You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 2nd 2003, 12:00am

Territorial stuff

Having joined the game late I have a few questions when looking at the map:

- Australia: you don't claim NZ?
- India: you have Bangladesh but not India? How that?
- UK, USA and NL: could we have their territories please? Just so we know who we run into with any colonial adventures?

cheers

Bernhard

Saturday, August 2nd 2003, 12:52am

territory's

Hooman (i beleive) requested that we show the U.S. and british territory's in the lates version of the map. It sounds like a good idea to me so the next map will have these marked out!

Tuesday, August 5th 2003, 9:43pm

The version I received accurately portrays alt-India borders - including India itself. In bright green, no less.

I'm assuming that my temporary occupation of a chunk of Yemen doesn't warrant a splash of green there.

Wes: If you're really in the mood for it, how about adding in who claims what sectors of Antarctica?

Tuesday, August 5th 2003, 9:59pm

ok

Who else has antartica? If yemen is a temperary territory then yes it would not warrent a splash of green. Are you sure its temperary? Do you like bright green? lol

Tuesday, August 5th 2003, 10:17pm

Orange and black tiger stripes would better suit India, but bright green is new and exciting, just like India.

Yemen's intended to be temporary. Doesn't mean it'll stay that way, of course.

I don't think India has any claim to Antarctica, but I know several of our other nations do historically. It would be good to know this in case anybody wants a slice of the pie.

Tuesday, August 5th 2003, 10:46pm

Nordmark is making the historical Norwegian claim in Antarctica, the wedge between 20 degrees West and 50 degrees East.

Wednesday, August 6th 2003, 2:14am

Antarctic claims

The Republic of France claims 50 degrees East to 75 degrees East and 120 degrees West to 165 degrees West.

Government of Russian Federation reserves right to make claim in future.

Thursday, August 14th 2003, 10:26am

Territorial stuff...

Three things...
1) At the request of the Empress and 'some' (read: a lot)other influential people, Japan will claim the 180 to 150 East sector of Antarctica.
2) Should our nations hold a convention regarding the claims on Antarctica ?
3) Does any nation have territories that are not a part of their nation like India's occupation of North Yemen or Japan's heavy influence on Taiwan and Korea (which are not quite part of the Empire yet) ?

Walter

Thursday, August 14th 2003, 1:04pm

I'm not happy how I typed that last bit (I am using the computer here at work, and I think it was about 5 to 10 degrees Celsius here and I was running out of time) so let me rephrase that number three.

When the Rock Doctor said that he assumed that his temporary occupation of North Yemen didn't warrant a splash of green there and Wes replied that if it were temporarily, it would not be necessary.
I thought that stuff like that could be marked differently on the map, with the green stripes in that area that India was occupying, so I sent an example to Wes and offered to help him out with those details. He tought it to be a good idea...

... which brings us to that point three. I've already sent a piece of Hindi occupied Yemen, and took the liberty of spitting Yemen into the Historical North and South Yemen (South Yemen being controlled by Great Britain). I did the same for Taiwan and Korea. I changed North and South Korea to just Korea and marked these two bits to indicate that while both bits are considered neutral and not part of the Japanese Empire, Japan did put a pro-Japanese government in control of those two nations.
I also marked Nordmark's claim and France's claim on Antarctica this way.
So what I'd like to know is if any of the other nations out there that have any occupied (non colonial) territories, politically contolled territories (not part of your nation yet), or claims on Antarctica, or any other reason you can think of. You can either post it in this thread or e-mail me about that.

Walter
(damn it's cold here)

Monday, August 25th 2003, 7:17am

territorial claim!

Atlantis would like to claim the Antartic region between 60 and 90 degrees west including the tip of the penisula for sceintific purposes including iceflow study and other geographic research.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, August 31st 2003, 10:53am

Map?

Is there a map showing which territories in the Antarctis are claimed? Being quite close the SAE surely would also claim some land but I have no idea of it...

So far: The SAE claims the whole Antarctis! :o)

Sunday, August 31st 2003, 10:58am

I'll send you one right away Hooman. BTW welcome back. I hope you enjoyed your break.

Walter

Sunday, August 31st 2003, 10:59am

slight delay...

... that is, after I put Atlantis on that map. :-)

Walter

Sunday, August 31st 2003, 6:55pm

I just realized that my question about India was inane: what I meant is why India does not claim Pakistan? When did it break away?

Bernhard

Sunday, August 31st 2003, 8:11pm

If I recall correctly, that part of the border corresponds roughly with the extent of the Moghal Empire just when the Brits were starting to take an interest in the place. Without the benefit of a single unifying sovereign, I assumed that the British were able to take hold of Pakistan. Consequently, Indian expansion was later directed east and south...

From a role-playing perspective, I like the idea of having a strong British presence to the northwest - strong enough to influence my deployments, but also an NPC.