You are not logged in.

Friday, May 9th 2014, 2:16pm

ASW installation weights

Help me out here. Trying to tally up different weapon installations for reference purposes, but I can't find data on everything.

Hedgehog: 1x24 or 2x12 spigot mortar. 13 t quoted for "Dual installation plus six reloads". Heavy recoil, so not usable on stuff smaller than corvettes.

Trainable Hedgehog: 1x24 in trainable mount. 8 t each

Parsnip: Apparently a 2x10 variant of Hedgehog, according to Navweaps. Weight = ?

Mousetrap: 1x4 or 1x8 rocket launcher. Weight = ?

Alpha: 1x1 Rocket-launcher gun. Weight = 24 t for launcher, plus 17 t for 72 rounds.

Squid: 1x3 or 2x3 mortar. Weight = ?

Limbo: 1x3 mortar, trainable/auto-load. 35 t with 17 salvoes

Friday, May 9th 2014, 4:10pm

I'll dig out some figures for the British stuff over the weekend.

Saturday, May 24th 2014, 5:08pm

I looked into some ASW stuff when I was simming the Kikuchi class over a year ago. Besides the figures you have given I found back then that 'Reliable' Wiki gives a weight of 10 tons for the Squid mortar with 200 kg as projectile weight (although the text quotes Navweaps and uses 177 kg instead of 200 kg; just shows how reliable wiki is). For simplicty, I would stick to the higher number for easy calculations and think of 1 ton being a metric ton. This will give you exactly 5 projectiles for each ton of miscellaneous weight.

So for now I would say 1 squid mortar = 10 tons, 20 tons for a pair. Ammunition 5 projectiles/ton.