You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, September 20th 2003, 4:08pm

On Nordmark royalty

While I have gone for Royal names that are as historical for Sweden, I realised just quite recently that the historical Swedish royals do not fit neatly into my timeline. As a result, I am changing some things.

I have decided that Gustav V, present king of Nordmark, is born several decades later than Gustav V, king of Sweden, historically was. He is therefore born, in WesWorld, in 1881, was married in 1906 to HR&IH Princess Victoria of the South African Empire, and ascended the throne in 1907. They still have no children (there was a still-birth in 1914), and the present Heir Presumptive is the 26 year old brother of the King, HRH Prince Carl Phillip. The succession to the throne is by principle of male primogeniture - male heirs within a subset are always preferred to female heirs within same subset.

Saturday, September 20th 2003, 8:43pm

Thanks for the notes. Good to see you back, Peng. I can understand why you've need a bit of time for this project. I'm quite intrigued and surprised - events have not been what I expected.

I'll have to determine a German reaction at some point.

You're getting close to the end of the quarter - let us know when you're ready to flip into Q3.