You are not logged in.

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 8:07pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
In my eyes, Italy is too fixated on India to see the true dangers just over their borders. :)

You mean the Greeks have just given away their cunning plan?

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 8:08pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle
Greece would wonder why Italy cares so much about the Indian Ocean.

More seriously, I'll link you back to this.

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 8:25pm

Quoted

Yes, they're going to use a wooden chicken to invade Italy. :)

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 7:27pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Quoted

In my eyes, Italy is too fixated on India to see the true dangers just over their borders. :)

I think he was referring to your neighbor to your north. However, having re-read your analysis, I was never aware of that enclave in Albania. Must of missed that when I read it before.

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 7:42pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Quoted

I think he was referring to your neighbor to your north. However, having re-read your analysis, I was never aware of that enclave in Albania. Must of missed that when I read it before.

Is someone suggesting that the Swiss may wish to try a replay of Marignano? 8o

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 7:52pm

Swiss agents have already infiltrated Italy and are posing as the Pope's guards. :)

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 8:00pm

Quoted

Swiss agents have already infiltrated Italy and are posing as the Pope's guards. :)

Ah. I thought those were Ninjas-in-disguise.

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 8:12pm

The NID's do not have Swiss citizenship so they need to be more creative to infiltrate Vatican City... tourists... sushi salesmen... the plant next to the Pope's desk... the Pope's desk... :)

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 9:42pm

Trials of two new vehicles for the Esercito Italiano started in late 1941, in order to fulfill a requirement for a larger counterpart to the S.37 armoured personnel carrier. Both types tested are based on the highly successful Autoblinda 40 armoured car chassis.

One of the vehicles is a minimum change variant that uses the same underlying chassis and engine.The spare wheels on the AB.40 are now fully integrated into the powertrain to give a 6x6 vehicle, rather than the 4x4 of before with free-running mid wheels. The rear driving position of the AB.40 is kept, allowing the spacious troop compartment to be mounted at the rear of the vehicle.

The other vehicle is a larger and heavier armoured variant. Although initally based on the AB.40 chassis, the vehicle is widened and features a new engine and 8x8 drivetrain. This vehicle is a large change from the AB.40 compared to the 6x6 variant, but features improved protection.

Trials will initally be carried out in the North of Italy, but are later expected to move abroad to either Cirenaica or Ethiopia for prolonged desert trials.