You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 7:55pm

News and Events of Chosen 1942

1st February 1942, Seoul:

In a fiery speech to selected officers of the Chosen army, airforce and navy the great leader of Chosen Jong Un announced that "the year 1942 will become a glorius year, a year of changes which will be the beginning of a golden age for the armed forces.
Engineers, technicans and mechanics are working hand in hand in shifts around the clock to fullfill the needs of the newborn Empi....uhm....regional power of Chosen."
He also mentioned the ongoing armament projects which are planned to be deployed in 1942. The most important of those projects is the new WAC-120 attack aircraft which showed formidable flight characteristics in evaluation trials.
However, the most prestigeous project is the G-10 S passenger plane which is the largest chosen made plane so far and had its maiden flight on 25th October in 1941.

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 8:40pm

5th March 1942, Jeju-do:

The narrow streets of Jeju-si, the biggest city on the Jeju Island are crowded with people and trucks.
A few weeks ago the first passenger ships and ferries arrived at the port of Jeju-si, bringing thousands of construction workers, craftsmen and engineers to their new workplace. These scores of workers are living under harsh conditions in makeshift barrack settlements, which have been build hastliy all over the island.
The sleepy Island Jeju-do has been chosen to become one of the keystones to consolidate the Chosen sphere of influence.
The project ist called "fortress of the korean strait", Jeju-do is supposed to become a giant forward base of the combined forces. Those plans include the construction of a large bunker complex, underground storages for supplies, fuel and ammunition, submarine bunkers, several heavy and light flak batteries as well as pillboxes and coastal batteries.
When the construction is completed, the facilities of Jeju-do will be manned with a garrision of 25,000 men, three airforce regiments and two submarine flotillas (peacetime strength).

As the wise Grand Admiral Jong Ghim Rhee said while inspecting the construction sites on jeju-do: "If the plans for Jeju-do are realized it will be the proud of every Chosen servicemen; this island will be like a third testicle for the people of Chosen."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 23rd 2012, 10:20pm)

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 8:54pm

The German Government finds this information disquieting.

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 9:37pm

For some reason, I'm thinking Guns of Navarone... I mean Guns of Jeju. :)

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 9:39pm

IC: The Bharati government had no comment.

OOC: The Bharati government snickered.

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 9:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
For some reason, I'm thinking Guns of Navarone... I mean Guns of Jeju. :)

Somehow I cannot see Japan looking on this development with equanimity.

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 9:41pm

The only difference is that Jeju can be bypassed rather easily.

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 9:47pm

... and that is the flaw in the plan. :)

"Drats! The enemy ships pass through the area outside the range of our artillery!!"

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 9:49pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
IC: The Bharati government had no comment.

OOC: The Bharati government snickered.

OOC: *Amused snort at the Bharati reaction*

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 10:17pm

Official Statement from the Chief of the National Bureau of Information and Desinformation (NBID):

Obvisiously a smear-campaign has been started by hostile and abject powers which regard the recent achievements of Chosen with distrust and envy.
The Chosen general staff, which members are without a doubt "the greatest military genuises of all time" worked on the plan to construct a military fortress on Jeju-Do, and moreover the plan has been approved by the beloved and noble Jong Un himself.
Therefore, the assumption there could be 'flaws' or any disadvantages in that plan is just ridicilous and insulting.
Mistakes are not made in Chosen.

Sincerely yours

Chong Park (Chief of the NBID)

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 24th 2012, 11:56am)

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 10:20pm

Better for Chosen to put money and resources on a rock than on ships and planes.

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 10:23pm

Quoted

National Bureau of Information and Desinformation (NBID)

LMAO! Well, at least the purpose of their existence is clear. :D

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 10:41pm

The name itself could be disinformation!

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 10:44pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
The name itself could be disinformation!

Diabolically clever! ;) :D

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 12:24am

IC : The Dutch find this interesting, but are not terribly concerned, a Dutch warship hasn't been to Chosen in well over a century.

OOC : Hmm, by my count, the Dutch field
118 x 240mm+, 470 x 152-155mm, & 24x 100mm coastal artillery pieces, backed by 784x125mm DP and 2,264x 40mm AA... yeah, they believe in coastal defenses.

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
The only difference is that Jeju can be bypassed rather easily.

Sounded like it's going to be just part of a chain, with air resources to strike against SLOC.

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Better for Chosen to put money and resources on a rock than on ships and planes.

The 3 airforce regiments are harder to remove, and the airfield harder to capture due to the guns :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Jul 24th 2012, 12:24am)

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 1:36am

6th April 1942, Pyongyang, Ministry of Defence, conference room no. 16, informal meeting

Hwang Lee-Moon (minister of defence): "Well, I am sorry that I had to call this little summon on a short notice, but the reports I got are pretty unsettling and I don't know how to tell...."

Jong Un (great and beloved leader): "Don't beat around the bush, Moon. I had to reschedule my visit to the Busan Tractor Factory just becsaue of this, so you better have something important to say."

Hwang Lee-Moon: "It is important but....uhm...."

Kang Mung-sik (minister of economy and industry): "What Mr. Lee-Moon trying to say is....is....that we are in serious trouble. As much as everybody is endoring the projects initiated by you, Mr. Un, it is overambitious to realize them all at such a pace. All branches of our heavy industry are overstrained. The industry is lacking machine tools and fully fledged workers. Don't get me wrong, the people are euphoric, they are eager to work but many of them have very little or no education at all. It is impossible to assemble highly sophisticated military goods just with peaseants."

Jong Un: "That's nonsense, I have have seen the designs and you have seen them too. Songsun and WAC, they make beautiful planes, you can see them already flying."

Kang Mung-sik: "Prototypes, they are just prototypes. Even the SSC-60 which is considered obsolete by some experts is not available at sufficient numbers yet.
Indeed we have some skilled engineers who did a formidable job, WAC and Songsun chief-engineers studied in Europe but nonetheless we are lacking skilled and experienced mechanics. We don't just need fancy aircraft designs, we need the knowhow to produce them in sufficient numbers."

Jong Un: "Then do something about that issue....just one time...just one single time I'd like to work with professionals."

Kang Mung-sik: "I have already taken measures to solve the problem, however it needs some time and..."

Hwang Lee-Moon: "With due respect, Mr. Un. We are unable to fullfill your requirements, at least for this year. It is impossible to bring the Army to the desired strength of 600,000 men within such a short time. There are enough young men willing to serve in the Forces , we just don't have enough capacities to train and equip them, we can't even issue an uniform to every conscript at the moment, much less a rifle. We are in great need of practically everything: rifles, ammunition, artillery pieces and heavy weapons as well as vehicles."

Jong Un: "This is unacceptable, this is totally unacceptable."

Kang Mung-sik: "I understand your desire for an idependent armament industry, though, our domestic industry is not ready for that yet. If we are lucky we can produce a sufficient number of fighter airframes untill 1944 but a capable engine has to be aquired from some foreign country. The same is true for other military goods. We should make an effort to get hands on some critical wepaons systems and tools and maybe even some licenses."

Jong Un: "Indeed, but why do you say that to me....I entrust my minsters with important tasks and I expect them doing their job. The acquisition of armament deals with foreign countries is the responsibility of the NBOA, you know that yourself.
Where is this guy, by the way, where is Chun Moo-Bak?"

Hwang Lee-Moon: "That is another thing we wanted to discuss with you Mr. Un. Mr. Moo-Bak is....well, he is not the best choice as the president of the NBOA."

Kang Mung-sik: "Seconded. He has quite some responsibility for those unpleasant circumstances we are in... he has no diplomatic skill, you heard about the chemical weapons incident? It's a shame.
Moreover he made some insinuations which have the potential to put stress on our relationship to China."

Jong Un: "It is yet too soon for messing with the chinese. I will consider to replace Moo-Bak."

Kang Mung-sik: "Maybe that is not enough, there are indications....serious indications which would require a more permanent solution. Mr. Chong Park (NBID) talked about a file concerning Moo-Bak. Mr. Park said there are indications Moo-Bak is an agent.....you should talk with him about that as soon as he is back in town. Regardless if the suspicions are true or not, we should get rid of him just to be sure. Moo-Bak hasn't proved to be of value anyway."

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 24th 2012, 3:16am)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 1:43am

OOC: Nice articles. Like them a lot. They are so....different. :o)

Remember your local SAE arms dealer. There are so many shiny fighter aircrafts in the SAE, some may find their way to Chosen. ;o)

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 2:02am

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
It is impossible to bring the Army to the desired strength of 600,000 men within such a short time.

Not a surprise there - that's around twenty-five soldiers for every thousand people in Chosen. Quite a high ratio that need to be armed and equipped during peacetime...

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 2:12am

Meta-game note:
Maybe that's a missunderstanding caused by my dubious english skills but I am not planning to transform Jeju-Do into some kind of "bunker-island".
I thought more of a "Rabaul in the Korean Strait". So basically a well defended base to supply and support potential operations in the South Chinese Sea or the Phillipine Sea.
The small benefit of Jeju-Do is, that ships operating from there would avoid passing through chokepoints like the tsushima-strait (at least when operating from the korean east coast).
Ships operating from the korean west coast would have to sail quite a distance under the threat of chinese airattacks, which is not a favourable option I think.
The decision for Jeju-Do will probably become more comprehensible as soon as I am writing a few lines about the Chosen naval doctrine.
Moreover it should be considered, that even if the island has little offensive value for Chosen, it could have a big offensive value for an enemy who plans to occupy it in a war against Chosen....

@HoOmAn: Thanks, I will try to keep it different...at least a bit. By the way what means OOC and IC....and OTL?

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 2:15am

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
By the way what means OOC and IC....and OTL?

IC: In character, what we say when we're speaking officially as our player countries.
OOC: Out Of Character - what the players themselves are thinking and saying.
OTL: Our Time Line, the reality which we as the players inhabit.