You are not logged in.

Saturday, February 17th 2007, 4:44am

(Note: the last item above has been expanded.)

31 December
Report from Fourth Army to Exército HQ

Forces advancing along the Santa Cruz road met little resistance. Have reached Santa Cruz and linked up with Chilean and Peruvian forces. Truck transport only moderatly reliable but given the lack of resistance proved invaluable in assisting our speed of advance...

Forces detached to take Trinidad report slightly stiffer resistance and are 15km south of the city...

Forces moving south into Beni from Guajará-Mirim report somewhat stiffer resistance and slower progress from same and lack of reliable roads in the area...

Airfields at San José de Chiquitos and Roboré appear to have been used to evacuate surviving FANB aircraft. Most destroyed in air combat [SIZE=1](1)[/SIZE] but some captured, list of aircraft captured enclosed... [SIZE=1](2)[/SIZE]

---

(1) More like "bushwhacked while trying to flee back west". Sledgehammer, meet walnut. Aircraft of the FANB destroyed in aerial combat by FAB forces:
1 Curtiss Hawk IA
1 Curtiss Hawk II
1 Vickers 143 Bolivian Scout
2 Vickers 149 Vespa III
1 Ford Tri-Motor
1 Caudron C.97
1 Avro 504
2 Curtiss CW-14R Osprey
1 Junkers F-13L
1 Moraine-Salnier MS.139

(2) Aircraft of the FANB captured by Brazilian forces:
1 Bleriot Spad S.34-1
2 Breguet Bre.19A.2
1 Curtiss Hawk II
4 Curtiss CW-14R Osprey
1 Moraine-Saulnier MS.139
1 Junkers Ju 52/3m

The Hawk II, Ju 52 and CW-14s are likely to wind up in FAB service, while the rest will be probably turned over to whatever remains of the rump Bolivian state once the final peace treaty is hammered out.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Swamphen" (Feb 17th 2007, 6:35pm)

Saturday, February 17th 2007, 1:33pm

Small point. Santa Cruz is already on the hands of the Peruvian Army since December 9th. I guess we are in a war of propaganda now. :D

Saturday, February 17th 2007, 2:23pm

[You've noted yourself that you're just occupying the city. I believe he's talking about the entire province.]

Saturday, February 17th 2007, 4:14pm

The I-100's first combat kills. Just wait until mine get in action! (oohps did I say that out loud?)
:evil:

Certainly some troops and aircraft might have already escaped into neighbouring Paraguay to escape the war to either fight for the rebels or to try and get Paraguay involved (which won't happen). At least I'll assume that as my storyline progresses. It will give the government forces there some much needed manpower and ammo to continue the fight.

Saturday, February 17th 2007, 6:38pm

Quoted

Small point. Santa Cruz is already on the hands of the Peruvian Army since December 9th. I guess we are in a war of propaganda now. :D

Now where'd I put those Men in Straw Hats (™ Gran Colombia) ...
:evil: :D

(last news post edited a touch to reflect Perberian presence at Santa Cruz)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Swamphen" (Feb 17th 2007, 6:39pm)

Monday, February 19th 2007, 5:44pm

An ex-FANB Curtiss Osprey hurriedly re-painted in FAB colours.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Swamphen" (Feb 19th 2007, 5:45pm)