You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 16th 2009, 2:02am

Yugoslavia

I have taken over Yugoslavia for the duration of the war.

Could all of you who have current dealings with Yugoslavia please advise?

Monday, February 16th 2009, 4:03am

50 AT-32 MK 3's delivered after Lithuania crisis. Discussion also revolved around sending some AT-33's in place of the AT-35's desired but unavailable due to early production numbers being deverted to Atlantean units.

Monday, February 16th 2009, 1:11pm

Right, you already know everything that Yugoslavia aquired from Mexico, and the arrangements made regarding various 'other items'
Yugoslavia also purchase 32 75mm Armed Legionaires and 32 40mm (Skoda A17) Armed Veles B type tanks from Eastern Wind Industries (aka Ex Gothia Works)

Other than these i recall there were arrangements with Germany for various pieces of military Hardware, Hrolf might have better records as to the status of these orders than me. As far as I know, Nordmark didn't sell them anything.

Monday, February 16th 2009, 2:33pm

Actually, weren't the Nords building a coast defence ship or two for the Yugoslavs?

Germany has completed three Type I U-boats (identical to the Type I's the KM uses) for Yugoslavia in Q3, 1936. Germany was delivering approximately 80 half-track gun tractors (Sdkfz 6 & 7) over the course of the year. On the air side, Yugoslavia bought it's historical complement of Do-17Ks, last deliveries took place at the beginning of 1936. Yugoslavia also contracted with Junkers to buy 48 Ju-87Bs plus spares, those would have been delivered by the end of 1936. Last thing I can think of from Germany was 24 Bf-109As (lightly used) from Luftwaffe stocks, also delivered in 1936.

Monday, February 16th 2009, 2:41pm

Hah, memory IS working: here's the Nordish-built coastal defence ship - http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/thread.php?si…50771#post50771

Monday, February 16th 2009, 6:31pm

The CDS for Yugoslavia completed in the final quarter of 1936, and is on trials till about May 1937. Her Yugoslav crew is aboard.

N.B. Completion of trials is her delivery cruise

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Earl822" (Feb 17th 2009, 8:37am)

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 10:33am

Greece is ready to 'gift' some submarines and MTB's.

Cheers,

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 11:25am

N.B to my previous post, depending on when the war starts, Nordmark may feel obliged to ensure its completely neutral status by interning the CDS. A move which may well save the lives of the crew.

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 2:36pm

You guys are beefing up Yugoslavia nicely for the coming struggle. Notice the divisional aligment I did before turning over Yugoslavia. The bulk of the troops are massed in the direction of the Dalmatian Coast and Slovenia.

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 4:08pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
You guys are beefing up Yugoslavia nicely for the coming struggle. Notice the divisional aligment I did before turning over Yugoslavia. The bulk of the troops are massed in the direction of the Dalmatian Coast and Slovenia.

Where are the others located?

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 4:19pm

1st and 4th Army were tasked with covering the Greek-Bulgarian border; the 5th with covering the Hungarian-Romanian borders. Three armies were tasked with facing the Italians plus the GHQ got more troops available for emergencies.

I guess the new Gothia tanks could be formed into a 6th Tank Battalion assigned to the GHQ Reserve.

I noticed the small size of the Italian Army and divisions to ensure numerical superiority at least in the theater.

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 4:41pm

A new OOB for Army and Airforce would be nice

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 4:49pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
A new OOB for Army and Airforce would be nice

DF is putting together a new AF OOB, I believe.

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 5:07pm

The Army shouldn't had changed too much but IIRC Thantalas made a lot of deals for aircrafts. The main change I can see in the army it seems is the motorization of the artillery branch with the deals made with Germany plus the new Gothia equipped tank battalion.

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 5:09pm

The Yugoslavs will have to attempt some kind of surprise attack not to immediately overwhelmed by the Italian Airforce that seem to lack both numbers and quality to take on Italy

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 5:18pm

Quoted

The Yugoslavs will have to attempt some kind of surprise attack not to immediately overwhelmed by the Italian Airforce that seem to lack both numbers and quality to take on Italy

Yugoslavia is numerically stronger in troops but IMO their Air Force will lose the battle versus the regia aeronautica real fast. Same with the naval war. I think Nordmark will save lives if they intern the ship.

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 5:31pm

The Yugoslavs are actually stronger in the air than they were historically, and Earl and DF have been busy strengthening the numbers and quality. Still, give the Regia Aeronautica a month and all there will be is "a plethora of targets".

It would be interesting to see a Bulgarian/Yugoslav air war, as they're more evenly matched. Bulgaria has fewer aircraft (about a 2:1 ratio), but they are much more modern on the average. (240 fighters, all under two years old, mainly Spitfires and Bf109Bs.)

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
I think Nordmark will save lives if they intern the ship.

Unfortunately I think the Kornilov will be delivered before the war starts. It's a real pity if she's sunk; she's a good modern ship. Bulgaria's had an eye on the ship for a while now as exemplar for when Bulgaria finishes off her current round of construction.

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 6:00pm

The point I was trying to make that the bulk of the Yugoslav Air Force seems to be the Breguet 19 and PZL P.11c, so without catching the Italians on the ground it looks like a onesided slaughter, the Bulgarians should comfortably be able to dominate the skies over Yugoslavia..

I have been eyeing the Kornilov as well or something similar

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 6:06pm

Quoted

The point I was trying to make that the bulk of the Yugoslav Air Force seems to be the Breguet 19 and PZL P.11c, so without catching the Italians on the ground it looks like a onesided slaughter, the Bulgarians should comfortably be able to dominate the skies over Yugoslavia...

Yes, that's still the pre-935 OOB. It's changed since then, thanks to the Mexicans :)

I don't want to tell too much more, since that's Foxy's domain.

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 6:10pm

MWUHAHAHAHAH!!!

@ Hrolf, can you double that sale of Ju-87s and Bf-109s?

@ alt_naval, Yugoslavia will welcome any gifts. Which ships are you giving?