You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 2:14pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
and the United kingdom of the Netherlands due to their ambitions in the Persian Gulf. Any trade agreements with these countries are suspended until further notice.

I'm aware that Persia mixes the UKN and Belgium up, and not liking the expansion of Dutch presence on the Arabian penninsula, and blaming the UKN. However as Persia was specifically citing Belgiums hostility, I thought I would challenge for examples of that.
Persia is free to be ticked off at whomever they wish, but the UKN is meant, say that not Belgium.

A modern day example would be both France and Germany are in the EU, with a common president, a joint military brigade, and members of NATO: cutting relations with Germany for something France did and then blaming the Germans.

A more correct exmple would be Austro-Hungary, we have all seen that the WW allies didnt punish Hungary for A-H policies...

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 2:16pm

Quoted

Now remember, Persia veiws Turkey as an Atlantean puppet (chuckle) dispite many political differences and average relations. Despite this fact however I'm surprised they haven't severed relations with Atlantis and France due to their relations with Russia and Turkey.

What political differences would that be?

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 2:47pm

Quoted

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Quoted

Quoted

and the United kingdom of the Netherlands due to their ambitions in the Persian Gulf. Any trade agreements with these countries are suspended until further notice.

I'm aware that Persia mixes the UKN and Belgium up, and not liking the expansion of Dutch presence on the Arabian penninsula, and blaming the UKN. However as Persia was specifically citing Belgiums hostility, I thought I would challenge for examples of that.
Persia is free to be ticked off at whomever they wish, but the UKN is meant, say that not Belgium.

A modern day example would be both France and Germany are in the EU, with a common president, a joint military brigade, and members of NATO: cutting relations with Germany for something France did and then blaming the Germans.

A more correct exmple would be Austro-Hungary, we have all seen that the WW allies didnt punish Hungary for A-H policies...

Huh? The WW countries absolutely did punish Hungary for A-H policies (just like in OTL), in fact, the punishment continues (the Treaty of Triannon is still in force, and the lands that had been Hungarian but were taken from Hungary in that Treaty are still part of the various countries that border Hungary). Austria was punished exactly after WWI as was in OTL, the only country that got off a bit better than OTL was Germany (Germany got to keep a few better warships), Turkey was punished even worse than OTL.

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 2:50pm

Should have put in a smiley

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 4:27pm

Quoted

No, frankly that is not a more correct example.

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 5:23pm

I dont agree but this is not the right place to discuss it

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 5:28pm

Quoted

Quoted

Now remember, Persia veiws Turkey as an Atlantean puppet (chuckle) dispite many political differences and average relations. Despite this fact however I'm surprised they haven't severed relations with Atlantis and France due to their relations with Russia and Turkey.

What political differences would that be?

Well for starters Atlantis feels that a state of Kurdistan should exist, while Turkey is very opposed to the idea (as I'm sure Persia still is, they certainly were when the idea was floated post war).

Atlantis feels very strongly that Armenia and Azerbaijan deserve independance, while Turkey only agrees because its political suicide to covet the two tiny nations for themselves.

Turkey veiws Romania favorably dispite their support for Poland durring the Lithuania crisis, Atlantis is slowly working towards restoring relations.

Turkey veiws Italy with some favour, while Atlantis doesn't, again, that situation is slowly changing, Italy hasn't ruffled any feathers of late.

Atlantis veiws Britian with favor, while Turkey is not enthusiastic about the Brits.

As for their veiws on Persia, Atlantis hopes for the best while Turkey prepares for the worst.

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 6:02pm

With the exception of the Kurdish question none of that are political differences, simply different foreign relations.

But again this has little do with Motorcycles

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (May 7th 2008, 6:03pm)

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 6:53pm

Quoted

With the exception of the Kurdish question none of that are political differences, simply different foreign relations.

Apples and Oranges, your implying that simply because Atlantis and Turkey prefere Armenian/Azeri independance over foreign invaders that they are one in the same and that they share the same political goals/veiws. Aside from Byzantium, the two have very few issues that relate to the other.

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 8:37pm

Does Turkey have political goals? The only ones stated (so far) are to protect Atlantean interests in the Caucasus and Byzntium.

This are better handled in a separate thread.

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 2:32am

Not protection of "Atlantean interests", protection of the status quo in the region.

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 3:24pm

The IDC has decided to place open ended orders for Moto Benelli 500 VLM for the Gendarmerie & Police while ordering 500 Nimbus Model C (Danish army model) for The Pushtighaban . The IDC has also requested a clarification concerning the 20mm Nimbus, can it be used in a dual AA/AT role?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (May 8th 2008, 7:33pm)

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 7:08pm

Quoted

The IDC has decided to place open ended orders for Moto Benelli 500 VLM for the Gendarmerie & Police while ordering 500 Nimbus for The Pushtighaban . The IDC has also requested a clarification concerning the 20mm Nimbus, can it be used in a dual AA/AT role?

OCC - From what I could make out in the mueseum in Copenhagen, it is dual role as standard, but it appears that you have to basically dis-assemble the trailer for the AA mode, so not something you can bring into action quickly.
All of the action shots I've seen are in the ground target role, the only AA shot I have seen the promo one I posted here.

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 7:16pm

OOC:I asked because the text says its the same weapon but not if it is MC mounted

We will order 60 Nimbus (??) 20mm AT sidecar combinations
and 60 Ammunition carriers

Nice Pic of Nimbus

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (May 8th 2008, 7:53pm)

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 7:37pm

Get a look at this Danish Armored MC Here

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 8:11pm

Heretics!!! To turn a

into such a monstrousity!! :D

Left is Germini (*) Harley and right is Germini (*) Davidsion; Whenever I see these two passing by at work, I think of how desperate the people are to come with a name for a flower...

(*) short for Gerbera Mini

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, May 9th 2008, 3:01am

Quoted

I dont agree but this is not the right place to discuss it

Then feel free to post in the thread I wrote to clarify these matters :
UKN General Info

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (May 9th 2008, 3:01am)

Friday, May 9th 2008, 3:12am

Cant post in the thread ?( (Access Denied), but it still shows that A-H is a more accurate description being an Personal Union with a common constitution

Sunday, May 18th 2008, 12:23am

The IDC has decided to place an open ended order on Nimbus 20mm Sidecars and Ammunition carriers

Sunday, May 18th 2008, 12:42am

[Hic] Nimbus sales department break out the champagne!![/Hic]