You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 3:25am

Well if you are going back up north i have some army blankets you can take with to Lithuania. Might as well put those ships to work, seeing as thats probably the only thing they are going to be used for. Oh and who do I approach to ask nicely if when the time comes I can send Regele Ferdinand through the straits? Promise I won't open fire or cause an international incident.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 3:33am

In peace time the straights are open to anyone with peacefull intentions such as commerse, goodwill and state visits.

The Romanians are more than welcome to visit Istambul/Constantinople on the way.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 3:38am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Might as well put those ships to work, seeing as thats probably the only thing they are going to be used for.

I wouldn't write them off just yet. I can think of some pretty nasty things you can put into a barbette large enough to accomodate quad 15" turrets.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 3:55am

Perhaps four twin 18" turrets?

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 7:36am

Or maybe 17" guns.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 8:15am

Why not just blow everyone out of the water and mount 20" on there.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 8:23am

I was going to say 21" acctually.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 8:50am

Did anyone every build a 21in gun? I can't remember reading about one being built.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 9:14am

... and it looks like the only one.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 9:23am

The Germans built a 31" railgun, the Schwerer Gustav.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerer_Gustav

Only surpassed in size by the 36 inch "Little David" railway Mortar.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 9:38am

I thought he wanted to know specifically about 21 inch guns. You have those guns and if you are looking at Mortars as well, you also got those German 600mm mortars.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 9:49am

And of course, Canada still aspires to one of these;

on each coast. (:

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 10:08am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
I thought he wanted to know specifically about 21 inch guns. You have those guns and if you are looking at Mortars as well, you also got those German 600mm mortars.

The Schwerer Gustav would be the largest caliber rifled weapon (800mm), while the "little David" is the largest mortar (914mm), at least to my knowledge.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 12:12pm

That sounds correct.

We all know what's going to happen with these battleships when they get to Tallinn: they're going into drydock to have the 42cm turrets that were built for them fitted.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 4:20pm

Tallinn Tattler, 4 December 1935

Ships of third Battle Squadron arrived today from their visit to Byzantium, where main battery turrets of Dimitrii Donskoi and Aleksandr Nevskii, along with most of their secondary armament, were left behind to be incorporated into Byzantean coast defenses. Dimitrii Donskoi and Aleksandr Nevskii arrived carrying thousands of tons of Turkish marble sent as an expression of gratitude from Byzantean people to Russian people for this effort to provide for their safety. Third Battle Squadron then visited Palanga in Lithuania, where main battery turrets and secondary armament of Yaroslav Medniy were landed for incorporation into Lithuanian coast defenses. Upon arrival, Flag of Russian Federation Navy was returned to Battlecruiser Izmail, who transferred it to Imperator Petr Veliki on 20 May 1922. Afterwards, Petr Veliki's turrets and guns were removed, and all four hulls are making final preparations to enter drydock for partial reconstruction, which will take up to two years.

Here's your chance, folks, Russia's heaviest hitters will be out of commission for a while!

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 4:38pm

RE: Tallinn Tattler, 4 December 1935

Quoted

Originally posted by AdmKuznetsov
Third Battle Squadron then visited Palanga in Lithuania, where main battery turrets and secondary armament of Yaroslav Medniy were landed for incorporation into Lithuanian coast defenses.

Lithuania is deploying 38.1cm coastal batteries at Palanga? Germany finds that most ..... interesting.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 5:32pm

They are.

The Lithuanian government expressed concern to the Russian Federation government about the defense of their new naval base.

Those concerns are now being addressed, to their complete satisfaction.