You are not logged in.

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 2:59pm

First of all I have absolutely zero stats for the GT-1, so basically it can be somewhat close to the IL-32 stats wise or perhaps not, I would assume a wooden prototype would be produced and progress on the design would move forward from there. I have privately assumed that Atlantis could afford to purchase adequate ammounts of aluminum for aircraft production. Most of my "placeholders are in the ships threads and not aircraft and land force threads. That said there was one placeholder in the GT-1's particular folder and has since been removed as per request. The post itself, given the fact that it has no stats at all, has not been edited so I fail to see how that relates to the arguements against the Chinese glider.

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 4:15pm

Quoted

so basically it can be somewhat close to the IL-32 stats wise or perhaps not
Right. It could just look like it but be a lot smaller (something like the CG-4) and without that hinged tail. Without stats it is hard to judge that glider.

Quoted

Most of my "placeholders are in the ships threads and not aircraft and land force threads.
That is true Wes. There are 16 in the Air Force section (~22%), 3 in the Army section (~4%). The vast majority is Navy (~74%).
BTW, 100% "future projects" here and it is not a naval thread. Empty since Saturday, January 29th 2005. :D

Quoted

The post itself, given the fact that it has no stats at all, has not
been edited so I fail to see how that relates to the arguements against
the Chinese glider.
No, it had nothing to do with the Chinese glider. What I meant was that at one point, I'm pretty sure that that particular post as well as other ones in that thread were "Place holder" posts and the planes were edited in afterwards when you had the time to properly reorganize things in your encyclopedia (cause there was another thread with those planes). However if you (or Shin or Hoo or Brock) take one such thread and dump something in there it does not show up as being edited.

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 4:23pm

Quoted

Well, there has to be a reason why the Russians went for engines with
~2500 hp output for the planned tow planes and not for something like
2000 hp. If it has something to do with engine efficiency, I would
expect the Chinese to have at least similar hp engines on its tow
planes.
I don't think the Chinese are stupid. They would have or would be building a prototype that could pull that glider, especially if you were to make it of wood. Currently, none of the planes you have might be able to do that. You don't build 11 protoypes without a proper tow plane. Look at the Il-32. It did not have a proper tow plane. How many did the Russians make? Right. Just the single one. So I expect it to be the same with the Chinese one. So why 11? Something tells me that you are using them against Chosen right now.

You are surely right the Chinese aren't stupid. So step by step .... building one prototype won't sure be a problem (equal build out of wood or alu) .... towing the empty glider with ONE tow plane also won't be a problem ... towing the partially loaded glider with ONE tow plane may be a problem for the chinese aircraft without modifications ... so may be the special tow plane have to get stronger engines ;) (one solution)... BUT .. who did the german handle the problem with the ME-321 Giant as they didn't had the He-111Z ??? Yes .... they used a double or a troika-tow (3 Bf-110 tow the Me-321 .... sure they were a lot of accidents but it was done). Did the German only build one ME-321 till the right towing aircraft was produced ??? NO they build more of them. In my eyes there sure were more reasons than the right tow plane wasn't existing so Russia only build one prototype of the Il-32.

But here we had another solution, because Hood gave me the permission to use the drawing and the stats for the 'Hamilcar'. So i will modify my entry and hope everything is okay now.

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 4:37pm

New Version ;)

General characteristics:
Crew: 2
Capacity: up to 7,000 kg (15,000 lbs) of cargo
Length: 20,73 m (68 ft)
Wingspan: 33,53 m (110 ft)
Height: 6,17 m (20 ft 3in)
Wing area: 153,98 m2 (1657.5 ft2)
Empty weight: 8346 kg (18,400 lb)
Gross weight: 16.329 kg (36,000 lb)

Performance: