You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, September 15th 2006, 10:44pm

Quebec's earmarked for a cruiser in the near future.

I'd consider Excelsior, but I think that's better to wait for the first super battleship laid down after the treaty collapse. :P

Right now I'm thinking HMCS Bonaventure and HMCS Pegasus

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 12:10am

Into the Delta Triangle we go....

Lost ships that returned....or so they say...in science ficton

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 12:39am

In its pre-Canadian days, the Newfoundland coastal fleet had a ship named SS Bonaventure. I think the name means good luck. There was also a sistership named SS Belleventure which I think means lady luck. I can't say she lived up to her name though, she was the ship that brought home most of the 77 dead sealers from the "Newfoundland Disaster" in 1914.

IIRC, naming the new RCN light fleet carrier HMCS Bonaventure was as much to bring the Francophones on side with the navy as anything else.

Bonaventure does have a nice ring to it though, almost as nice as Bonavista.

Regards,
Monty

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 1:09am

Time Trap

But then we'll have National Canadian Construction building vessels...right?

Image from http://www.startrekanimated.com

She and Pegasus can go out and find the missing Kongos.

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 1:21am

What class is that?

Looks like a squashed Constitution...

(I personally like this, myself.)

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 2:08am

Monty,

That's very interesting. I wonder if the name choice had anything to do with the college?

Swampy,

I've always thought this ship eptiomized the spacefaring capital ship.

THANKS CANIS!!! See, naval warfare is not he Wolf's only art...

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 2:41am

It's a Space Alligator!!

mmm, Battlestars... ^_^

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 2:49am

Quoted

Originally posted by 1Big Rich
I've always thought this ship eptiomized the spacefaring capital ship.

I'm kind of partial to

myself. (:

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 3:40am

Actually started drawing on the PC with B5 ships, then branched out to other Sci-Fi genres, then got somewhat burned out on Sci-Fi and switched to surface ships, with a foray into Galactica over the past couple years with the new series. That Galactica drawing is the last major starship drawing I've done, since it was during its construction that my eyes started going south.

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 4:01am

I think it's safe to say you have many fans of your work, Canis, and we all hope your eyes get better.

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 5:12am

Back in the ealry 70s

I always perfered the refitted Constitutions (or Enterprise-class as we use to call them). But I liked her best without the "-A", for some reason the plan refit version looked better.

But the Bonaventure was an Animated Trek ship, shown only in one episode. Said to be one of the first ships with Warp Drive...What they mean by that now-a-days is a mystery. Lost on her third deep space mission.

But Battlestars will do...

Now, shouldn't the Canadians build a aet of carriers or battleships (or one of each based on the same hull) named Eagle and Canada?

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 6:06am

You seem to have both of them, Ith. :P

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 7:29am

Quoted

Originally posted by BCRenown
IIRC, naming the new RCN light fleet carrier HMCS Bonaventure was as much to bring the Francophones on side with the navy as anything else.
Regards,
Monty

If she didn't I'm sure the HMCS Quebec would have with her 9x6" guns.

As for Star Trek ships, I like the Sabre and Akira class ships, very aggressive lines. All they need is a Sovereign class vessel to lead their task force!

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 1:59pm

Quoted

But the Bonaventure was an Animated Trek ship, shown only in one episode. Said to be one of the first ships with Warp Drive...What they mean by that now-a-days is a mystery. Lost on her third deep space mission.

Ah...now I remember seeing something about that. I don't have the reference handy, but IIRC the thought is that the Bonaventure-class was the first ship with a dilithium-crystal-using warp drive.

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 6:06pm

Quoted

You seem to have both of them, Ith. :P

Naw, those are just Nordmark built dreadnoughts (and longer too). The British ships never got built, though I image the Emperor of India was likely the Canada since this is Wesworld and India's not part of the Empire.

And you are probably right Swamphen, just materials for the Animated Series are fewer since they still don't consider it canon, and therefore keep it out of most publications.

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 4:43am

Has anyone noticed the coincidence? The first carriers for Australia and Canada called HMCS Bonaventure and HMAS Enterprise.

As for spacefaring capital ship there is but one choice:

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 5:06am

So we have 3 ships named Enterprise now? Sheesh...

P.S. I match your ISD and raise you a Sathanas.

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 7:17am

Not touching that one...I've killed Star Destroyers easier than one of those things....and I've seen them kill a star. Of course there were like thousands of them...

I want Freespace 3 to be made now that you've reminded me of it.

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 7:33am

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
Not touching that one...I've killed Star Destroyers easier than one of those things....and I've seen them kill a star. Of course there were like thousands of them...

I want Freespace 3 to be made now that you've reminded me of it.

Alpha 1 could take out three star destroyers in a day. The Sathanas is basically invulnerable. :/

FreeSpace 3 would be amazing, but unlikely... I dunno what Volition (the FS developer) is up to these days. The fan community is still pumping out mods and campaigns though, so there's a huge amount of replay value.

Imagine WesWorld set in the Freespace universe... that was NodeWars. Too bad it's over now. :/

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 7:35am

...if you go to zha'ha'dum, you will die.