You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, January 30th 2009, 2:52am

I never understood how these things were decided in The World Cup, Hell till this I thought there couldnt be a tie... (I actualy did think there couldnt be a tie in world cup play)

Friday, January 30th 2009, 2:54am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Since they have the same amount of points in 1937 that would be 2 for a victory, 1 for a tie so after the match against Chile Peru had 0 points and a goal difference of -3

Hrm, and after the game against Argentina they had 2 points and a goal difference of... -2?

Friday, January 30th 2009, 2:57am

Correct, now do the GD for Peru and Brazil and see which has the best.

As for ties with todays rules there can be now ties in the elimination rounds only (Final, semifinal and so on)

Friday, January 30th 2009, 3:15am

Brazil versus Mexico: 2 points for victory, goal difference 2
Brazil versus US: 0 points for victory, goal difference now 0
Brazil versus Peru: 1 point for tie, goal difference 0

Peru versus Chile: 0 points for loss, goal difference -3
Peru versus Argentina: 2 points for win, goal difference -2
Peru versus Brazil: 1 point for tie, goal difference -2

Overall:
Brazil 3 points, goal difference 0
Peru 3 points, goal difference -2

Is that right?

Friday, January 30th 2009, 3:16am

Yes

Friday, January 30th 2009, 3:22am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Brazil versus Mexico: 2 points for victory, goal difference 2
Brazil versus US: 0 points for victory, goal difference now 0
Brazil versus Peru: 1 point for tie, goal difference 0

Peru versus Chile: 0 points for loss, goal difference -3
Peru versus Argentina: 2 points for win, goal difference -2
Peru versus Brazil: 1 point for tie, goal difference -2

Overall:
Brazil 3 points, goal difference 0
Peru 3 points, goal difference -2

Is that right?

Yes that is correct, as I pointed out in the other thread, Riged from the start...

Friday, January 30th 2009, 3:38am

Are there any votes for redoing the last round, yes or no? If I hear four calls, I'll re-run the last round; it might produce some surprise changes, seeing as at the end of round two only Chile was undefeated...

Friday, January 30th 2009, 3:59am

No, I am content with my destruction of the lackluster United States team. :]

Unfortunately Mexico can not boycitt the World Cup, but I am hoping that Argentina and Chile go ahead and boycott the games like in OTL.

Friday, January 30th 2009, 4:05am

Qualified:
Argentina: 2 wins, 1 loss.
Chile: 2 wins, 1 loss.
Columbia: 2 wins, 1 loss.
Brazil: 1 win, 1 loss, 1 tie.

Not Qualified:
Mexico: 1 win, 2 losses
Canda: 1 win, 2 losses
US: 1 win, 2 losses
Peru: 1 win, 1 loss, 1 tie

as it would require all 4 nations not qualified to ask for a resim, and DF has already stated he is content with the standings... that would only be 3 of us asking even if Canada and the US both wanted it resimed.

I simply have to be content to complain that I think the whole process was slanted in the direction you wanted it

Friday, January 30th 2009, 4:05am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
No, I am content with my destruction of the lackluster United States team. :]

Unfortunately Mexico can not boycitt the World Cup, but I am hoping that Argentina and Chile go ahead and boycott the games like in OTL.

I do too, then Colombia has an easier go at it!

Friday, January 30th 2009, 4:27am

You have to admit that game between Brazil and Peru would make a spectacular scene for a sports movie. Last-second tie, officials huddled together while the crowds and teams wait with baited breath...

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas
I simply have to be content to complain that I think the whole process was slanted in the direction you wanted it

No, I mean four people in the sim, not four people who lost.

I'll say again that I actually didn't WANT Peru to be disqualified so that I wouldn't have to deal with the "Unfair/cheating" bit.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Jan 30th 2009, 4:32am)

Friday, January 30th 2009, 4:36am

Canada demands a rematch on a proper ice-filled arena with the proper equipment!

Friday, January 30th 2009, 4:44am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
You have to admit that game between Brazil and Peru would make a spectacular scene for a sports movie. Last-second tie, officials huddled together while the crowds and teams wait with baited breath...

Quoted

No, I mean four people in the sim, not four people who lost.

I'll say again that I actually didn't WANT Peru to be disqualified so that I wouldn't have to deal with the "Unfair/cheating" bit.

still Brock the fact remains that we have bene fueding since almost the day I took over Peru.

For whatever reason, you dont like anything I do or even think about doing.

its quite possible that your random generation was fair and acurate, its also possible that you edited the results to get the outcome you wanted. Now given our history of disagrement which do you think im inclined to belive, if the situation was reversed which would you be inclined to belive.

I get the impresion that you think I should be punished for the sins of my Predicesor. Well here is a news Flash im not Howard. Personaly I never would have orderd/bought Half the stuff he did, but as I already have it not to much I can do about that is there. I would have never invaded (or interfeard with) Bolivia. I would have actualy bene content to build my fleet to my vision at the best possible speed I could manage.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tanthalas" (Jan 30th 2009, 4:51am)

Friday, January 30th 2009, 5:05am

Ok, thats it gentlemen, lets cool things down.
I'd like to remind everyone to keep it civil and refer to this post if your feeling a little combative.

http://www.jk-clan.de/wbblite/thread.php?threadid=5672&sid=

Friday, January 30th 2009, 5:06am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Ok, thats it gentlemen, lets cool things down.

Oh im perfectly Cool and Calm. I started out joking about the issue, but Brock took my humor serious, and that made me start to wonder.

Friday, January 30th 2009, 5:15am

Well honestly I thought similar as well, one or two comments about things being fixed I could egnore but its been a tad bit more than that. Again refer to the link I posted.

Friday, January 30th 2009, 5:29am

Quoted

still Brock the fact remains that we have bene fueding since almost the day I took over Peru.

For whatever reason, you dont like anything I do or even think about doing.

Okay, first off, I apologize if I've made it sound like Chile's current distrust of Peru is any way taken as me disliking you. I rather appreciate having you in Peru, in fact, and when you asked to take Peru, I thought you'd be a good player (and I indicated so in PM to several people). You can rest assured that if I had any qualms about letting you play Peru, I would have voiced them then. I had no problems with you playing Peru then, and I have no concerns with you playing Peru now, either.

However, I'm still trying to figure out the appropriate tone to take towards both you and Peru, and it seems that I've extended a more harsh tone than I intend to exhibit. You've taken over one of the hardest seats in the game at this moment, and you've been doing pretty well, IMHO.

If I've offended you in that process, then you deserve a public apology from me.

Quoted

Oh im perfectly Cool and Calm. I started out joking about the issue, but Brock took my humor serious, and that made me start to wonder.

...humor? ...okay, I totally missed that. I'm a bit prone to use a lot of humor myself, but not read it very well in return. I felt I was trying to banter with you, but wasn't getting anything in response... so it sounds like we mutually misinterpreted each other. Whups.

Friday, January 30th 2009, 5:41am

For referance you can generaly figure in topics like this im not serious :D. Am I pleased that Peru only managed to win one game no, but thats the breaks. I obviously misunderstood some things you posted, and for that im sorry, I also accept your apology. :P

Did I mention im not very happy with the National Disgrace peru is aparently calling a Football team (and if you think it isnt confusing talking about Football and Football your nuts)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tanthalas" (Jan 30th 2009, 5:44am)

Friday, January 30th 2009, 6:09am

In the future guys a little more use of the tags OOC (out of charactor) IC (in charactor) and J/K would help clear things up. that would go a long way towards avoiding misunderstandings.

Friday, January 30th 2009, 6:32am

Quoted

For referance you can generaly figure in topics like this im not serious :D. Am I pleased that Peru only managed to win one game no, but thats the breaks. I obviously misunderstood some things you posted, and for that im sorry, I also accept your apology. :P

Did I mention im not very happy with the National Disgrace peru is aparently calling a Football team (and if you think it isnt confusing talking about Football and Football your nuts)

Okay, thanks.

OOC: For the record, Tanthalas, one of the things Howard did that always annoyed me was talk about executing characters who did disappointing things. That... for some reason makes me skittish, and when you started "joking" about that, it was probably the biggest thing that made me misunderstand your responses, since it seemed so... Howard-esque. Could you consider taking a slightly different approach, please?