You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 9:19am

He hasn't been around for some time now?

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 3:30pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
He hasn't been around for some time now?

He made a brief appearance in mid-October, but I do not think he has been back on since. IIRC he had relocated and was beginning to settle in.

I can understand the situation Parador is in - with the war hanging fire since October 1940 it is very difficult to finalize construction - particularly as both powers had declared that they were moving to a war economy.

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 4:01pm

Well, per the PMs I received from Perdy, the war was supposed to be over with a Filipino victory by March of 1941. If I recall correctly, the Chinese and Filipinos had arranged a truce at the end of December 1940, which was ended January 1941. Might I suggest that, if Perdy doesn't return within the next week or so, that truce instead gets extended by the two governments, followed by some sort of peace settlement? That will let you move ahead with your Chinese news and reports, and when Perdy returns he can then move forward with the Philippines as well. And the rest of us don't need to backdate responses to potentially major events that could have occurred during that time.

France would like to offer to host peace talks between the two combatants in Saigon.

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 7:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Well, per the PMs I received from Perdy, the war was supposed to be over with a Filipino victory by March of 1941. If I recall correctly, the Chinese and Filipinos had arranged a truce at the end of December 1940, which was ended January 1941. Might I suggest that, if Perdy doesn't return within the next week or so, that truce instead gets extended by the two governments, followed by some sort of peace settlement? That will let you move ahead with your Chinese news and reports, and when Perdy returns he can then move forward with the Philippines as well. And the rest of us don't need to backdate responses to potentially major events that could have occurred during that time.

France would like to offer to host peace talks between the two combatants in Saigon.

Okay for me .... but by the way it's not a Filipino victory .. it's more a draw

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 8:00pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
Okay for me .... but by the way it's not a Filipino victory .. it's more a draw

Not according to all of the PMs I had, which stated that the Chinese would withdraw from the Spratleys at the end of the war. Considering that's what the whole shindig's about, that's pretty much a Filipino victory, as I see it.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 8:05pm

Depends on their losses - could be a Pyrrhus....

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 8:08pm

Hm, well. That's true enough. The Filipino Navy's kinda fumbled the ball on most of their battles so far.

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 8:55pm

IMO a strategic victory is more important than a tactical victory, winning the war is more important that winning the battle. That holds true in most wars unless its a nuclear war, for obvious reasons.

Unless the Philippino's lost other territory, they would technically be the victors if their primary aim was to evict China from the Spratleys.

The politics in the aftermath can always be spun to proclaim victors.

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 4:06am

I'm off to my den to hibernate. Wake me up when Q4 comes around.

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 3:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
I'm off to my den to hibernate. Wake me up when Q4 comes around.

Talk to:

Belgium: Q3/41
Denmark: Q1/41, Q2/41, Q3/41
Romania: Q2/41, Q3/41
Australia: Q2/41, Q3/41
China: Q1/41, Q2/41, Q3/41
Chosen: Q2/41, Q3/41
Japan: Q2/41, Q3/41
Pacifica: Q2/41, Q3/41
The Philippines: Q1/41, Q2/41, Q3/41
Mexico: Q2/41, Q3/41

NPCs:
Nordmark, Poland, Latvia

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 8:07pm

Working on catching up should be caught up no later than tomorrow night.

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 8:08pm

*Starts stopwatch* GO!

;) :D

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 11:48pm

Well, I can't do much in France. I was supposed to go back tomorrow, but the Belgians are on strike and the trains won't run there. :(

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 12:01am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Well, I can't do much in France. I was supposed to go back tomorrow, but the Belgians are on strike and the trains won't run there. :(

That sucks. Of course I can think of worse places to be stranded than France.

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 1:17am

Like Greece? :P

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 1:41am

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy

Texas comes to mind. ;)

And did somebody change the name of the thread?

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 2:41am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy

Texas comes to mind. ;)

And did somebody change the name of the thread?

1. LOL
2. Yes, it was Q3/41.

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 4:19am

Who is running Persia atm? Was working on a deal with Perdy for Azerbaijan's guns on Q2/41, but never got all the details in place.

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 4:35am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Who is running Persia atm? Was working on a deal with Perdy for Azerbaijan's guns on Q2/41, but never got all the details in place.

Perdy posted the Q2/41 reports here, if that's of help.

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 4:46am

Ah it was Isfahan's guns not Azerbaijan. Would there be any issues if I payed 100t for her main guns? Its the two triple 5.12" turrets. We agreed on the sale but did not discuss the price.