You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 6:05am

Somewhere in Siam, 1937

Michael Hannigan had served in the Irish Guards during the Great War, and discovered he enjoyed creeping across no mans land, through the shell holes and wire, to silently take out the enemy. His many.. indiscretions… on leave were tolerated until the war was over, despite the complaints of the French.

Discharged, he fought in the Irish Civil War, then made his way to Boston. An easy life as an enforcer for the Irish mob wasn’t enough. Combat beckoned him to serve as a mercenary in the little wars and revolts the world always has, Gran Chaco, Asir, the Phillipines, Bolivia, and Paraguay again. Eventually, he was recruited to be one of HEBCO’s guerrillas, recently plying his trade in the South Pacific. The money was good, and he enjoyed killing mice.

However, Michael Hannigan hated jungles. They were hot, dark and humid, swarming with bugs and the lush greenery stank. The showers that came with the humidity would soak the brush, but provide little relief. Still, he found himself cradling a B.A.R. in a treeblind, overwatching two of HEBCO’s lesser sentry teams outside the compound. God in heaven he wanted a smoke, but didn’t dare light up in the suffocating darkness that passed for night in these parts. Instead, he served as the silent backup to the disposable piquet line. Considering the number of tripmines scattered about, and the local population of biting insects, he was not convinced his time here was well spent.

As good as Michael Hannigan was in most theatres of war, he still smelled of meat and cigarettes, with a faint tinge of alcohol. The wildlife didn’t like to go near that tree, and the vines used to make the blind were not renewed as faithfully as they should. The combination meant the position had been known for sometime.

For Master Sergeant Kama Bomanchala the jungle was far more comforting, the scents odd, but still reminiscent of his childhood. He had been born 40 years prior, as a member of the Bakuba tribe of the Bantu people. Hunting in the jungle was a way of life for the men of his village.

When he was a young boy he had watched Belgian mercenaries, of the infamous Force Publique, impress the people of his village, forcing them to collect a quota vine rubber. Smeared on their bodies for transport, the skin would not infrequently lift off when the sheets were torn from their bodies. When the Force Publique returned for it’s bounty, the leaders who complained, like his father, died. For each bullet the Force Publique expended, they had to produce an ear, so they preferred to use machetes to kill the villagers, saving the ears to offset bullets expended in future hunting expeditions.

He was still young when the Queen’s Marines drove out the Force Publique, turning their fortified compound up the river into a shattered ruin. Village life returned to how it had been, the women returning to their roles, the men to hunting. Kama Bomanchala stayed until he was twenty, enduring the remedial education the new nation on before he could join the Marines. Serving fifteen years in the Long Range Reconnaissance units posted to the Kongo and DEI, he had spent the past five years as an instructor at the Marine Jungle Warfare Center at Dongalla.

The King of Siam had been distressed by the death of his White Mice. However HEBCO’s homicidal campaign had not expended quite the same energy on their Danish partners, and had nearly completely ignored the mole-like Dutch agents. The Dutch intelligence presence had always been more low key, more mercantile and very quiet so not to upset their friends. With the White Mice so badly betrayed from inside, their direct links were suspect, so the Dutch had been asked to provide “trainers” for the Siamese Army, a valid request in any case.

Master Sergeant Bomanchala was just one of many of this training force detailed from the Marines Jungle Warfare Training Center at Dongalla. Officially he had rotated out, unofficially the seaplane had put down on the coast and he got off. He and the other men of “his” kommando had been eating local village food for a solid month, they had been in the jungle for two weeks, and had been observing this compound for a week. It had taken months to find Howards compound, but now the defenses were well known.

Sergeant Kenge was of the Bambenga tribe, he had grown up in the deep jungle and stood 148cm tall. Light and wirey, his stature had made it difficult to join the Marines, they saw little need for pygmies. However, figuring there may be some use for short men, he was brought on as a suttler. In the DEI, he found the local’s martial art of Silat fascinating, now, he was an unarmed combat instructor used to . He was also quite good about moving around treetops. The HEBCO sentries didn’t tend to look up much, and the trees had few mines.

Others like these, born in the Netherlands, Kongo and the DEI, with years of jungle warfare training in the 2nd Marine Brigades Long Range Reconnaissance companies, ghosted through the jungle on carefully cleared attack corridors, launching a careful assault.

The assault was underway for seven and a half minutes when the first non-silenced shot rang out. HEBCO personnel had died by a variety of means, poison darts, hand to hand, an by the whisper of a silenced Nagant revolver. The gas seal of the cylinder made for several problems, but the silenced weapon lacked the noise the action of a silenced automatic has.

When the alert went out, it was nearly to late, not all the files were destroyed by the self destruct charges. The minisub carrying the head honcho was able to make a submerged egress under battery power, slipping into the riverine estuary and silently heading for the sea.

The estuary made a gentle turn to the south before running straight for a thousand yards and making a sweeping turn into the sea. The battery of mountain guns were placed to command this stretch, seeking to stop the power boats they expected may make such a run. The periscope was spotted as it slipped out to sea, and a couple fitful shells fired.

The sub was last seen heading for the sea... perhaps to some secret base in the islands...

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 6:13am

Nice write up! I expect we'll see more of these charactors in the future?

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 6:19am

*Applause*

When the Irish learn about the operation, they will extend their thanks to the Kommandos who have helped bring down a head of this international hydra.

Kaiser Kirk

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 6:54am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Nice write up! I expect we'll see more of these charactors in the future?

If I told you, I'd have to ....
Since Howard had requested I send in Dutch Intelligence and Jungle Warfare trainers, and 2nd Brigade provides both the Jungle and more generalized Kommando training, I proposed this to CG as a way of illustrating whats occurring in the background.

I think information back to the world would pass through Danish intelligence :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Jan 29th 2009, 6:54am)

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 10:52pm

So the Dutch can do whatever they want in Siam, but Australian can't?

*grumble*

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:01pm

Considering that they're allies? Yes, I'd say so.

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:03pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Considering that they're allies? Yes, I'd say so.

I would tend to agree.

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:06pm

Then again Siam and Australi are also Allies...

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:07pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox

I told you what it would cost you to have Peru turn a blind eye to any actions you might take in Siam...

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:16pm

Quoted

Not really.

Kaiser Kirk

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:52pm

Quoted

So the Dutch can do whatever they want in Siam, but Australian can't?

*grumble*

1. We are allies. Both when Siam was Danish, and now when it's independent. Much longer history than Aussie's.

2. The Dutch have had a military presence in Siam since at least the 1920s, the Indic fleet and thousands of Dutch personel are stationed there.

3. I cleared the story with CG, current custodian of Siam, and modified it to his request.

4. I built on the existing storylines. Note that HEBCO's assault on the White mice never discussed the Danes or Dutch loosing assets. Howard, the last full time player of Siam, requested the Dutch jungle warfare trainers be sent, the presence of Dutch royal intellengence was with his OK. These were presented in news reports at the time. Just changing the direction going forward.

5. The reason I took time with the Bios was Howard did as well, HEBCO personnel were portrayed as formidible, not easy prey. I needed to show that, and why it was they would be overmatched in this case.

6. You complained about lack of stories on this issue. This is rather what I presumed was occuring in the background anyhow- Siam and it's alllies cleaning up the mess quietly.

7. So, I took storylines put down by the last official player, built on them, and cleared them with the current custodian. So yeah, it's ok for the the Dutch to do this.

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:57pm

I'll second what Kirk said: it makes sense for things to happen in this manner.

Friday, January 30th 2009, 12:00am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
I'll second what Kirk said: it makes sense for things to happen in this manner.

I agree Compleatly, however for a Price I could have bene convinced to look the other way (what im a south amarican dictator for the right price ill sell anything)

Friday, January 30th 2009, 2:22am

Quoted

Really? is this something Mac and the AEGIS crew agreed on?, because I haven't heard a word about that.