You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 10:33pm

Most likely an evolution of the Memnon style tower, perhaps with increased bulk on newer ships.

The Melampus and Atlas class can use refits/rebuilds and may recieve a similar look to the preposed Vengeance class rebuild. The Tyrrhenia class require only minor refits at this time but I suspect they too would get similar treatment.

Monday, February 11th 2008, 2:47am

Version 3 with some Bismarck inspiration for the aft superstructure and additional AA.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, February 11th 2008, 3:20am

1. Pretty
2. I keep thinking another set of DP mounts, mounted just aft of the amid-ships catapult, where the light AA is, would make it look more balanced. Even just moving a set from forward of the cat would help.
3. The Dutch remain happy that Atlantis seems relatively peaceful, because it's in a horrendous place relative to their trade concerns.

Monday, February 11th 2008, 8:01am

I'm liking that more and more...

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, February 11th 2008, 8:52am

Where to put the boats and cranes if you "spill" around those light guns everywhere....?!

That aft superstructure now looks quite heavy, bulky. Destroyes part of her elegant lines... But who said a warship must be good looking? ^^

Monday, February 11th 2008, 4:06pm

Well its still a work in progress so....

I'm considering Kirks idea of moving two of the fore DP mounts aft, that should free up some space for cranes. I like the aft superstructure much more than in the first two but I need to compact it some to free up space for some lifeboats.

Monday, February 11th 2008, 7:24pm

Wes, is it an idea to throw the cat aft (like on the Philomedes and Memnon classes) and use the amidship area for boats? Or do you prefer this look?

Monday, February 11th 2008, 7:49pm

Two catapults aligned along the axis and able to rotate outwards with the area in the middle of the ship left clear for the boats. A big crane as well for the aircraft and boats.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 1:35am

The stern on the Memnon and Philomedes class ships are large enough to use a stern setup, more so in the Philomedes class due to the transom stern. Vengeance, like HMS Hood has a more narrow and shorter stern so theres not alot of room.

I breifly considered an aft of superstructure set up but couldn't come up with a look I liked that didn't cause issues with the guns or dirrectors.

Switching the possition of the hangars to the forward superstructure may be another bossibility.

HoOmAn

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 10:27am

I´d put a large crane behind her second funnel and store the boats around and forward of the latter. Another pair of boats, this time in davits, I´d place in the "gab" forward of the aft secondaries. If you move a pair of secondaries I´d place those boats abreast the second funnel on the weather deck.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 5:41pm

Sounds like the best option, it means the midships 40mm mounts will have to be redistributed though but I have a few ideas.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 7:55pm

How about this, Wes? Of course the secondaries don't have to be mounted on the shelterdeck but I'm think less spray interference when Vengeance is operating at speed. Such would be less of a problem for a slower ship. eg: Renown vs Valiant.

HoOmAn

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 10:11pm

Boats! I want boats!

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 10:44pm

Nice Boats?

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 10:45pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Boats! I want boats!

NOT BOATS SHIPS

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 12:15am

Oh yeah ---- the boats!

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 2:41am

I like! I think you just completed her Monty! Just a few minor esthetic changes and voila!

Thank you kindly Monty.

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 4:58am

No problem Wes, only too glad to help. I've admired your 'Vengeance' for quite some time and have been wondering when you were going to rebuild her.

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 6:12am

The plan had been to begin modernization once the Philomedes class were near completion, after the treaty had expired. Given the way current events are transpiring that may speed up somewhat as the CT is a walking corpse.

I was starting to get the rebuilt Vengeance to look really nice but I have to say adding your touch has made a huge difference, kinda like Renown meets Jean Bart, just the look I was aiming for.

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 6:15am

I agree. I can actually say she retains the good looks which attracted me to her original incarnation. An attractive and useful-looking ship...