You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 15th 2003, 2:31pm

Saved thread - Springstyle

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(4/23/03 8:26:35 am)
springstyle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As it stands i'm still stumped on how to get the new version of springstyle to work, i still have the dos version and it seems to crash if i have to redesign a ship more than once. Can anyone help?

LordArpad
Spammer wanna be
(4/23/03 9:20:11 am)
Re: springstyle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK,

let's try this again:

AFAIK you have:

- Windows XP
- the .net framework installed
- downloaded SpringSharp

correct?

When you doubleclick SS nothing at all happens, not even an error message

correct?

Have you ever run Windows Update? Your XP might need to be patched.

cheers

Bernhard

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(4/23/03 7:05:19 pm)
updates
...i do need updates but i don't have the new version of springstyle, as it won't complete the download for some odd reason. It may just be an update i need that will fix it but i've had some problems with that as well.....damn you bill gates!

LordArpad
Spammer wanna be
(4/23/03 9:17:00 pm)
Re: updates
sorry, lets apply some discpline here:

I emailed you the whole of springsharp. you have it. please do not jump to conclusions but tell me exactly what is happening. you always claim that springsharp does not download succesfully. I do not believe this. what does actually ahppen, please describe symptoms rather that conclusions otherwise we/I will not ne able to help you.

I have emailed you Springsharp. what exactly does happen when you try to run the springsharp.exe? no conclusions please, I want a factual description. does it coem up with an error message? if so which one? if not, what happens?

please, the only way out of this is with discipline.

cheers

Bernhard

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(4/24/03 12:00:52 am)
cripes
...i need the link to springstyle/springsharp. Lets try this step by step and see what i can do.

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(4/26/03 5:09:27 am)
i'm in buisness
Not only did i update windows XP properly but i have springsharp....a much much better program!

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(4/26/03 9:21:06 pm)
sigh
....now it seems all my work has blown up in my face....after attempting to load a saved design springsharp works but won't poduce a report on the design...or any design now.....what the heck?

King of Riva
Spammer wanna be
(4/27/03 5:13:35 am)
Are you sure you hit the "create report button"?
As well as the "save report" afterwards?

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(4/27/03 7:08:00 am)
ok figured it out
It seems i over reacted, when you change some things it resets your engine specifications and if you do not not set them again it will not allow you to save settings. I figured this out after several de-installs and re-installs as well as a few repair installs......finnaly i found out what it was.

Pengolodh
Spammer wanna be
(4/27/03 7:32:41 am)
Re: ok figured it out
Give IanRG a detailed report on what happened - he will need it to weed it out of subsequent versions. It seems like a bug and not an intended feature to me.
Best regards
Pengolodh
"Iraq will not be defeated. Iraq has now already achieved victory - apart from some technicalities."
- Mohsen Khalil, Iraqi Ambassador to the Arab League

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(4/28/03 4:37:32 am)
sounds like a plan
...i will fool around abit more to see exactly which setting change initiates the reset. Other than that i'm having a blast designing ships on springsharp!