You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 9:13pm

reuse of turrets

How it works? Did you take out the weight and time of the turrets from the total weight and construction time of the ship?

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 9:25pm

Quoted

Before scrapping a ship her guns can be taken off her and re-used when building new vessels. If those guns are installed as a new designs main armament, the building time for that new vessel is reduced by 1 month (not impairing slip time). If those guns are installed as a new designs secondary armament, the building time for that new vessel is reduced by 1 month (not impairing slip time). Both cases are cumulative. Using those guns as tertiary armament on a new ship will not result in a reduction of the time necessary to build said new ship.

It would seem to me that you'd simply subtract the one month savings from the normal build time, and subtract the weight of the turrets from the light tonnage of the ship...

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 2:08pm

How much is the weight of three dual 150mm turrets? I got three laying around and could sell them for a modical fee.

And of triple 150mm turrets?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Dec 4th 2008, 2:35pm)

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 3:47pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
How much is the weight of three dual 150mm turrets? I got three laying around and could sell them for a modical fee.

And of triple 150mm turrets?

Looking at Navweaps, triple 150mm would weigh around 150t and duple around 110-120t

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 4:09pm

Thanks.

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 7:28pm

How much would re-boring main guns cost in WW?

Hoo's idea of re-boring my 12in guns to 320mm is enticing but I wounder how much that would cost and what refit level it would come under?

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 7:33pm

Are there rules for reboring?

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 7:38pm

Heh, not yet.....

Looking at the Infrastructure rules, I'd make a suggestion that reboring guns costs 2 levels lower than alterations not involving barbette changes for a given caliber. Ie, in the case of a reboring from 305mm to 320mm, the cost would be (alteration not involving barbette changes is a Level 4 - 2 = Level 2 or 15%).

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 7:55pm

A boring option? :D

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 10:07pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Heh, not yet.....

Looking at the Infrastructure rules, I'd make a suggestion that reboring guns costs 2 levels lower than alterations not involving barbette changes for a given caliber. Ie, in the case of a reboring from 305mm to 320mm, the cost would be (alteration not involving barbette changes is a Level 4 - 2 = Level 2 or 15%).

I'd agree, but suggest that it could only be done in port, drydock not necessary.

Friday, December 5th 2008, 8:23pm

And how much will it cost to rebore scrapped turrets. 15% of the weight of the turrets?