You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 6:17pm

Japan various ground stuff

Wesworld's deadliest land weapon...

... especially when you get hit by it when it goes 180. :D

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 6:22pm

Cool! 8)

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 7:13pm

Fascinating.

Where'd you get the templates for the cars and locomotive? They look a bit familiar, but I can't entirely place them...

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 8:51pm

From my MS Paint. :)

The wagons (which was what I began with) are based on linedrawings of the Dutch "Plan E" wagons which you can find here and then altered while looking at the wagons of the Southern Pacific's Daylight here to get the various wagon types.

The E-2 locomotive, introduced here, is based on the OTL DRG Class E 19. I used this picture and shrunk it to about the same size of the wagons and worked with that.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Feb 12th 2012, 8:52pm)

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 9:11pm

While I can't remember having ever travelled with those wagons, I know I have traveled with the Mat '54 trains which I believe have the same types of doors you can slide open while the train is still moving (which I have seen several time). 8o

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 10:14pm

Recently have been messing around with Microsoft Train Simulator to 'create' this version of the Nippon Express...

Not really visible is the Kyoto Express which I had placed all the way on the other side of the station. (D'oh! :pinch: )
Also not visible are the Chinese spies who were run over by the Nippon Express when it left the station. :D

(I did 'cheat' a little. I could not find a download for the 119 class loc so I reskinned a 103 class one instead)

Thursday, November 26th 2015, 11:31pm

It's not an aircraft and since it is launched from the ground, I guess I should post it here. Also renamed the thread...

I was just playing around a bit with MSPaint today to create a few Wesworld Japan rockets...

The three smaller ones are of the not-appeared-in-the-news-yet-but-soon-will-be Tsubame rocket with its booster in the second and third picture (a bit like the US's WAC Corporal + Tiny Tim booster) and the two bigger ones are the Hibari rockets (with the bigger one being the newer Hibari II) that have been mentioned in the Japanese news.

Actually, now that I changed the brightness of my monitor to a darker setting, maybe I should use a lighter grey for the 'white' areas made the grey a little bit lighter...

... and perhaps I should call that red "Hergé Rocket Red". :D

Friday, November 27th 2015, 3:19am

Playing around a bit more...

No exact details are given of the French R1 rocket from the July 1946 news except for its 'monstrous' 1,300 kg weight. Having looked quickly around, it is around the weight of several of the Veronique rockets so I drew 2 R rocket variants, one based on the Veronique NA and the other on the Veronique AGI and added it to the picture with the Japanese rockets I drew earlier (of course the image title is no longer correct)...

I used the black-and-white roll pattern scheme for the French rocket as that would fit better with the French tricolor on the tail fins than if I use the red-and-white recovery and roll pattern scheme I used for the Japanese rockets.

... of course how the R1 rocket actually looks in the end is up to Brock, but I thought I'd give it a shot and maybe give him some bad good ideas... :)

Edit: Using Radome's V-2 rocket pic at Shipbucket as a bit of a guideline, I added some guess of the Argo-Lantean AAM-5 rocket as well, using the Gold-2 color scheme (well, it is actually a b&w photo so Hood could have something else in mind)... no idea about the other Argo-Lantean rockets, but will take a look tomorrow.

Friday, November 27th 2015, 5:02am

R1 was actually supposed to be a larger and improved version of Jean-Jacques Barre's Eole; but with a weight of 1,300kg it's about 1/3rd the size of the design it's theoretically supposed to be based on. I presume my notes got mixed up somewhere or another, hence why I referred to it as "monstrous" when it's not actually that large.

Best explanation at this point is to say that R1 is intended as a basic sounding rocket for mass production, and that there's a larger and more powerful "Eole II" still in development for later, for which the "monster" definition might be more appropriate.

Friday, November 27th 2015, 5:10am

Okay, I will look at the Eole and mess around with that tomorrow.

Friday, November 27th 2015, 3:54pm

Added a few more rockets, including the LePrieur Incendiary Rocket and variants made by the Japanese since the Great war for comparison. :)

Considering its weight, I made an Eole-like rocket for the R1 which is about the size of the similar weight Veronique NA/AGI rockets. I could see the R1 being similar to the Argo-Lantean AAM-3 where it is a scale testbed for a bigger version but at the same time also a basic mass production version Brock mentioned.

No idea about the AAM-4 but it is only 5 cm shorter than the AAM-5 (you can count the pixels if you want to but trust me when I say that the AAM-5 is 1 pixel longer than the AAM-4 :) ) and a little bit less thick. I made the AAM-4 roughly the same as the AAM-5 with some minor visual tweaks here and there. I think it is mainly an internal upgrade of stuff. Now considering that Hood used a pic of the Blue Streak for the AAM-3, I could use that one as base, but the AAM-3 is supposed to be a scale testbed for the AAM-4 so I can't really use the dimensions of the Blue Streak for the AAM-3.

Monday, November 30th 2015, 5:39am

... guess I went a little bit crazy during the weekend... *gets dragged away by the men in white* :D

Monday, November 30th 2015, 5:51am

Oh, good, you're drawing my future Russian stuff too. :)

Monday, November 30th 2015, 6:19am

Well, it would need some changes to become the R-7. While it might not be entirely visible, the lower part of the 2nd stage of the Hayabusa is actually the lower part of the Misago rocket (which is a slightly fatter Jupiter C to match the diameter of the lower part of the R-7's second stage). Then there is the Atlas A nosecone on the top one that would need to be replaced by the pointier one the Russians used (either the short one or the long one) and the Mercury-like capsule on the bottom one that would have to be replaced by the Vostock capsule. Of course the colours would have to be changed as well.

I like the R-7 a lot. It kinda sends the message of "The Exploration Of Space Through Brute Force." :)

Monday, November 30th 2015, 5:05pm

On the other hand, why bother with my crappy pictures when you can use this one? :)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c…9_misil.svg.png

Monday, November 30th 2015, 5:06pm

Mine!

:D

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 8:30pm

Bit of a color test using one of the rockets.

The first one is the one that has been posted above.
The second one uses markings that are more like those used on the Mu rockets and I took the colors from a photo of a Mu rocket.
The third one uses the same markings as the second one, but has actual pieces from another photo of a Mu rocket rather than coloring it by hand.

Monday, January 30th 2017, 10:32pm

Since there is not much action these days other than Bruce's Peruvian work and a few things being caught up by a few others... :)

At the same time I was messing around with the carrier image and submarine image, I was playing around with a few firearm images as well...

Parts are from Colosseum's FAL image, Satirius's AR-10 image and Darth Panda's Type 99 image. The bayonet is based off a few photo's of the Type 30 bayonet (haven't thought of a designation for it yet) as are its colors (which are deliberately slightly different from those of the weapon, being made by a different plant, different material processes, different wood, etc). The rounds are made by sticking a shape outline of what I wanted over a shrunken image of an actual round.

Monday, January 30th 2017, 10:56pm

Interesting drawing; what caliber?

Monday, January 30th 2017, 11:05pm

You mean to tell me that you cannot see the "(6.5x55 mm Mori SA)" bit on the image? That's odd as it should be there...