You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 8th 2008, 6:03am

Persia Request for Proposal

Persia is looking for 15 Aircrafts suitable for Search and Rescue operations.

Friday, February 8th 2008, 6:36am

Kaprioni Bulgarski offers the Ca.310/dro seaplane, based off the Ca.310 bomber.

Friday, February 8th 2008, 9:34am

Britain can offer the following.

Supermarine Stranraer: this traditional six-seat flying boat has an all-metal hull and fabric covered biplane wings and was the winner of Spec R.24/31 to replace the Southampton I-IV series and the Singapore I-II flying boats. The armament is three .303in Vickers 'K' MGs.
Dimensions; 85/ 54.10/ 21.9/ 1,457 sq ft; 2x 875hp Bristol Pegasus X; max speed 165mph; range 1,000 miles and service ceiling 18,500ft.

Friday, February 8th 2008, 9:46am

reserved as I havnt finished my floatplane yet...

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, February 8th 2008, 10:55am

The pages about the Royal South African Airforce are still incomplete but there is one design that might fit your needs:

AeroDynamics RBW-9B "Dragonfly" (alias Heinkel He 59)

The Dragonfly is designed as a long range recce plane to controll shipping and fishing in the Empires own and adjacent waters. With her crew of four (Pilot, Navigator/Bombardier and two Engineer/Gunner) she can remain on patrol for eight hours. During such long flights her armament is generally limited to four 125kg bombs under her wings and her three machineguns. If used as a strike aircraft against hostile shipping her bombload can be increased to a total of 600kg or a torpedo under her fuselage. The increased bombload comes at a cost of some range but enables the RBW-9B to deal out lethal blows. In a second role the large floatplane is used for rescue mission for which it remains unarmed. In 1928 an order of 40 planes for four squadrons and four trainers was placed.

A RBW-9B at her base

This Dragonfly is used for unarmed rescue mission

Line drawings of the AD RBW-9B

First Flight: 28.6.1927
Type: Long range reconnaissance plane and bomber
Power: 2x 650PS 12-cyl.-engine (inline)
Crew: 4
Vmax: 235km/h
Vcruise: 170km/h
Range: 1200km or up to 8h on patrol
Weapons: 600kg bombs or 1 torpedo, 3 7,62mm MG

Friday, February 8th 2008, 12:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Kaprioni Bulgarski offers the Ca.310/dro seaplane, based off the Ca.310 bomber.

Unfortunately, the Ca.310 doesn't exist yet, and probably won't be built at all. The Ca.309 does exist as a transport/utility aircraft to be used as a possible base.

Friday, February 8th 2008, 3:55pm

A qustion to SAE and UK, both aircraft can switch roles with little preparation (SAR to Recon-Bomber)?

Friday, February 8th 2008, 4:21pm

With bomb racks fitted upto 1,000lbs of bombs or DCs can be carried by the Supermarine Stranraer.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 1:58am

Persia has decided to order 9 AeroDynamics RBW-9B "Dragonfly" and 9 Supermarine Stranraer, when can delivery be expected?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 10:33am

Delivery of the Dragonflys can be expected for November 1935 the earliest. The planes delivered will be D-models with a bit more power and slightly improved stats.

(I told ya, my encyclopedia is not up to date. :o/)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 11:13am

Deliveries can begin from Supermarine in October at the rate of three a month.