You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 5:32pm

The end is in sight

My spreadsheet for Bharat now goes to the end of 1950, and after factoring in refits and established construction cycles, I've got a whopping 4,000 t to play with.

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 6:42pm

Woo - 4,000t!

...France and Russia have nearly 700k tons between them. :P

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 6:55pm

Feel free to send me some if you wish to simplify your planning process.

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 6:59pm

Such plans imply to me that no matter what transpires in the course of the sim, Bharat is not expecting to interact in any significant manner - and I find that sad. ;(

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 7:04pm

I wouldn't infer that, necessarily, unless you mean "incur battle damage", which I'm not planning on. Though I'm not really sure what Bharat might do, other than plod along.

Most of the BNS budget is going towards infrastructure, its one-carrier-at-a-time program, the DD/SS/SL pattern, and a few auxiliaries. Most of what's left goes to refitting the early '30s hardware. It doesn't really leave much to tinker with.

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 7:12pm

I wouldn't infer that, necessarily, unless you mean "incur battle damage", which I'm not planning on. Though I'm not really sure what Bharat might do, other than plod along.

Most of the BNS budget is going towards infrastructure, its one-carrier-at-a-time program, the DD/SS/SL pattern, and a few auxiliaries. Most of what's left goes to refitting the early '30s hardware. It doesn't really leave much to tinker with.

I hope you are right...

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 7:21pm

Well:

-Actual warfare's out of the question. Bharat attacking anybody (other than China) is suicide when the entire western hemisphere plans to retaliate. China has enough problems without Bharat being added to them.

-Bharat being attacked by anybody seems unlikely.

-I don't think any other natural disasters are due to clobber Bharat in the '40s.

-Certainly not doing any civil war kind of stuff.

-I'm not super-big on concept of goodwill cruises.

-I'm not doing so well at posting exercise results.

...So I'm not sure what Bharat will be doing. Thus the build plan reflects default intentions.

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 7:40pm

Quoted

China has enough problems without Bharat being added to them.

Won't stop them from trying it... sooo to this bit...

Quoted

-Bharat being attacked by anybody seems unlikely.

I would say... China... :)

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 7:42pm

I concede that point; I think Bharat's the closest ex-ally it hasn't fought yet.

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 7:45pm

Well I could always have a go at Diego Garcia, if you are bored :p

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 8:24pm

I concede that point; I think Bharat's the closest ex-ally it hasn't fought yet.

Well, if you wish to be precise, China backed the Persian Nationalists during their civil war, while Bharat backed the Loyalists. I think there was an occasion or two where Bharati troops faced Chinese "foreign military advisers"...

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 8:44pm

Mmm...

So China/Hedjaz, then. Something to do with Uighurs on the Hajj?

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 11:18am

Does Wesworld reboot in 1950?

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 12:42pm

I don't know, but 1950 is as far as I'm going.