerating. Other than than that, if funnel smoke is present, there is something not quite right in the boiler rooms. I THINK???

But, what the heck, if HoOmAn wants funnel smoke, HoOmAn gets funnel smoke;

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 2:13pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BCRenown
Thank you kindly, gentlemen.

HoOmAn,

I am not an expert on the workings of a ship's boilers but I am led to believe that funnel smoke should be present only when getting underway or when working up to a higher speed - in other words, when a ship is accelerating. Other than than that, if funnel smoke is present, there is something not quite right in the boiler rooms. I THINK???

But, what the heck, if HoOmAn wants funnel smoke, HoOmAn gets funnel smoke;

Now that you added smoke from funnels and guns its time for splashes!
:D

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 2:49pm

Vukovlad,

I tried shell splashes but they looked more like cream puffs rising out of the sea. :( This is going to take some practise and, for now, we'll have to accept that "HMS Falklands" is taking part in high speed gunnery exercises where there is no return fire.

Please guys, do not make the mistake of thinking that I am some kind of artist. 8o :))

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 5:16pm

Lol, good drawing all the same Monty!

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 7:27pm

hehe...

Nice funnel smoke...

I´m not sure if you´re right on funnel smoke. In fact, on all footage of WW2 I ever saw ships were trailing smoke.

(I once had a cool link with many footage but can´t find it again. :o(

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 8:28pm

Quoted

Vukovlad,

I tried shell splashes but they looked more like cream puffs rising out of the sea. :( This is going to take some practise and, for now, we'll have to accept that "HMS Falklands" is taking part in high speed gunnery exercises where there is no return fire.

Please guys, do not make the mistake of thinking that I am some kind of artist. 8o :))

No worries, I was just kidding and i liked the original picture.
BTW do you take requests? WW could use some more ship artists

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 11:21am

I'll tell you what Vukovlad, I'll do a drawing for anyone at "Wesworld" with 2500 or more posts. Please try to keep the designs within the 1910-45 period or thereabouts. Those interested will need to supply basic dimensions and armament layout. Even a rough sketch would also be most helpful.

The drawings will be done in this style but probably without the top view:

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 1:22pm

Sounds great and thanks in advance for the requests I will be making

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 1:46pm

Quoted

I'll tell you what Vukovlad, I'll do a drawing for anyone at "Wesworld" with 2500 or more posts. Please try to keep the designs within the 1910-45 period or thereabouts. Those interested will need to supply basic dimensions and armament layout. Even a rough sketch would also be most helpful.

Feel free to browse the Canadian encyclopedia and see if anything interests you.

I'm fairly sure at least one will..and I think you fiddled with it before, too :P

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 1:47pm

Quoted

I'll tell you what Vukovlad, I'll do a drawing for anyone at "Wesworld" with 2500 or more posts.

Sweet! Thank you!

...now I have to think up what to ask for!

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 2:21pm

Quoted

I'll tell you what Vukovlad, I'll do a drawing for anyone at "Wesworld" with 2500 or more posts.

I'm f..... away from it :(

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 2:27pm

What would you want if you could, Parador?

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 2:38pm

If i had the choice it would be nice, if i have the Formosian Destroyers or Light Cruisers :)

Because Alex (ALVAMA) and Navarchos are already drawing some ships for me ;)

On the other side, i'm searching for merchants and oilers of the WW2 ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "parador" (Jun 7th 2009, 2:39pm)

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 3:01pm

Only 253 posts to go!

I'l like one of Soyuz Nerushimy

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 4:04pm

RE: Only 253 posts to go!

Quoted

Originally posted by AdmKuznetsov
Only 253 posts to go!

Yeah, I noticed that I seem to have a number fewer posts than some of our newer members, and you've been here longer than me, even!

Quoted

Originally posted by AdmKuznetsov
I'l like one of Soyuz Nerushimy

I'll second that. The Russian and French encyclopedias would be greatly improved with some graphics :P (No dig on you meant or implied)

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 4:13pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador

Quoted

I'm f..... away from it :(

Lol, waaaaaay far away! There are plenty of artists who visit wesworld however so I'm sure your in luck somewhere!