You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 13th 2020, 9:49am

And of course you can't forget when they tested a Jaguar on the nearly finished M55 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeBZ3xbgN_M

Thursday, February 13th 2020, 9:57am

Nice! :thumbsup:

Wednesday, February 26th 2020, 1:00pm

Just a small snippet

Wednesday, March 25th 2020, 4:00pm

For those of you stuck at home due to Plagues and Pandemics, Osprey Publishing is giving away five free ebooks a week on their website.

Wednesday, March 25th 2020, 4:10pm

Thanks for sharing. This could prove very interesting.

Saturday, April 11th 2020, 5:31pm

I discovered a very interesting blog that details the use of World War II equipment used post war.. Coverns all sorts of WW2 gear and its use by many countries. Check it out.

Monday, April 13th 2020, 11:34am

That is a great blog, I came across it last year. The Chernobyl clean-up article is very informative.

Monday, April 27th 2020, 11:00pm

Now here's an interesting one.

One Hundred Years of Chinese Army Uniforms.

Monday, April 27th 2020, 11:10pm

And I'll add in another potentially interesting channel recommendation. A naval historian by the name of Dr. Alexander Clarke has started filming some of his lectures, as well as conducting Q&A livestreams. I listened to part of yesterday's livestream, which was on the design of Royal Navy aircraft carriers during the period leading up to, and during, World War II. It was extremely informative. He addressed some of the reasons why RN carriers look distinctly different from the US and Japanese ships.

Monday, April 27th 2020, 11:36pm

Now here's an interesting one.

One Hundred Years of Chinese Army Uniforms.

Very interesting. I've filed the other for future viewing.

Tuesday, April 28th 2020, 8:54am

And I'll add in another potentially interesting channel recommendation. A naval historian by the name of Dr. Alexander Clarke has started filming some of his lectures, as well as conducting Q&A livestreams. I listened to part of yesterday's livestream, which was on the design of Royal Navy aircraft carriers during the period leading up to, and during, World War II. It was extremely informative. He addressed some of the reasons why RN carriers look distinctly different from the US and Japanese ships.

Loving his live streams so far, the most informative I've seen yet, which says a lot because I've enjoyed Drachinifel's youtube videos.

Tuesday, April 28th 2020, 9:39am

Yep really good video. And themes of the future streams look really interesting too.

Wednesday, April 29th 2020, 6:25am

And themes of the future streams look really interesting too.

His Thursday lecture looks to be about "Landing Craft and Amphibious Warfare" which could be quite interesting.

Friday, May 1st 2020, 8:37pm

While making some research I found something fairly interesting. I couldn't find much data about this but apparently in 1933 a man called Evangelos Artemis present a design of a guided roket relative functional. There is not much information about the results of the trials but apparently were successful. I any case Evangelos refused to continue claiming that a foreign power was involved and never talked about his design again.

This is the only link that I found. If you are interested I can post photo of the book in which I found it.

https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Evangelos_Artemis

Sunday, May 17th 2020, 9:02pm

Totally unrelated to Wesworld's Argentine aircraft projects, I found an interesting presentation on OTL Argentina's jet development efforts

Thursday, June 11th 2020, 12:00am

Renaissance of French Aviation

I came across an interesting video of French aviation efforts circa 1950 or thereabouts. Many interesting aircraft shown - some service types, some experimental. Enjoy.

Friday, October 9th 2020, 12:30am

I came across this brief video profile of the Swedish FFS J22 fighter. Good shots of the aircraft in flight and on the ground. Hope you like it.

Friday, October 9th 2020, 5:51pm

A brief video history of the Saab 18 twin engine bomber. Neat formation fly-by scene.

Saturday, October 10th 2020, 10:18am

Nice finds Bruce!

Saturday, October 10th 2020, 6:54pm

Nice finds Bruce!

And there are more, like the Saab J29 Tunnan