You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 11th 2016, 2:16am

ShinRa News

I've felt bad about being relatively inactive and not really explaining why, but it mostly involves matters I haven't wanted to talk about.

The most relevant is probably that my mother suffered a major stroke about 8 months ago. I found her a few days after the initial stroke, and she has complete paralysis on her left side, and numerous cognitive deficits. She has not made any improvement in that time, and is not expected to recover. I am her only surviving relative of note, and it has become a fairly exhausting and consuming endevour.

Other things have also contributed, but the salient points for the board is that it's been hard to stay up to speed with everything at Wesworld. I've been able to keep on top of Canada's industrial and design reports (I think, anyway), and PMs. I have not been able to keep pace with everyone else's news, however.

I don't think this is going to change in the near future. I also don't think Canada is important enough that I need replacing, so I also don't think I should need to step down. But I feel everyone should know I'm not really as on top of things as I used to, and it might be a good idea to prod me on IRC or in a PM if there's something I should know or be reacting to.

Thursday, February 11th 2016, 6:28pm

Oy... I thought I remembered hearing that your mom was having some health problems, but I didn't know it was quite so bad. I'm really sorry to hear about that. :(

Friday, February 12th 2016, 3:44am

Terrible news about your mother; I can only imagine how difficult it's been for you.

Friday, February 12th 2016, 9:48am

Sorry to hear your terrible news, I hope you can get some caring support and help.

Friday, February 12th 2016, 12:11pm

I understand the situation and agree that you have your priorities in the correct order. I hope things work out for the best.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, February 12th 2016, 4:38pm

I am very sorry to hear of your family tragedy and I fully support what has been said before: family first, your priorities are well set and we all understand what it means to you.

Take care...

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 5:38am

Thanks, everyone.