You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 2:20am

Quoted

Originally posted by Earl822
OOC: There seems to be a lot of non league members voting round here, or has the league grown a lot in the last 2 days.

Actually the historic league encompassed most countries. It's just some of us general assembly nations were voting when we shouldn't. But since we're allowed to make our opinion known, it's about the same.

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 7:04am

Quoted

Im presuming this is a vote in the Assemby by which we all have to vote and majority vote rules?

As far as I know, this is being handled by the Council, not the General Assembly.

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 5:02am

David Tarkowski found his way into the League of Nations council chamber blocked by a solid phalanx of League of Nations security guards, he wasn't particularly surprised given his earlier rather dramatic entrance to the chambers several days ago. But much to his own surprise the people in Wilno had gotten back to him relatively rapidly before the 18th of July.

He handed two sealed documants to the commanding officer of the guards, and asked him to direct one document each to the attention of the Bulgarian delegate Mr. Kiosseivanoff, and the Polish Foreign Minister Mital. He then took a seat on a nearby upholstered bench and waited.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Agent148" (Feb 13th 2008, 11:17pm)

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 9:45pm

Polish Foreign Minister Thaddeus Mital delivered the response of the Republic of Wilno to the Persian Proposal to the League's Council.

Wilno Republican Comments on the LoN "Persian" Wilno-Lithuanian ceasefire proposals

Wilno First Parliment's comments on LoN Wilno-Lithuanian Ceasefire Proposal

Point 1: Immediate Ceasefire.

The Wilno Republic agrees to this providing the Lithuanian Governmental forces do so.
Due to communications constraints on/within Wilno Republican Army, it will take approximately 72-36 hours from the Wilno Government's receit of the ceasefire to get all units in the field to cease field operations and stand down. With the establishment of a 500 yard/meter neutral/cease-fire zone, 250 yards either side of the Wilno-Lithuanian border to be established.

Point 2: Authorizing a LoN Task Force that excludes FAR and PRJ nations.

The Wilno Republic believes it has no say in this matter in any event as it is largely an LoN administrative/internal political matter. So it's agreement either for or against is irrelevent.

Point 3: Withdrawal of all foreign troops in Lithuania.

The Wilno Republic agrees to this, providing the Polish Government does. Russian troops must be withdrawn before Polish troops. The Wilno Republic also demands the withdrawal of Foreign mercenaries
from the area of conflict.

Point 4: Peace talks to begin as soon as the cease-fire is in effect.

The Wilno Republic agrees to this, and recommends either Stockholm, Nordmark or Koenigsburg, Germany or Geneva, Switzerland as a meeting site, whichever is most preferable to the majority of participates. the cease-fire conference to be chaired by King Carl Philip of Nordmark regardless of eventual location selected.

Point 5: The Wilno Republic to be under LoN administration for the duration of the talks.

The Wilno Republic agrees to this, providing a list detailing the units and commanders (type of units and nationality, etc) of the LoN Task Force is provided along with the names of the cantidate(s) for LoN's Chief Administrator is forwarded before the occupation takes place to the Wilno Republic.

Point 6: The Wilno Republic forces to put their arms under LoN control for the duration of the talks.

The Wilno Republic demands clairification on this point before any agreement can be reached. Does this point mean that the Wilno Army and Air Service, Letowska Guards, and Civic Guards units will be required to surrender temporarily all their armaments,
equipments and munitions to the LoN Task Force (to be placed in designated and LoN guarded Depots) until such time as an agreement shall be reached via the cease-fire conference?

OOC: IMO the date should be around early morning of the 15th to noon of the same day. The actions in Lithuania are based in the assumption that the League will reach a decision soon and a ceasefire would be imposed.

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 9:59pm

Kiosseivanoff had just finished reading the copy of the same document which the Polish ambassador read. While he understood the Wilno request to have the Russians withdrawn before the Polish, he feared that request would be the largest stumbling block to achieving a rapid cease-fire.

What would prevent the Polish and Wilno rebels from counterattacking again, just when the Russians were out of the way? Kiosseivanoff wondered. It would be a stupid thing to do... but then I would not have credited this mess happening if it wasn't for the late Polish stupidity.

As Minister Mital read off the response from Wilno, Kiosseivanoff jotted down several notes.

Quoted

Suggest that Russians and Polish withdraw according to a pre-agreed timetable.

Address point six: how to deal with Wilno arms and armies?

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 10:16pm

Foreign Minister Stressemann considered the Wilno Republic's answers for a long minute.

"On point 3, while the answer is completely predictable, it is also one that will cause the process to founder as the Lithuanian side will demand the exact opposite, that Polish troops withdraw first. Germany would propose that all foreign forces withdraw simultaneously to phase lines, agreed on in advance with the LoN force commander."

"On point 6, Germany would suggest that the request for further clarification be phrased as such. But the requirement for disarmament seems to be clearly enough understood, though Germany would look poorly upon a quick renaming of some force to try to skirt the terms of the agreement."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (Feb 13th 2008, 10:31pm)

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 10:28pm

Tatarescu sat in his chair, thinking to himself as Mittal read out Wilno's response

Well this is going to put things in a pickle, id imagine. While it is perfectly reasonable for the Wilno government to ask for the Russians to leave first, considering the last time we were going into negotiations, the Lithuanians decided to attack before the cease-fire was to be put in place, so I can understand their wish for the Russians to leave first. However, others will likely say that it gives the opportunity for the Polish-Wilno forces to crush the Lithuanians. Well if Romania was militarily stronger, then I would advocate a cease-fire, followed by a joint withdrawal of Polish and Russian forces, followed by a guarntee that should the Russians or the Poles make aggressive moves then they would face an immediate Romanian invasion. However, such a threat is not worthwile to make, and other nations would defiantely shoot it down portraying it as "Romainan aggression," when in reality I am sick of this mess, and want it too stop. Best to wait for others response first, although Atlantis will probably in objection, and Poland in favor.

Thursday, February 14th 2008, 11:38am

Dong Sen Feng, the chinese ambassador stood up and says ...

Dear Ambassadors,

It's time to catch the beast called war before the spark raise to a hungry flame which destroy everything.
For this reason, immediate ceasefire is necessary before any negotiations take place. Only in this way, the
participating nations show their true will to find a peaceful solution in the conflict. China is ready take over
the role of the "arbitrator" and Beijing, as a venue for advice, because the negotiations should be hold at
a neutral place.

Friday, February 15th 2008, 5:59am

Bernotas, inwardly cringed as he listened to Mital read out the Wilno Insurrectionists response to the Persian cease-fire proposal. He still awaited a telegramed response to his reports on the League of Nations debate, and he had a pretty fair idea of what the response would be, and he was also pretty certain that the League wouldn't be any happier to hear it then they had the Insurrectionists.

Stressemann had a valid point about the Insurrectionist response to point 6, it was a dodge, diplomatic hair splitting probably to buy time. He was also right about point 3 and the Lithuanian government's most likely response to the Wilno demand.

Stressemann was also right to sound a warning about the possiblility of the Insurrectionists dressing up some sort of secret resistance group in other clothes, even when the main Wilno armed units were effectively stood down. Then again , a wry smile threatened to quirk his lips, the Germans had plenty of experience themselves at evading or undermining that sort of diplomatically imposed military shackles .

Bernotas, turned and listened only half-interested when Dong Sen Feng stood up and began speaking, so it took a few moments for what he was saying to register. When it did his eyebrows shot up in disbelief, the Chinese diplomat couldn't be serious?!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Agent148" (Feb 15th 2008, 6:02am)

Friday, February 15th 2008, 9:10am

Dong Feng Sen noted the lack of interest by some ambassadors during his brief speech. "Are some men dissatisfied with my speech ? I speak the truth, when I say that this is the only way the will at peace will be shown ? China knows what it is talking, as it has on them personally experienced how it is when civil war hits the country. Or do you disagree Dear Ambassador Bernotas ?"

Friday, February 15th 2008, 3:25pm

Esteemed delegates!

While Persia can understand that the Atlanto-Russian block is playing for time to crush the insurrection and Poland. We cannot understand the other sides reluctance to agree to the fair conditions laid down.

I have also been instructed by my Government to revoke the offer of Persian participation in a future LoN force as Russia has already named one of our allies as an enemy and considering the Atlanto-Russian behaviour lately they feel that sending the cream of our security forces to the Baltics would be unwise.

Friday, February 15th 2008, 3:40pm

Dong Sen Feng shake his head ...

Should we therefore start a World War ? I think that is not what we want. So what should we do ?

The weapons must immediately be silent !!! This is the basic precondition for negotiations! With the start of negotiations MUST all foreign nations retreat their forces to the old borders. Then a solution could be found, which is satisfactory for ALL.

Friday, February 15th 2008, 4:49pm

I find it odd that the Atlanteans are somehow blocking peace....by accepting the Persian preposal?

Maybe I should have just walked out of the talks instead?

Friday, February 15th 2008, 5:18pm

Yes Atlantis has worked for peace real hard, encouraging the
Russian intervention, Encouraging and arming the Lithuanians, Calling for Poland to be occupied.

Friday, February 15th 2008, 5:33pm

French FM Laval replies

Quoted

Yes Atlantis has worked for peace real hard, encouraging the Russian intervention.

The Russian government fulfilled their treaty obligations to their Lithuanian ally, as specified in the Treaty of Kaunas. My colleague Russian foreign minister Litvinov has explained to me the reasons for the ir support of Lithuania. Atlantean encouragement played no role whatever.

Quoted

Encouraging and arming the Lithuanians.

Please specify the Atlantean arms supplied to Lithuania, and explain why the Lithuanian government needed Atlantean encouragement to suppress unlawful rebellion and repel Polish invasion.

Quoted

Calling for Poland to be occupied.

I can think of few more effecatious ways of dealing with countries that break the peace.

My Persian and Chinese colleagues, allow me to assure you that the Lithuanian crisis will not expand into a wider war, for the simple reason that the Russian Federation has ample capacity to promptly and decisively win it should it occur.

Friday, February 15th 2008, 5:37pm

We are sure that the worlds sleeps a lot better now that Russia has declared that it can easily defeat SATSUMA, that should lower tensions.

Friday, February 15th 2008, 5:44pm

Calls for unilateral action are unwise and set a dubious precedent for the future. Italy believes that such calls are ill advised and that there is no legal basis for action.

Friday, February 15th 2008, 6:07pm

Romania's delegate stands up to speak

Gentlemen, while we do stand for peace, we do find it interesting to point out that according to my memory all Poland wanted at the beginning of our discussions was to restore the July 8th lines, and then withdraw in preparation for a peace conference. It was Atlantis that "heightened already high tensions," by calling for either a League occupation of Poland, or a restriction on their armaments, something no matter what government stands in Bucharest we will not support. Also, as too Russia's threat that she can "take us all," that is a matter for the generals, and we merely point to her record in the Great War as to the falseness of her claims. However my government has authorized me to warn the Russian delegates that should Russia step one foot upon Polish soil, then she may find her Black Sea Ports cut off from outside trade by the Royal Romanian Navy.

Friday, February 15th 2008, 6:28pm

The Bulgarian representative snorted at that one. "Romania intends to blockade Russia? Now that's a load of hot air if I ever heard it..."

*Doesn't eat popcorn, but grabs a bag of skittles to watch the fireworks.*

Friday, February 15th 2008, 6:33pm

Overheard conversation between the Aussies:

"Hmm... the situtation is looking good. All we have to do is get SATSUMA and FAR blazing at each other and we kill two birds with one stone."

"But how do we do that?"

"I don't know...perhaps luring a Filipino tanker* into Vladivostock?"

*OOC We are badly overdue for a smoking Filipino... :evil: