You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 8:17pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
No. we will to keep Hedjaz strong enough, that's all. The rest is irrelevant. If saudi stays a forgotten hole on the middle of the desert we will be happy with it but Turkey and Dutch continue to feed them weapons. We have to keep our puppet well armed as you keep your puppet well armed. That is all.

Turkey hasn't armed the Saudi's, in fact we've helped to train the Saudi army in an attempt to create a professional army, one that doesn't rape and pillage. Turkey did discuss the possibility of transfering some ships to the Saudi's seeing as a navy is the best way to deter pirates or perhaps beligerant Persians should they decide to start backing up the retoric they deliver. Those plans haven't panned out at this point.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 8:20pm

Turkey doing the training, IIRC weapons are being funnelled by foreign powers. Same thing basically, making the Saudis stronger.

Apologize to Dutch. Reread the 1936 and it seems the Dutch refused to sell weapons to the Saudis. Good for them.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Feb 6th 2009, 8:26pm)

Friday, February 6th 2009, 8:44pm

The only ones delivering belligerent rhetoric in the area are Turkey and their proxies, Persia has been very careful not to inflame the situation unlike Turkey´s constant calls for war.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 8:47pm

Rofl!

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
...unlike Turkey´s constant calls for war.

*Giggles*

Friday, February 6th 2009, 8:56pm

Read the Persian and Turkish news... I particularly like the part about shooting Persian riff raff and defending the "Sunni" Armenians (if it hasnt been edited)

Friday, February 6th 2009, 8:59pm

Quoted

Read the Persian and Turkish news... I particularly like the part about shooting Persian riff raff and defending the "Sunni" Armenians (if it hasnt been edited)

Can you please provide me with a helpful link?

Friday, February 6th 2009, 9:16pm

One example, its a bit much to go through all the news

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
That was referance to Persias perception of borders, not a claim on Azerbaijan by Atlantis. If thats all you have then my question has already been answered.

What perception? A Schoolbook map that indicates natural borders? Unlike Turkey/Atlantis the Persian Empire has not with one word threatened neighbors with war.

I'll admit Turkey has, but then again tough language seems to work well with the Persians in any era. As for Atlantis the only "threatening" we've been doing is threatening to honour our alliance agreements should other nations act agressively.

Hmm.....maybe I should push for Armenia and Azerbaijan to join FAR. That way Turkey can relax knowing they don't have to worry about a war (unless Persia is really smitten for one with FAR) and Persia, well I guess they can sulk in the straight of Hormuz.

Friday, February 6th 2009, 10:22pm

Yes, those evil aggressive Turks. :rolleyes:

----------------------------

Turkey (as Gandalf): "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!"
Persia (as Balrog): "WAAAA!! Mommy, Turkey's being mean to me!"
India (as Balrog's mother): "Stop that racket, I'm watching my soap operas! Here's some cash, go buy some candy and shut up."

:D

Friday, February 6th 2009, 10:32pm

Well we were talking of belligerent rhetoric... but obviously Turkey shouldnt be taken seriously...

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 1:34am

Quoted

The only ones delivering belligerent rhetoric in the area are Turkey and their proxies

Which proxy's would those be?

Quoted

Persia has been very careful not to inflame the situation unlike Turkey´s constant calls for war.

Their actions in the Caspain would dispute that....

Quoted

Now why would I edit my posts?

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 1:39am

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Turkey doing the training, IIRC weapons are being funnelled by foreign powers. Same thing basically, making the Saudis stronger.

IIRC? You might want to be sure on that one and whats wrong with a stronger Saudi Kingdom? the Indians have tried their hardest to knock em down and leave them blowing in the wind, its not surprising someone would help them in the same way India is "helping" the Hedjaz.

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 7:09am

Dr. TC is finding all this quite amusing, and thinks the only way to cure this senseless bickering back and forth is for each side to go to war. The Doctor therefore has given instructions to his henchmen to ensure that a major war breaks out between the evil SATSUMA and the FAR flunkies ASAP using every means at their disposal. Dr. TC will also try to cure the Dutch/Indian disease using the same measures.

Insert evil laugh, as TC goes off to plot.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Feb 7th 2009, 7:11am)

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 7:28am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Dr. TC is finding all this quite amusing, and thinks the only way to cure this senseless bickering back and forth is for each side to go to war. The Doctor therefore has given instructions to his henchmen to ensure that a major war breaks out between the evil SATSUMA and the FAR flunkies ASAP using every means at their disposal. Dr. TC will also try to cure the Dutch/Indian disease using the same measures.

Insert evil laugh, as TC goes off to plot.

8o ...are you okay, or are you channeling Desertfox??? 8o

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 7:33am

No, I'm fine. It's just all this rhetoric seems (if you will excuse the terms) like foreplay to me. I've had enough of foreplay, lets move on to the main event now.

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 7:40am

Heh. I'm having enough work with the Yugoslav War. WWII is going to be a nightmare with as many people as that'd involve.

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 8:03am

Yes, a war between any of the European alliances would be difficult. A war between SATSUMA and SEAR is a nightmare considering it has the potential due to the alliance systems of drawing in everyone currently playing.

Would be fun to watch though (and likely quite bloody). Btw, I believe I am the only potential spectator for the last one, unless SEAR wants a token Brazilian squadron.

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 10:44am

War is complicated in WW due to the fact that everything has to be scripted (and very time consuming). I have been thinking if it would be possible to adopt the GR/D Europa series for resolving combat. Air and land should be pretty straight forward but I know to little about the naval system.