You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 17th 2005, 10:13am

Danish Admiralty relocates........

......hopefully

Just put a bid in on this place....wish us luck!

http://www2.myhome.ie/search/property.as…rch&searchlist=

Friday, June 17th 2005, 10:22am

You'll need that luck, its a very nice house indeed.

Just out of curiousity whats the exchange rate for Euro's to Canadian? seems like its in a similar price range to houses here in Vancouver of a similar size.

Friday, June 17th 2005, 6:15pm

Nice house. Hope you'll be the lucky one.
... and the current exchange rate is...
1.49 CAD for one Euro

Friday, June 17th 2005, 9:14pm

With AANM behind you, I think your chances are good.

Good luck - make sure there's somewhere for us to crash if we come visiting.

Saturday, June 18th 2005, 12:14am

Quoted

Good luck - make sure there's somewhere for us to crash if we come visiting.

Make sure that Manzo's not with you, though...

Best of luck with the house.

RLBH

Saturday, June 18th 2005, 12:22am

how's this for fate.......
2 swedish ex-workmates ("stunners" both!) dropped by my shop today, and I was showing them pics of the house, when one of them remarked that it looked very "Danish".

Did I mention that they were home in Sweden long before I discovered WesWorld?

Spooky or what???

Saturday, June 18th 2005, 10:50am

Theres only one Swede I wouldn't want to run into, anyone ever seen "heartbreak ridge" with Clint Eastwood?

Saturday, June 18th 2005, 11:42am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Theres only one Swede I wouldn't want to run into, anyone ever seen "heartbreak ridge" with Clint Eastwood?

Swede! Swede! Swede!

Saturday, June 18th 2005, 12:03pm

Now you mention it, it does look very Danish actually.

The swede I don't want to meet is a root vegetable. Disgusting things, especially roasted.

Saturday, June 18th 2005, 1:19pm

Good Luck,

It looks very sweet. Danish? It's not made of gingerbread is it? ; )

I don't think the missus could live with the neighbours so close.

Um, where does the car go?

Cheers,

Saturday, June 18th 2005, 1:37pm

Quoted

Chicken in the ca', the ca' don' go...

:-)

Sunday, June 19th 2005, 2:35am

Quoted

Originally posted by alt_naval

There is a gravel parking area about 10 metres by 20 metres in front of the house for cars (just visible in photo), but I'm more interested in the side entrance, so the bike can go around the back into the shed!!

Sunday, June 19th 2005, 3:02am

Quoted

but I'm more interested in the side entrance, so the bike can go around the back into the shed!!

*Builds brick wall on the side of thehouse*
... you were saying?
:-)
BTW, when will you know whether you have succeeded or not?

Sunday, June 19th 2005, 1:31pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
BTW, when will you know whether you have succeeded or not?

There are still 2 more viewings to happen that I am aware of, and we are at the second of those for an inspection with the Mrs.'s father and brother (both have experience from the construction industry).
Assuming they say that it's all in one piece and not in danger of sliding into the stream behind it, we just have to hold on and hope that another buyer doesn't outbid us.

As it stands at the moment, the bidding runs as follows....
starting bid (Thursday) = E 340,000.00 = us
next day (10.30am) = E 341,000.00 = opposition
immediate reply (10.31am) = E 342,000.00 = us

Nothing else so far, so that 341 bid might just have been to see if we were serious, but we should (hopefully) have an answer in about 10 days.

Sunday, June 19th 2005, 9:47pm

Good luck!

Monday, June 20th 2005, 11:31pm

them = 343,000 (same them!)
Us = 344,000..........
tic toc tic toc tic toc..............

Your opinions please, if the other guy goues to 345,
should I go to 350 to see if he will be scared off, or just keep going as we are??

Tuesday, June 21st 2005, 12:48am

Oops, sorry. that was me - Is that what that 'bid' button on the website does? *just kidding*

Just don't go over your budget.

The other guy isn't a vendor bid?

Have you heard of a Dutch auction? A room full of people, the bidding starts too high, say at 500,000 and then comes down. The first person to raise their hand wins. Stressful eh?

Cheers,

Tuesday, June 21st 2005, 1:09am

Quoted

Have you heard of a Dutch auction? A room full of people, the bidding starts too high, say at 500,000 and then comes down. The first person to raise their hand wins. Stressful eh?

Sounds familiar. That's the way the flowers are auctioned. This is much faster than when you go up with the price everytime.

Tuesday, June 21st 2005, 12:28pm

finglas? friggin' finglas? that'll make cycling to your place entertaining ;)

Tuesday, June 21st 2005, 3:29pm

Quoted

Your opinions please, if the other guy goues to 345, should I go to 350 to see if he will be scared off, or just keep going as we are??

If you'd otherwise be happy to pay 350 for the place, and can afford to do so, by all means - fire away.

But it might not be a bad idea to set a cap on what you're willing to bid, so you don't wind up getting too carried away.