You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 29th 2011, 7:14pm

Ya'll should have complained back when I posted this...

Proposed Timeline A
October 1938 - Design team for the I-19 is formed (Russian Metal Aircraft design assistance is procured in early 1939)
November 1940 - Prototypes of I-19A are built, used for testing and analyzation
February 1941 - I-19A enters limited pre-production, I-19B enters prototype stage
April 1941 - I-19B enters pre-production
June 1941 - I-19B enters full production

Friday, July 29th 2011, 8:21pm

You don't have first flight on there. Usually, first flight takes place about 2/5ths to 3/5ths into an aircraft's development cycle.

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 3:01am

Forget it.

Since everything I do with avaiation seems to come under attack by two people, I'll just stop detailing my airforce beyond the number of aircraft in it.

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 3:16am

Why do you always interpret any attempt to 'help' as either talking down to you or as some sort of bizarre personal attack? It's really extremely annoying.

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 2:26pm

I think you could have said it a bit nicer. :)

Tex, correct me if I am wrong, but from looking back at the older posts, the I-19As are purely a prototype variant of the I-19, right? I could not spot anything else, so it looks to me that the first flight of the I-19A was on November 18th, 1940.

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 4:55pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
I think you could have said it a bit nicer. :)

I could perhaps have said things a bit nicer, but at the same time, even after review, I don't think I dipped below 'neutrality'. After my initial confusion I stuck to the bare facts and arguments, and certainly didn't say anything that would require the response it got.

[Irritated] I must be a sucker for trying to help people, because I keep trying to help Tex even though I don't think this project is viable, and he's given us these sorts of responses before. In fact, he's said these sorts of things before even when I was offering help to *other* people, so frankly I feel this is just an attention issue, and only vaguely related to the topic at hand. X( Yes, I'm sure I can say that nicer, but I prefer being truthful to being 'nice'.[/Irritated]

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 6:33pm

yeah, the I-19A is the first varient of the I-19 type.

Friday, August 26th 2011, 3:46am

February 21st

Nothing suspicious happens today. Nothing at all. Stop looking at the Latvian Government that way, stop looking behind that big curtain...*boom*