You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 7:02am

I knew about Bolivar and San Martin. Interesting fact is when Bolivar steped down as leader and later died so did the co-allition of country's he liberated.

Whats different in wesworld is that Equador and Panama do not seem to have been liberated from Spain by Bolivar. Did the Iberians change tactics and go all softy?

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 7:20am

I'd say so. The juncture is the founding of Iberia in 1812. This can only have been possible by a much more tolerant outlook. I wasn't aware that Peru was the seat of power, otherwise i would have claimed it instead of Ecuador. *shrug*

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 8:08am

I think the attitude of the Chileans to an Iberia-US war would be 'what a shame they both can't loose'. Chile had been smacked by the US in 1891IIRC over the Brooklyn Affair. That plus Spain's actions at Valparaiso in 1866 and I can't see Chile being in favor of either side.

Cheers,

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 8:36am

If Iberia expects to retain any position in SA then it would need to retain Peru. Argentina was gutted by SAE in the 1850's - bit like Nordmark taking Prussia in 1850's and pretending that this has no impact on the rise of German Nationalism... ouch - thats my head again : ( and now rump Argentina is buying BC from Italy - oowwww I'm gonna lie down. Please don't be offended anyone - it's my problem...I'll shut up now - I've said too much.

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 2:49pm

Thinking too much makes it hurt, Roger.

That said, I don't recall Nordmark including any chunks of Prussia.

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 5:30pm

I think Argentina was gutted in the 1880s (only a slight difference, but it makes the War of the Pacific more interesting when the Chilean Navy attempts to help its 'enemy' against a foreign invasion. Local problems are one thing, but empires looking to make new dominions on what you might look on as your soil is another).
This shift in power in South America averted the Civil War, and since even if the new president was "Chile for Chileans" the Americans would be more behind Chile (against the British and South Africans) as it stood to keep the Old World out of the Western Hemisphere as best it could. The 'Baltimore Affair' might have still happened, but without the switch in govenment during the Civil War, the war scare would likely not have happened.

However, in the 1890s or early part of the 1900s Chile had to have started getting naval aid from both Britian and Nordmark. Probably by seeing the weakening of Argentian as a bonus without gaining support from the South Africa invaders directly, as they would still be considered a threat during that generation.